• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone said earlier that it only happens when there is noone to vote for. Could someone expand ont this? Aslong as there are 1 more protestant or catholic nation around this should not be a problem. And the emperor can always be someone outside of the empire aswell. I just can't see this happening.
It's perfectly possible (if not necessarily likely) for the Christian world to consist entirely of theocracies, republics, and vassals.

Atleast castille was still a catholic kingdom and there were more. I myself was a protestant kingdom and force converted Bohemia and some others to this aswell. There were no reformed electors. Perhaps its just buggy that it happens sometimes, or perhaps its intended. Has anyone here a concrete case of the emperor state being annexed/vassilized and the HRE staying intact?

Playing as a Japanese Daimyo.I'm about 10 years from uniting Japan. Need to burn some infamy.(it's around 30)to fabricate claims on last Daimyo.(awaiting truce end)
Will infamy stay this high after taking decision to unite Japan?

For some reason I can't create an embassy.(to help with infamy burn)I've got plenty of gold 2500 more than I ever usually have as a European nation in early 1500's.

Playing as a Japanese Daimyo.I'm about 10 years from uniting Japan. Need to burn some infamy.(it's around 30)to fabricate claims on last Daimyo.(awaiting truce end)
Will infamy stay this high after taking decision to unite Japan?

For some reason I can't create an embassy.(to help with infamy burn)I've got plenty of gold 2500 more than I ever usually have as a European nation in early 1500's.

Yes, your infamy stays after you unite Japan. As I recall you can't build an embassy as a daimyo (since you aren't officially a kingdom, just an aspiring family) along with some other things. It's been a while since I played Japan in the vanilla game though so that could be wrong.

Atleast castille was still a catholic kingdom and there were more. I myself was a protestant kingdom and force converted Bohemia and some others to this aswell. There were no reformed electors. Perhaps its just buggy that it happens sometimes, or perhaps its intended. Has anyone here a concrete case of the emperor state being annexed/vassilized and the HRE staying intact?

Electors also can't vote for people they are at war with (at the very least). There may well be other, less obvious, restrictions such as negative vote totals due to poor relations/high infamy and so forth. It's all changing in 5.2 anyway since the Emperor is being made immune to annexation. The HRE regularly stays intact after the emperor is subjugated, it just elects a new emperor. The only known issue is if there are no eligible nations to vote for.

Is it possible for Avignon to become pope? if Papal States are conquered?

I do recall that Avignon and Teutonic Order can't become pope, but don't know if that's right.

Is it possible for Avignon to become pope? if Papal States are conquered?

I do recall that Avignon and Teutonic Order can't become pope, but don't know if that's right.

Yes, theocracies can get an event that turns them into the new Papal States, though the Teutonic Order cannot switch tag.

I think this is the code for the event itself:

Code:
country_event = {

id = 1082

trigger = {
		NOT = { exists = PAP }
		NOT = { exists = ITA }
		religion = catholic
		government = theocratic_government
		NOT = { tag = TEU }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 6

modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			tag = AVI
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			capital_scope = {
				NOT = { religion = catholic }
			}
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.95
			theologian = 5
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.1
			NOT = { advisor = theologian }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME1082"
	desc = "EVTDESC1082"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1082"
		prestige = 0.025
		government = papal_government
		change_tag = PAP
	}
}

Current 5.2 beta, normal advisors. In all the time I was in the Ottoman tech group (1399-early 1500s), I don't think I had a single advisor in the pool that wasn't either born in a country I'd subsequently conquered, or born from my meagre supply of cultural tradition.
I believe that the number of advisor spawns is based on the number of countries in the tech group. Since there are very few in your group to start with and you probably annexed most of them early on you probably wouldn't see many spawns unless you left an advisor slot vacant or something.

In my third game I am now working with the horde mechanics as Bavaria for the first time. For some reason it took colonist 800+ days to reach a conquered horde province. Was this due too my high war exhaustion, the fact it connected to a random core and not the capitol, or are these times always that long?

In my third game I am now working with the horde mechanics as Bavaria for the first time. For some reason it took colonist 800+ days to reach a conquered horde province. Was this due too my high war exhaustion, the fact it connected to a random core and not the capitol, or are these times always that long?

Colonists travel from the capital and unless you have a cored port, they travel by foot. How long would it take you to hike with supplies from Central Germany to the Steppes?

Colonists travel from the capital and unless you have a cored port, they travel by foot. How long would it take you to hike with supplies from Central Germany to the Steppes?

Not three years as the steppes are in modern day Hungary and Romania atm :p, but thanks for clearing that up.

I do not have a direct land connection. Both my port blobs in the north sea and the adreatic are cored by now, but to get there from Bavaria my peasents need to cross vassel and non vassel terrain alike. (took the non HRE land from Burgundy + Croatia)

Slightly different to the typical question asked in this thread, but I thought it was better put here than anywhere else.

Does anyone have that image of the "Why can't I hold all these limes" meme, but with the man wearing Morion and holding gold coins, and the text says "Why can't I hold all these ducats?"

I saw it months ago on this forum!

You need to demand the PU with the War Leader. In this case, you need to defeat Ethiopia who has, for whatever reason, backed the opposition to Aragon's throne and demand the PU. You'll need to gain a large amount of warscore against a distant foe...

Note that demanding hte PU against Ethiopia will make you have a PU with Aragon, not Ethiopia, although the popup messages can sometimes get quite strange in this situation.

Thanks that worked.

Electors also can't vote for people they are at war with (at the very least). There may well be other, less obvious, restrictions such as negative vote totals due to poor relations/high infamy and so forth. It's all changing in 5.2 anyway since the Emperor is being made immune to annexation. The HRE regularly stays intact after the emperor is subjugated, it just elects a new emperor. The only known issue is if there are no eligible nations to vote for.
There's also the possibility that all eligible monarchies (as you said earlier, the number can be quite low) were ruled by female monarchs.

How does Random lucky nations work?

Is it weighted toward the historical anyway?

Or does it change them based on human players country?

I've only used it a few times and usual suspects seemed to be "lucky"

How does Random lucky nations work?

Is it weighted toward the historical anyway?

Or does it change them based on human players country?

I've only used it a few times and usual suspects seemed to be "lucky"

It's skewed towards nations with a lot of heavily populated provinces.

So basically France and England are likely to end up as lucky with this choice.

Does Ming ever end up with lucky, then? Is it skewed towards Europe?
I believe it's skewed towards large nations near the player so Ming probably won't be lucky unless you play a country in East Asia.

What is the minimum resolution for playing EU3? What aspect ratios does it support?