• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What gets calculated first, army movement or attrition? In other words: if I move an army from province A to B, and the army is set to arrive on the 1st of the month (the day attrition is calculated, right?), will it suffer attrition from province A or province B?

The way EU3's map grid works, you are still in province A until the instant when you arrive in province B. At any time before the instant of your arrival, you can be attacked in province A. If the first of the month occurs at any time *before* the instant of your arrival, you will reinforce at the rate that is appropriate for province A. [This is a game mechanic that I rely on] So you get attrition from A until the moment that you arrive in B. Maybe a better question would be: does attrition get calculated at midnight, and if so, is that before my troops arrive on the first of the month?
I don't know the answer to that one.

Last edited:
Maybe a better question would be: does attrition get calculated at midnight, and if so, is that before my troops arrive on the first of the month?
I don't know the answer to that one.

Hey, that is what I asked!

Here's another question for you (all) : what are the requirements for inland colonies? They always show 2000/300 for colonization range when I mouseover them, even with a core two provinces away.

Here's another question for you (all) : what are the requirements for inland colonies? They always show 2000/300 for colonization range when I mouseover them, even with a core two provinces away.

You need to have a province touching the province you want to colonize, and you need to have a direct land route from the province you want to colonize to either a port or your capital.

Do the trade or production buildings (marketplace, etc) have any effect in a province producing gold? If I understand things right, they don't, because gold has a base value of zero, so bonuses to trade or production value does nothing? Right?

Trade doesn't(well excpet for the non trade modifiers like roads), but production does.

Does eastern nations (Asia and such) get incorporate missions?

The ones to diploannex your vassals? Yes. As long as they're in your religious group you should be able to get that mission.

His armies have to be beaten first. Either that, or max war exhaustion. I've had wars @ 58% where they give nothing if you don't crush their big army.

Yeah, it was weird. I just had to defeat a small 5k army (not the main 40k one) and it passed a tipping point where he then was very accommodating.

I'm playing HTTT and one of my vassals keeps "violating my sphere of influence." What exactly is he doing? He's not in my sphere, but a few other nations are.

I'm just curious... since you decrease your infamy with a set number instead of a %.
Isn't it a lot better to always be between 0.1-8 Infamy than [cap-8] to [cap]?

You can basically play the same way but have 20 infamy less the whole time if you just take it slow in the start and not ramp up you infamy to the cap....
Or am I missing something?

I'm just curious... since you decrease your infamy with a set number instead of a %.
Isn't it a lot better to always be between 0.1-8 Infamy than [cap-8] to [cap]?

You can basically play the same way but have 20 infamy less the whole time if you just take it slow in the start and not ramp up you infamy to the cap....
Or am I missing something?

If you're mostly a large, isolationist power, there's very little effect that Infamy has from 0 up to cap - it's only when you break the cap that things start going jittery.

But that's 5 to 20 more provinces generating manpower and income.

If you're small and require diplomatic relationships to protect you, then yes, you are better staying at low Infamy until you feel self-sufficient.

1. Is there a way to determine where a country is except by looking around the map?

2. Rome was part of Italy but I noticed that Great Britain was in a war with Papal States on their side - is this possible? How would I find their province?

I have a problem with the safes.Over time they are becoming large , which is normal, but during the war and especially when there are many actions around me, the size of the safe explodes. For example: Until the war with Denmark the safe was 19 kb but after the war - 56 kb . The size of the safe loading difficult and time again that in most cases stop me to go on.

I have a problem with the safes.Over time they are becoming large , which is normal, but during the war and especially when there are many actions around me, the size of the safe explodes. For example: Until the war with Denmark the safe was 19 kb but after the war - 56 kb . The size of the safe loading difficult and time again that in most cases stop me to go on.

Don't resign from the game and then reload a save. Also, Connect may still bloat the size of saves. Finally, get the latest beta patch. It is supposed to solve this problem.

I keep getting missions to take either east or west Balkans off of the Ottomans. Is there a reference anywhere which can tell me exactly which provinces make up the east or west Balkans?