• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If your destination is a hostile territory or unit, you can run through nations you don't have MA, though you'd take a heavy amount of attrition.
This is also the cause of the famous march of HRE from Bohemia to North Africa. ;)

I'm currently holding several pieces of unlawful territitory, and I am the emperor. Will all of these penalties instantly go away if I abolish the empire? Austria is about to take over the title from me but I'm unsure how long my ruler will live. I'd be willing to gamble and just continue conquering German lands racking up unlawful territory as long as I can just abolish the empire after I lose the title, and make it all go away.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure unlawful territory goes away if the empire is abolished. Doing so is not always the easiest thing in the world though.

The unlawful_territory modifier (reduced manpower & tax, incr revolt risk) does not go away until the province cores, regardless of any other changes. You won't have that if you're the Emperor though; you may get it after you lose the title if you don't abolish the Empire quickly.
The occupied_imperial modifier (+ infamy, - prestige) might go away if the Empire is abolished.

This has probably been answered before, but,

Can a revolt result in the birth of a new Nation? Austria has an island community within my borders w/o military access. It is occupied, but will it stay that way forever or eventually become a new Nation?

If your destination is a hostile territory or unit, you can run through nations you don't have MA, though you'd take a heavy amount of attrition.

Thanks! This is news to me. I tested this out a couple of different ways and it seems to work only for provinces in the HRE. Is that true?

In answer to Dankysh's question, there is no PU between Burgundy / Brittany and Bohemia is the Emperor.

The unlawful_territory modifier (reduced manpower & tax, incr revolt risk) does not go away until the province cores, regardless of any other changes. You won't have that if you're the Emperor though; you may get it after you lose the title if you don't abolish the Empire quickly.
The occupied_imperial modifier (+ infamy, - prestige) might go away if the Empire is abolished.
This. There are two types of unlawful territory.
One is the province modifier from denying "Formal Request"(event 6007, RandomProvinceEvents.txt), which will fire on any non-core province that's still part of the HRE, if you're not an emperor, and when neither of you are at war. This can ONLY be taken off by its counter event with 24 MTTH that fires when the province is cored.
The other is the infamy increase and prestige loss for every un-cored HRE province you own, and is applied to everyone including the emperor. This one will go away as soon as a province is cored or when it's left the HRE.

Do note that if a province already has the modifier and then given to the emperor, the modifier will still stay there until it's cored by the emperor.

This has probably been answered before, but,

Can a revolt result in the birth of a new Nation? Austria has an island community within my borders w/o military access. It is occupied, but will it stay that way forever or eventually become a new Nation?

Depends on the rebel and the province. Given the correct rebel type and with 3~10 years of rebel occupation, the game will try to find a nation that fits the defection criteria and give the province to him. If no one fits the criteria, it'll create a new nation that has (or should have if Promote Cultural Unity was used) a core on that province.
You should probably read through http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Rebel for which type of rebel will defect it to you.

Thanks! This is news to me. I tested this out a couple of different ways and it seems to work only for provinces in the HRE. Is that true?

In answer to Dankysh's question, there is no PU between Burgundy / Brittany and Bohemia is the Emperor.

I stand corrected. I probably confused it with walking through my vassal, PU, or HRE member without MA/alliance.

It does, but the timescale is five years of occupation.

Thanks for confirming what I was 99% sure of, but couldn't bother to test it myself. I might as well offer peace and start a war again in 5 years ....

Thanks for the help on unlawful territory guys, I was particularly interested in the infamy/perestige modifier as going over the infamy limit is pretty much the only thing that can stop me in tis game. Should be good to go ahead now and be ready to declare on Austria once he becomes the emperor.

Hoping this is a know issue, also placing a topic in the bug reports. Playing as Norway I decided to from Scandinavia pretty late 1686. (Doing some semi-RP and with a new ruler from a different dynasty it seemed fitting). I heard this can sometimes lead to problems and you have to safe and reload for a proper tag chance? (not sure what that means, but I did it. In any case all seemed to have gone smoothly untill I checked the province modifiers. I have lost all road networks, all land reforms, all canals, everything everywere. Every province modifier created by magistrates is gone.

I can not fix these as the national focus can't cover the entire empire anymore before the end of the game so I am kinda boned o.o. Is there a way to fix this bug or is there a way to recreate all modifiers via the console. My magistrate generation has plummeted aswell because of lack of roads and post offices.

In addition the checksum changed from the stable BVJU to CVJU and DVJU and so on with changes in the first letter on every resign and reload I tried since this started. Restarting the game entirly returned the cheksum to BVJU so perhaps this always works like this but I just never reload.

Playing HttT 4.1b

Hoping this is a know issue, also placing a topic in the bug reports. Playing as Norway I decided to from Scandinavia pretty late 1686. (Doing some semi-RP and with a new ruler from a different dynasty it seemed fitting). I heard this can sometimes lead to problems and you have to safe and reload for a proper tag chance? (not sure what that means, but I did it. In any case all seemed to have gone smoothly untill I checked the province modifiers. I have lost all road networks, all land reforms, all canals, everything everywere. Every province modifier created by magistrates is gone.

I can not fix these as the national focus can't cover the entire empire anymore before the end of the game so I am kinda boned o.o. Is there a way to fix this bug or is there a way to recreate all modifiers via the console. My magistrate generation has plummeted aswell because of lack of roads and post offices.

In addition the checksum changed from the stable BVJU to CVJU and DVJU and so on with changes in the first letter on every resign and reload I tried since this started. Restarting the game entirly returned the cheksum to BVJU so perhaps this always works like this but I just never reload.

Playing HttT 4.1b

All that I can suggest is reload the latest autosave game.

I have lost all road networks, all land reforms, all canals, everything everywere. Every province modifier created by magistrates is gone.
Known bug in the final 4.1 patch (which was not in the last beta and is one of the reasons I recommend the beta over the final).
Link to last HttT beta patch
This is normal. It does this to force people who get disconnected from a MP game to exit completely before trying to rejoin.

Which buildings affect production income in Gold provinces, if any? Does it matter if the province is overseas?

Which buildings affect production income in Gold provinces, if any? Does it matter if the province is overseas?
Since gold is not really "production" at all it has 0 production income so anything that gives +x% will have no effect. Anything that adds a specific amount like a trade depot or road network will add to the value contributed to a CoT and the production value.

Don't know if this is the right place but:
- Why isn't it launching the launcher when I hit 'play' on Steam? It's just going straight to the game.

Steam directly uses the game start exe instead of the launcher. To use the launcher (and I assume mods?) go to the EU3 folder. It'll be in program files then steam then steamapps and it'll be around there.

Just recently got this game after spending over 100 hours on crusader kings 2, but Im having a really rough start! It seems like no matter what I do my economy is at best, breaking even, or sometimes going into bankruptcy, I read around a bit and have been sending out my merchants to CoT's which helps a little, but I always seem to to have am empty treasury which makes it very hard to hire troops or build ships! What are some basic/starter money making tips?

Just recently got this game after spending over 100 hours on crusader kings 2, but Im having a really rough start! It seems like no matter what I do my economy is at best, breaking even, or sometimes going into bankruptcy, I read around a bit and have been sending out my merchants to CoT's which helps a little, but I always seem to to have am empty treasury which makes it very hard to hire troops or build ships! What are some basic/starter money making tips?

Which country are you playing? Some countries start poor and some rich

With most countries, it is better to concentrate on taxes in the early decades and possibly send merchants to a domestic CoT, if there is one. Sending merchants abroad very often is an unprofitable business, because they are kicked out again (or even fail) before they have earned their sending cost.