• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What buildings are the best to build for maximum profit? I usally build production buildings and then trade ones, is this a good idea or do government buildings also add money?

Town hall does, and churches help you get the tax bonus from max stability quicker, but apart from that not really. The dock is also an important income building.

Lvl 5 and 6 trade buildings are the best in the game to improve your income. +trade is hard to ignore. Manufactures, especially Universities, are also extremely good. +60 to relevant research amasses to huge pile over a century or two, and other bonuses apply as well.

In general, lvl 1 buildings provide good bonuses. Armories can be avoided if aggressive neighbors aren't an issue. Workshops pay back quite quick as well.

I have +200 relations with the electors, but they still aren't voting for me. What are some actions that I can do to persuade them?

Lower your infamy, be a large realm in the HRE, become their lieges or marriage partners and share their religion.

It should be the bottom most diplomatic option, just below Loan Offer and War Subsides. Note that it can only be used when neither of you are at war. (wtb selling multiple provinces option btw)

First, click on the territory of the nation you want to sell the province to. Then, in the menu with the diplomatic options (near the lower left portion of the UI), it's at the very bottom of it (there's a little arrow, you need to scroll down).

Thanks very much.

Do naval blockades effect a nations ability to reenforce? I'm playing as Great Britain... I have a small French army trapped in Greenland and despite massively outnumbering them and having the island surrounded, they're still kicking my ass. :sad:

I am a bit confused by westernization. I am playing Japan and Great Britain took a chunk of Madurai so I got a province besides Britain's new territory.

Shouldn't the option for westernization appear already? Or does it appear only when all criteria are met? Do I have to have good relations with Britain? My ruler is 7/6/6.

I use In Nomine.

Do naval blockades effect a nations ability to reenforce? I'm playing as Great Britain... I have a small French army trapped in Greenland and despite massively outnumbering them and having the island surrounded, they're still kicking my ass. :sad:

Not really. It sounds to me like you've lowered your military spending. Check it on the military tab (the one you get from clicking your shield icon then the helmet icon inside that. lowering army budget kills both moral and reinforcement rate)

How do you edit the leader of your country's stats?

Open up the save file with an editor like Notepad or Notepad++, search for your ruler and change his ADM, DIP and MIL stat. You can do the same for your heir. You are not limited to values between 3 and 9. You can give him 1 or 100

I am a bit confused by westernization. I am playing Japan and Great Britain took a chunk of Madurai so I got a province besides Britain's new territory.

Shouldn't the option for westernization appear already? Or does it appear only when all criteria are met? Do I have to have good relations with Britain? My ruler is 7/6/6.

I use In Nomine.
If Britain is a neighbor you should be able to see the decision. You won't be able to actually use it unless you meet the slider, stability, and ruler ADM stat requirements. What decisions do you see in your country decision screen?

If Britain is a neighbor you should be able to see the decision. You won't be able to actually use it unless you meet the slider, stability, and ruler ADM stat requirements. What decisions do you see in your country decision screen?

Yeah, the decision should be visible even before Britain was adjacent to you - you just won't be able to take it.

Yeah, the decision should be visible even before Britain was adjacent to you - you just won't be able to take it.

The interesting thing is that the option is now visible, apparently I had to leave and enter the game for it to appear.

It did not appear during my game anyway before getting my new neighbour.

PS. France came in TOW too and they have 250k troops in Europe. Should I be worried?

No, the neighbor trigger is in the 'potential' section so it won't be visible without a western/latin neighbor (in In Nomine).

My guess would be you hadn't reloaded the game since Great Britain was formed. You should always save & reload ASAP after a tag-change even if it's not you changing.

Hmm.. never quite got an answer to my question; does anyone know if there's some way to get a f12-map-save with a religious overlay, in stead of the diplomatic one?
I'm sure I've seen SoI-overlays in some 'post your empire'.. Can this be done with religion, in HttT?

Thanks