• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
if you are gonna cheat anyway you can just remove the excom and set papal relations to 200.

If you want to juast use game mechanics, make your king a general. Have him be in sieges and if no sieges with attrition are availeble, zones with high attrition period. Siberian winters or high mountain passes are very though on rulers I hear.

It doesn't look like this thread gets used much anymore, but I thought I'd try anyway, as I hope this is a quick and easy answer for someone who knows.

I've just started my very first game of EU3 (after the tutorial), and my first mission is to liberate Normandy (Normandie?). So, I built a Cog and got 1 regiment aboard. But, now I can't unload my regiment from the Cog into Normandy. When I select my Cog, then the regiment from the upper-right corner of the fleet window, then right click on Normandy (while I'm in the ocean next to it), the regiment doesn't unload. I do see a small yellow X on the land of Normandy when I do this, so I assume this means that unloading there is not possible. If this is true, I'd just like to know why its not possible, and how am I supposed to get Normandy back if I can't land any troops there.

I don't know if anyone will see this, but if you know the answer, it would be very much appreciated.

It doesn't look like this thread gets used much anymore, but I thought I'd try anyway, as I hope this is a quick and easy answer for someone who knows.

I've just started my very first game of EU3 (after the tutorial), and my first mission is to liberate Normandy (Normandie?). So, I built a Cog and got 1 regiment aboard. But, now I can't unload my regiment from the Cog into Normandy. When I select my Cog, then the regiment from the upper-right corner of the fleet window, then right click on Normandy (while I'm in the ocean next to it), the regiment doesn't unload. I do see a small yellow X on the land of Normandy when I do this, so I assume this means that unloading there is not possible. If this is true, I'd just like to know why its not possible, and how am I supposed to get Normandy back if I can't land any troops there.

I don't know if anyone will see this, but if you know the answer, it would be very much appreciated.
Are you at war with the owner of Normandy?

You must declare war, its the uppermost action in the diplomatic menu. pick a casus belli if you have one and voila you can now disembark. That said you can check in the ledger how much forces france has... and france has allies... and vassals... so if they are not already being stomped in a war by someone else it be surpised if your army outlives the month. If you cant bring an army 20 times that size or bring allies and or kick em when they are already down: you will lose this war with 100% certainty

Ok, thanks very much! It makes sense that I needed to declare war first. I just tried it and won my first battle, but immediately lost the 2nd. So, I'll be trying a different strategy, but now I understand. Thanks again!

Some HRE questions:

Can you rejoin the Empire after leaving it, for instance by moving your capital to HRE territory?

Does the emperor get the Infamy penalty for unlawful imperial territory? What if he has left the Empire before becoming Emperor?

Some HRE questions:

Can you rejoin the Empire after leaving it, for instance by moving your capital to HRE territory?

Does the emperor get the Infamy penalty for unlawful imperial territory? What if he has left the Empire before becoming Emperor?

1. I think you can rejoin the Empire. Never done it myself, but I see no reason why not. Then again, why would you leave and then join in again?
2. Yes, the HR Emperor does get the penalty. No, if the Emperor is not a member of the HRE, he does not get the penalty.

Last edited:
Then again, why would you leave and then join in again?
The Emperor doesn't benefit from Imperial Integrity but does suffer the penalty for having unlawful territory. I want to grab some HRE provinces (COTs, universities) without suffering the penalty. After i'm done i would like the option to rejoin (for the prestige/infamy reduction bonus). It's 1632 already in my game and with the Hordes gone i doubt i can ever form the HRE.

The Emperor doesn't benefit from Imperial Integrity but does suffer the penalty for having unlawful territory. I want to grab some HRE provinces (COTs, universities) without suffering the penalty. After i'm done i would like the option to rejoin (for the prestige/infamy reduction bonus). It's 1632 already in my game and with the Hordes gone i doubt i can ever form the HRE.

Which country are you? If you leave the HRE, the emperor will declare war on you if you attack another HRE member (HRE members can fight each other without provoking the emperor). Can you handle that?

Doesn't that depend on if you have a CB? I'm the Kingdom of the Netherlands and while Lucky Austria has a far larger army, i can deal with them easily (my income is over 15 times higher for one thing).

No, it doesn't. The Emperor will declare war on non-HRE members who declare war on HRE members regardless of having a CB or not. And you may very well be in a position to deal with Austria but who are they allied to? And to whom are Austria's allies allied to?

No, it doesn't. The Emperor will declare war on non-HRE members who declare war on HRE members regardless of having a CB or not. And you may very well be in a position to deal with Austria but who are they allied to? And to whom are Austria's allies allied to?

To be fair I really doubt somebody would take over from Austria as they are rather strong. I am assuming Austria is emperor, as the emperor 99% takes over war leader. For somebody to take over War Leader from Austria (assuming they are the emperor) they would have to be crazy strong.

And you may very well be in a position to deal with Austria but who are they allied to? And to whom are Austria's allies allied to?
Austria has 6 provinces and makes 700 a year. I have 220 provinces and make 14.800 a year. He's running a deficit maintaining his 110K military, while i could easily sustain an army at max force limits (478). I also have half a dozen 6-star generals and am at land tech 29 to his 25.

Vu9Db.jpg

It's really not an issue.

Hello everyone! After you've conquered France and Burgundy as England and hold all provinces in modern day France, sould you move your national focus to Paris for 25 years or so?? Or should I just keep it in London? Thanks! :)

Hello everyone! After you've conquered France and Burgundy as England and hold all provinces in modern day France, sould you move your national focus to Paris for 25 years or so?? Or should I just keep it in London? Thanks! :)

Completely up toy you. I assume London is still your capital? Do you have a CoT in or next to London? And is it bigger than any CoT on mainland Europe? Have a look at the provinces around London and Paris, which has a greater amount of tax? Manpower? etc.