• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1399, a few years before Tamerlane's death. The game features the remnants of the Golden Horde, though.
There is also the Mongol Khanate to the east. It's trapped between Ming and Manchu and will definitly have one of the harder times among all nations in the game but on the bright side, at least your neigbours won't outrun you as fast - technologically.

What does "Lucky Nations" do? Provide bonuses to the AI?

It was meant to create a more historical map of Europe, because when ticked it favours those nations that have been successful IRL, i.e. England/GB, France, Castille/Spain, Austria and 4 more I can't remember. Unfortunately, when you're small and have to fight one of these "luckies" it is really no fun. So you'd better not check this option.

Is there anyway as the Hansa to stop getting the "Bring England into the fold" Mission?

In game they own Antwerpen so it is impossible to bring them in Diplomatically and I really don't want to fight a War.I'm the biggest Protestant Country and Their Reformed.(RP thing)I'd rather get Annexation Missions....I have several vassals I want to annex and don't want to deal with the "Formal Request" event yet.

I will Destroy the Blobhemenian Emperor for the Cores for Germany when the time is right.

Was the ability to send rulers to their deaths on naval expeditions removed? I'm pretty sure it was possible in IN.

Because right now despite sending my inept king on a quest to find Atlantis, he was still alive after the boat sank due to attrition.

It was meant to create a more historical map of Europe,
This is only true of the "historical" option. The "random" option (and to some extent "historical" as well) is intended to create some strong countries to provide a challenge; "random" tends to choose large countries close to the player country (which often means the same as the historical choices).

Is there anyway as the Hansa to stop getting the "Bring England into the fold" Mission?

In game they own Antwerpen so it is impossible to bring them in Diplomatically and I really don't want to fight a War.I'm the biggest Protestant Country and Their Reformed.(RP thing)I'd rather get Annexation Missions....I have several vassals I want to annex and don't want to deal with the "Formal Request" event yet.

I will Destroy the Blobhemenian Emperor for the Cores for Germany when the time is right.
Nope, unless England doesn't exist, you're not merchant republic, or you're suddenly a subject nation or subject of a union, it'll just keeps on haunting you.

Was the ability to send rulers to their deaths on naval expeditions removed? I'm pretty sure it was possible in IN.

Because right now despite sending my inept king on a quest to find Atlantis, he was still alive after the boat sank due to attrition.

Yeah it's not gonna work. Though making him a general still works, kind of anyway.

Can I culture convert and form nations as France? I think I read somewhere that it's not possible for certain nations.

This has almost certainly been asked before but I wasn't able to find it using the search;

What's the distinction between "local tax" and "direct tax"? It doesn't appear to be discussed in the manual.

This has almost certainly been asked before but I wasn't able to find it using the search;

What's the distinction between "local tax" and "direct tax"? It doesn't appear to be discussed in the manual.
A "local tax" modifier affects the province's total tax income. A "direct tax" modifier affects the percentage of the province's total tax income that you get as your annual census taxes.

Do I delete the entire cache folder, including the 'quad textures' folder, or just the files not in the 'quad textures folder' within the cache folder?

EDIT: I downloaded a patch and I need to refresh pathfinding.

Do I delete the entire cache folder, including the 'quad textures' folder, or just the files not in the 'quad textures folder' within the cache folder?

EDIT: I downloaded a patch and I need to refresh pathfinding.

You delete the entire content of the /cache folder. You can delete the entire /cache folder in /map itself since it'll reconstruct upon starting the game.

You delete the entire content of the /cache folder. You can delete the entire /cache folder in /map itself since it'll reconstruct upon starting the game.

And he might have to delete "compatibility files" as well, lot of people miss this one.