• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It seems really incorrect to me... I'm the Emperor so?
Nothing it is "unlawful" for me! I'm the source of the law...
If the king does not respect the law, the king is not worthy of respect.

If the king does not respect the law, the king is not worthy of respect.
That is the more "enlightened" view but not the only one. Certainly in EU3 times many would disagree. (Same argument exists in religion as well.)

How do you install the latest 5.2 beta patch?
You download the archive from the sticky at the top of the 5.2 beta subforum and unpack it on top of a copy of your 5.1 installation.

So yesterday in a outrageous time in the future (2182 :p ?) I've finally taken the decision "Renovatio Imperii Romanorum" and a majoroty of the HRE had voted "AVE CEASAR" (well I've given them so much "Imperial Grace" and daughters in spouse than in the end there was 4 differents Serlupi's house ruling in Europe), so all the Europe is white now and a Yellow Eagle is my flag now :p

Now the question my King Napoleone I Serlupi has gained the Emperial crown of the Romans, right?
Well why is only a King and not an Emperor?

The Holy Roman Empire should be... an Empire, not a simple monarchy!

My last released vassal before enact the reform were Milan (that taken Piemont and Pisa, they haven't any core in Lombardia anymore) and notably The Papal State (Modena, Ferrara and Romagna) that I'm pretty sure not existed anymore for at least 500 years...

I'm pretty sure of this: thanks to the "Bestow Emperial Grace" thing I've seen all HRE states there was some theocracies, but in noone there was a Pope as Head of State, but only a archbishops...

It's normal? Maybe the difference was that Urbino taken Rome and not me? But it was me that annexed the remnant (and then Urbino obviusly to take Rome)...

Now after the last reform I've noted that my Vassal Mainz (rebelled to the "Revoke Previlegia" and vassallizzed after, but never joined the HRE) is the Papal State now... so it seems now this the correct behavior...

I had the "Rome restitution" event too (I've said NAIN! Rome is the capital of the Holy Roman Empire).

I'm thinking to leave the Papacy as my Vassal, but I don't like their position they are antithetic in the middle of the Empire :rolleyes: ...

I could re-create Liegi as a Teocracy (I suppose I've to edit the save game) and annex Mainz... the Papacy should move here then, right?
Or as I'm editing the save I can give them some more worthless land... the important is that it in the borders better coastal border :happy:

how the FRICK can Denmark keep going to war with me for 'the reconquest of osel' if they do not have any cores, any shared nationality, or anything else on the province?
have they got a mission on it? You need to scroll down on the relations thing when you click on one of their provinces to find out.

No their mission is 'danish trade' they have been trying to reconquer this province for YEARS, starting almost immediately and I instantly forced revoke of core on them when I beat them the first time

this is a known problem. 5.2 (hopefully) fixes the previous glitch when cancelled/abandoned missions didn't properly remove the CBs attached to them in AI controlled countries.

Now the question my King Napoleone I Serlupi has gained the Emperial crown of the Romans, right?
Well why is only a King and not an Emperor?

The Holy Roman Empire should be... an Empire, not a simple monarchy!
Then take the Imperial Administration decision. Ruler titles are based on government type + culture + religion + sex + vassal status.

anyone wanna help me register my game via crappy ol' deliver2mac so i can access DW5.2?

or, barring that, fill me in as to the changes in 5.2 so i can just dream until EU4 comes out?

Then take the Imperial Administration decision. Ruler titles are based on government type + culture + religion + sex + vassal status.

Well but I tough that reclaiming the Imperial crown make automatically the nation an Empire, it seemed obvious as the state name is "Holy Roman Empire".
It is not possible when you change nation TAG to change government type, too?

So to get the "Adopt Imperial Administration" I've to change first in Despotic Monarchy, right? I cannot take that decision from Absolute Monarchy....

Well in the end Empire seems strangely enough a poor government form (It haven't the Imperialism Casus Belli, too! It's a Empire it's Imperialist by definition), Absolute Monarchy seems better to me... I'm right?

Well but I tough that reclaiming the Imperial crown make automatically the nation an Empire, it seemed obvious as the state name is "Holy Roman Empire".
It is not possible when you change nation TAG to change government type, too?

So to get the "Adopt Imperial Administration" I've to change first in Despotic Monarchy, right? I cannot take that decision from Absolute Monarchy....

Well in the end Empire seems strangely enough a poor government form (It haven't the Imperialism Casus Belli, too! It's a Empire it's Imperialist by definition), Absolute Monarchy seems better to me... I'm right?

It's possible to change forms of government by decision, but I think this was not intended in this case. Not all players that want to form the empire might want the "empire" form of government, after all. As for empire's merits, it can be quite good in the early game, because it gives you the "Holy War" casus belli on all infidels, not just ones you border. (Note that "imperialism" in the sense of the casus belli is not quite the same thing as just being an empire, it's a concept that hasn't entirely been developed at the start of the game yet. Game balance also plays a role.) It gets less relevant later in the game, so you kind of have to decide whether you prefer the "emperor" title or a more practical government.

How do you determine where the best place to stick a CoT is?

In a situation were there is no trade leagues to complicate matters:

Look what other CoTs are close, which CoT a province trades trough is decided on proximity modified for mercentalistic sliders. A full free trader province will trade trough the closest CoT nearby while a full mercantile nation province will travel almost halfway across the globe to find a home CoT. then its a simple matter of looking for the spot were you will gather the most provinces. Coastal location is preferable. If you don't have to worry about being locked in betwee two CoT's get it as close to the existing CoT as possible while keeping most of the provinces previously trading trough it at your back. If you are locked in, its get harder to snoop off alot of provinces.

Ofcourse trade league's can mess this up. In the interest of 'free trade' (your own wallet) it can be a defendable choise to annex trade league nations or take over their provinces and destroy their CoT's to create a more 'level playingfield' :p. When the CoT is in thier capital this will take some work though.

In a situation were there is no trade leagues to complicate matters:

Look what other CoTs are close, which CoT a province trades trough is decided on proximity modified for mercentalistic sliders. A full free trader province will trade trough the closest CoT nearby while a full mercantile nation province will travel almost halfway across the globe to find a home CoT. then its a simple matter of looking for the spot were you will gather the most provinces. Coastal location is preferable. If you don't have to worry about being locked in betwee two CoT's get it as close to the existing CoT as possible while keeping most of the provinces previously trading trough it at your back. If you are locked in, its get harder to snoop off alot of provinces.

Ofcourse trade league's can mess this up. In the interest of 'free trade' (your own wallet) it can be a defendable choise to annex trade league nations or take over their provinces and destroy their CoT's to create a more 'level playingfield' :p. When the CoT is in thier capital this will take some work though.

In my game I'm playing as an Asian minor using the DaT mod. There are only three CoT's in range and that is one in Kyoto and a Chinese one. The Chinese one is the one that interests me as its value is over 1200. Would a center of trade on the Ryukyu islands be a good position? I just imagine because of its position it could be valuable. I can upload pic if it helps?