• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the game is so much more fun if you do not powergame... But to each his own :p

I do not agree with Canada not being worth it though. If you play a scandinavian nation especially. With quality sliders you basicky control all the fur in the world at a great prize. I never find tax so relevant for colonies as long as you control the CoT's.

Id only stick with the 'best' provinces when playing a merchant republic, anyone else id say go for it.

the game is so much more fun if you do not powergame... But to each his own :p

I do not agree with Canada not being worth it though. If you play a scandinavian nation especially. With quality sliders you basicky control all the fur in the world at a great prize. I never find tax so relevant for colonies as long as you control the CoT's.

Id only stick with the 'best' provinces when playing a merchant republic, anyone else id say go for it.
nah, it uses up colonists which you could spend better elsewhere. If it is empty by the time you have colonised SA the carribean and the spice islands. Then by all means

A country is in a personal union with me, the leading partner (though much smaller). The time has come to integrate, but they immediately give me insults whenever I get the relations higher than 180 with gifts. The diplomatic time-gap is too long to do anything about this.

Is there any way I could just assimilate them already? It's 1726, and I'd yet like to conquer.

As I do not make use of the claim throne mechanic very often, I have a question. As Bavaria you get a mission to conquer the capital of the Paltinate because of family ties. As I am at 14WE mediocre infamy and they have some powerfull guarentees and allies and you actually have dynastic ties and a mission I decided a claim could be justified :p. I chose to try and accomplish this goal by a non war claim at the throne.

As I understand it as long as they do not have a legal heir, this should create a PU upon their monarchs death. Ofc they could always get a new heir making this plan fail.

However, before making the claim their succesion status was 'a noble from house wittenbach? (both mine and their dynasty in any case) will rise to the throne. No named heir so I thought a claim would work. After making the claim however this status did not chance to 'on monarch death: a PU with Bavaria" as I had expected. Am I missing something here? Bavaria has claimed this throne is listed in their blue box of allies and thruces etc.

Could anyone shed some light on this? To make matters more complex they themselves are leading a PU with Hesse, could this perhaps be the problem. It could also just be that the status should not chance and I just need to have patience, but as I never created a PU before id like any intell I can get :p.

On the American Revolution, does the event only trigger if England/GB controls the USA? Or can it happen with any country? I'm nearing the time for the event, (As the HRE) and I'd like to know if I should start stationing more troops in America.

On the American Revolution, does the event only trigger if England/GB controls the USA? Or can it happen with any country? I'm nearing the time for the event, (As the HRE) and I'd like to know if I should start stationing more troops in America.

It happens to anyone. For example, in my current game the Thirteen Colonies are split between Russia, France, Castille, and Portugal, and the event fired for Portugal despite them having only 2 provinces in the theatre, though France had the most provinces and Russia controlled Manhattan. The USA is now Portuguese. And a OPM.

The quest for independence events will fire for a random country which has a province in the region where the cores appear, meaning that the only way to have the event fires for you 100% of the time would be to own all the provinces in the theatre. However, the rebels that the event spawns are created in any random colonial province owned by that country, leading to weird things like Brazilian Africa and so on. This is really badly done and hopefully this problem won't exist when EU4 rolls around.

If you're HRE, you should really have nothing to fear from colonial rebels, even if the American quest for independence event happens to you. The one thing you should watch out for, and this concerns only American rebels, is the "Colonial Assembly" event which has a chance to appear in American provinces with extremely high revolt risk (i.e. newly conquered, wrong culture, wrong religion provinces). It forces you to choose between a -25% reduction in all overseas tax and tariffs (never!) or causes you to eat -1 stability and gives a single province a fixed revolt risk so high that it becomes essentially ungovernable. Just avoid conquering any province with American cores once they have appeared.

Is there any easy way to move your capital?

I know you can click the button, but first it was 'this is not a core, you can not move your capital there' I wait the requisite years and now it says 'you can not move your capital while there is a heartland around it.'
I'm playing as Avingion and have decalred myself the pope and took Jerusalem, I want to make it my capital but the game is just not letting me. Is there an event I can trigger?

