• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone else just had a never ending france/english war? Playing Bavaria I can't help noticing that England and France have been going at it for more then a century now (its 1566). There has never been a peacedeal. As a result a 2PM schotland still exist and france never integrated any of the minors cept for Provence. Most contested province seems to be english owned but frances occupied Friesia were they just keep switching places.

Eu3 to vicky 2
Can someone point me to that converter and would it work for D&T mod. I assume it takes mostly map and country files something something. I have been wrong before...

How does the "Force Religion" work? Why can't I do it on everyone that isn't my religion?

How does the "Force Religion" work? Why can't I do it on everyone that isn't my religion?
The main restriction is that you can only do it to heretics (i.e. other members of your religious group), not heathens.

The main restriction is that you can only do it to heretics (i.e. other members of your religious group), not heathens.
Also, can I annex heathens who are vassals? Sorry if this hasn't been covered already.

QUESTION:

I'm Emperor Austria, and a province of Venice (originally Aquielia) have been seized by rebels, type "patriots".

I've noticed that the rebels have my flag, but the occupation did not grant me a core, so the question is:

1. Will event #950 trigger when the province defects to me, thus granting me the core?

2. If #1 is not true, what can I do with the province? I can't release it as vassal, and it's expensive infamy-wise to keep it, since I would be illegitimately owning an HRE province. I could only think of selling it.

DESCRIPTION OF EVENT #950

It's the event that triggers when you take an HRE province from a non-HRE nation while you are an HRE member/emperor, granting you core on that land. It surely triggers via the "Imperial Ban" CB, but I'm not sure about other approaches...

Forward thanks.

If the province flips to you you will have to either keep it illegitimately for 50 years or sell it. If it was originally Aquileia's, can't you release them as a vassal from it? If they already exist then no luck. But unless you have a bunch of unlawful provinces already, the +.25 for one prov isn't so bad.

No. (Sorry for how curt that sounds, but there's not much to elaborate on. :p)
I really feel for you people (myself included) that are playing as a non-Christian/Muslim nation and are trying to deal with heathen countries...

Last edited:
If the province flips to you you will have to either keep it illegitimately for 50 years or sell it. If it was originally Aquileia's, can't you release them as a vassal from it? If they already exist then no luck. But unless you have a bunch of unlawful provinces already, the +.25 for one prov isn't so bad.

Field confirmation acquired... I have the province now, so I'll see about selling it.

EDIT: SUCKS! It's coreless from any! damn core revocation!!

I really feel for you people (myself included) that are playing as a non-Christian/Muslim nation and are trying to deal with heathen countries...

Doing it in the Eastern religion group is rather easy to be honest, since so much of the world is in that religion group. If you're a pagan, well, diplo annexing is likely the least of your worries.

Field confirmation acquired... I have the province now, so I'll see about selling it.

EDIT: SUCKS! It's coreless from any! damn core revocation!!

Try hiring a -infamy adviser. It should let you keep the province without ill effects if you have full cultural tradition when you get it.

If it was originally Aquileia's, can't you release them as a vassal from it? If they already exist then no luck.
It's presumably an Austrian-culture province and Aquileia is Lombard so they would have lost their core when they were annexed.

How are the initial OOBs determined (the number and location of armies and navies at the start of a campaign)? I can't find any such file, and it seems impossible for there to be files for every single day from 1399 to 1821...

It is generated by the game engine based on the provinces you own, where they are located (galleys vs carracks), and so forth. I'm not sure if anyone has listed the parameters anywhere since it's not something you can really do anything about.

It is generated by the game engine based on the provinces you own, where they are located (galleys vs carracks), and so forth. I'm not sure if anyone has listed the parameters anywhere since it's not something you can really do anything about.

Interestingly, I loaded up as England twice, and one of the times, I had 2 more ships and regiments.