• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You can go to the military page (click on the flag, then military). Above the maintenance, you can find stars for both navies and armies. Hover with your mouse over the stars and it will give additional moral info.

Now how do I find out the discipline?

My question is not related to game mechanics per se but I hope someone has useful info for me. I have all expansions installed and for some unknown reason the save files are ballooning in size to a point where saving or loading a game takes a couple of minutes. Is this normal or a bug? Is there a workaround? I love the EU series but once the save file problem kicks in, the game becomes nearly unplayable.

This is probably a silly question, but I can't find where on earth my army/navy morale is listed or how I would go about increasing it.

Click on your army. Look at the green bar in the top right corner. Thats your morale.
To increase moral:
-Defender of faith
-military drill NI
-max maintenance slider
There are more, I forget.

look on the EU3 wiki for more.

My question is not related to game mechanics per se but I hope someone has useful info for me. I have all expansions installed and for some unknown reason the save files are ballooning in size to a point where saving or loading a game takes a couple of minutes. Is this normal or a bug? Is there a workaround? I love the EU series but once the save file problem kicks in, the game becomes nearly unplayable.

- yes, its bug
- yes, there is workaround:

A) if you dont care about achievements:
Just never reload game, always quit game to desktop, start again and then load savegame, it will keep your saves healthy 100%

B) if you do care about achievements:
1. you have to/should play offline paradox connect to keep decent speed ingame
2. BUT if you want to keep achievememtns, ALWAYS log in before SAVE, then you can log off and play on
3. still the case A) applies, dont ever reload game to keep your saves healthy, always quit.to.desktop-start.game-load.save

- yes, its bug
- yes, there is workaround:
A) if you don care about achievemnts:
Just never reload game, always quit game, start again and then load savegame, it will keep your saves healthy 100%

Note that doing this with any new game will not break achievements. In fact, never save-resign-reloading is the recommended way to play. The only way this will break achievements is if you edit the save to salvage your existing game.

Note that doing this with any new game will not break achievements. In fact, never save-resign-reloading is the recommended way to play. The only way this will break achievements is if you edit the save to salvage your existing game.

c'mon man, my English ain't THAT bad :D
so for you once again:
A) case is if you dont CARE about achievemnts, meaning, it doesnt ever concern you if you are online or offline paradox connect, capisto? :)

and you are NOT CORRECT on second count, my experience says otherwise:
there is a way to broke your achievemnets - just save game OFFLINE, then try to get achievemnets working again from that save, good luck :)

Not game mechanic orientated but, is there a guide to modding/altering events & missions & such? I've had a look on the wiki but there isn't really a 'begginers' guide. I guess i'm looking for the 'idiots guide to EU3 code' guide ;)

A) if you dont care about achievements:

I think the "dont care about achievements" solution is to remove the achievements from the game. Delete the content of the achievement.txt (or can you delete the whole file?) and you can reload as much as you want.

Do note the "think" up there though. I have only read about this but it looks pretty logical. If there are no achievemets in the game, they will not cause your saves to blow up.

I think the "dont care about achievements" solution is to remove the achievements from the game. Delete the content of the achievement.txt (or can you delete the whole file?) and you can reload as much as you want.

Do note the "think" up there though. I have only read about this but it looks pretty logical. If there are no achievemets in the game, they will not cause your saves to blow up.

not sure, maybe that would help too - though with 'dont care' solution i aimed for the simplest possible one, as i found that many people have great troubles doing even simple edits :) - but just playing offline with achievements off without actually deleting them from achievemnts.txt doesnt help savegame file growth bug, that i know for sure.

How does the bonus from "Trade Depot" work. The EU3 wiki does not explain how to add +1 to the formula. I assume (from trying to match output of equation with inputs) that this is

Trade value = ( Units * Goods price + Trade Depot ) * Modifiers

However not entirely sure because the +1 is small compared to Units * Goods Price and also not sure whether modifiers are applied afterwards or before. Either case seems that the benefit from a Trade depot is a bit low if I understand correctly (usually units ~1.5 or so, and goods price > 10 so this is less than 10% increase, especially in large provinces).

Thank you

Even though you're the Emperor, you're not a HRE member; only HRE members get this penalty for uncored imperial provinces.

I had no idea, that's awesome!

How does the bonus from "Trade Depot" work. The EU3 wiki does not explain how to add +1 to the formula. I assume (from trying to match output of equation with inputs) that this is

Trade value = ( Units * Goods price + Trade Depot ) * Modifiers

However not entirely sure because the +1 is small compared to Units * Goods Price and also not sure whether modifiers are applied afterwards or before. Either case seems that the benefit from a Trade depot is a bit low if I understand correctly (usually units ~1.5 or so, and goods price > 10 so this is less than 10% increase, especially in large provinces).

Thank you

- it only adds +1 gold value to trading value of goods in province.
It is applied after any local modifiers

Code:
	modifier = {
		trade_income = 1
	}