As I do not make use of the claim throne mechanic very often, I have a question. As Bavaria you get a mission to conquer the capital of the Paltinate because of family ties. As I am at 14WE mediocre infamy and they have some powerfull guarentees and allies and you actually have dynastic ties and a mission I decided a claim could be justified :p. I chose to try and accomplish this goal by a non war claim at the throne.

As I understand it as long as they do not have a legal heir, this should create a PU upon their monarchs death. Ofc they could always get a new heir making this plan fail.

However, before making the claim their succesion status was 'a noble from house wittenbach? (both mine and their dynasty in any case) will rise to the throne. No named heir so I thought a claim would work. After making the claim however this status did not chance to 'on monarch death: a PU with Bavaria" as I had expected. Am I missing something here? Bavaria has claimed this throne is listed in their blue box of allies and thruces etc.

Could anyone shed some light on this? To make matters more complex they themselves are leading a PU with Hesse, could this perhaps be the problem. It could also just be that the status should not chance and I just need to have patience, but as I never created a PU before id like any intell I can get :p.

The -100 relations hit may have dropped your relations below 0 which prevents the formation of a PU. This is also the case if you have negative prestige (even if higher than theirs). The tooltip should change within a month of you making the claim, but often does not immediately change.

Another option you could use is the diplo-annexation route. As long as you can get your sphere to a decent size it is quite effective. If unlawful territory is a concern you can always surrender the province(s) in question when the HRE comes calling or sell them to other claimants.

I never knew about the serfdom section for cultures to change about serfdom. That would probably explain why I have had 3 in 100 years as Denmark (I had to go to -3 to enact their 10% tax bonus decision).

I know you can click the button, but first it was 'this is not a core, you can not move your capital there' I wait the requisite years and now it says 'you can not move your capital while there is a heartland around it.'
This is because you're trying to move your capital to a different continent; Jerusalem is in Asia.

I'm playing as Avingion and have decalred myself the pope and took Jerusalem, I want to make it my capital but the game is just not letting me. Is there an event I can trigger?
There is not. You will have to either move your capital to an island within Europe, or sell all provinces adjoining your current capital.

The -100 relations hit may have dropped your relations below 0 which prevents the formation of a PU. This is also the case if you have negative prestige (even if higher than theirs). The tooltip should change within a month of you making the claim, but often does not immediately change.

Another option you could use is the diplo-annexation route. As long as you can get your sphere to a decent size it is quite effective. If unlawful territory is a concern you can always surrender the province(s) in question when the HRE comes calling or sell them to other claimants.

Thanks for the info.
It was the relations I gess, but it didnt matter, they got a new heir. Conquered them three years later anyway. I actually did get a PU with Bohemia without any interference from me at all :p. Just luck. Not that ill be able to maintain it, but it did help me to trash the current emperor Austria. If only Austria's king dies before the PU brakes ill actually be the next emperor.

From wiki

IN Only: Artillery can fight from the back row, doing half damage and lending half its defense to the unit in front of it. In doing so, you can essentially deliver more combat power and staying power in a shorter line. While artillery will never have a very powerful shock phase, the fire phase reaches a modifier of 2 at Land Tech 33, 3 at 35, 4 at 39, 5, at 52, 6 at 59, and 8 at 61 - at level 61, an artillery unit in the back row has nearly the same fire modifier as a cavalry unit in the front row!

It is same in Divine Wind or really just in IN?

From wiki

It is same in Divine Wind or really just in IN?
Any change is normally present in all later versions unless there is another note indicating it changed again.

This is because you're trying to move your capital to a different continent; Jerusalem is in Asia.

There is not. You will have to either move your capital to an island within Europe, or sell all provinces adjoining your current capital.

wow, Now its I cant move it in or out of the holy roman empire, this is getting extremly frustrating, any tips on making an event that lets me do this, so I dont have to go and tag half way around the world to fix it?