• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then wat kind of of info do you need? :p
What state are the large imperial blobs (Bohemia, Austria, Bavaria, Burgundy, etc.) in? Has the reformation hit yet? If it has, what state has it left the empire's religious unity in?

I am not a HRE member so i was under the impression I could not be elected, clearly that was wrong. Can any (christian) nation become HRE?
Any nation that has Christian state religion, monarchic government, and a male ruler, and is not a vassal or the junior member of a personal union. There is a significant voting penalty for non-members, of course.

What state are the large imperial blobs (Bohemia, Austria, Bavaria, Burgundy, etc.) in? Has the reformation hit yet? If it has, what state has it left the empire's religious unity in?

Any nation that has Christian state religion, monarchic government, and a male ruler, and is not a vassal or the junior member of a personal union. There is a significant voting penalty for non-members, of course.

playing IN btw, its 1705
Bohemia is large (bordering france all the wat to the baltic) but seems to have left the empire, Burgundy does not exist, Austria is a 4 province nation cut in half by styria, milan is 4-5 province nation with two colonies. I am roman catholic.

electors: corsica, bavaria, hamburg, saxony, austra, cleves, magdeburg.

Hamburg and cleves voted for me, both are nations that freed themselves from mecklenburg when I forced the release of two other nations to divide meck so that rebel stacks could work their magic.

Is colonial ventures a good NI for Japan? I just unified the country in 1533, my infamy is far too high, and I don't see any other obvious opportunities for expansion at the moment, so I thought that it might be a good idea to colonize the Pacific. But first I need colonists, and I'm not sure if there is another way to get them.
I think you need NI: Quest for the New World to get colonists.

I think you need NI: Quest for the New World to get colonists.
QftNW gets you the ability to buy Explorers and Conquistadors, and +50% colonial range. It doesn't (in the unmodded game) get you any colonists. Colonial Ventures gets you +1 colonist/year.

I did end up picking colonial ventures (coastal CoTs were mentioned earlier, but those were too impractical for large-scale colonizing), and it's worked out well. I've already settled Taiwan and northeast Asia. The most beneficial aspect of colonial ventures is that I have no competition. The other Asian countries lack colonists, and it'll be awhile before the other European powers start colonizing the Pacific.

I have one more question: what is the best way to westernize as Japan? Would it count if I shared a border with Novgorod? Because they've almost reached eastern Asia. The only other option I can think of is selling a province to a European power, but that does not seem very appealing to me even if I could do it, since I don't want to give up land and it feels too much like I'm exploiting the mechanics of the game. The tech disparity is too large to attempt to reach the Americas and westernize that way, and I don't want to wait for the Europeans to show up in the Pacific; my heir has an admin skin of 8, and I'd like to westernize soon with him.

I'm joining the HRE thing a little late (it's 1946 in my game :p), I've defeated the evil Bohemia in an epich battle taken my rightful lands (one colony defeated to me voluntary... they hated Bohemia too much) and forced her to revoke the last reform so the Empire is not Hereditary anymore...

So it's no time anymore to be a Republican Dictatorship; my Lord Protector taken the Iron Crown and become "King of Italy", (Absolute Monarchy, obviously) and:

1. Avignon is an elector and my vassal so it votes for me!
  2. Rome joins the Empire, now Italy is part of the Empire... in the end now it is "Roman", it remains neither Holy or Empire for now... (I had to give a lot of money to decadent Bohemia to have good relations.... I hated to have to do this :mad:)
  3. Archeen (?) brided with a lot of moneys and a Royal Marriage they will vote for Italy (the liked Boehmia, now no more)
  4. Koln (?) brided, too, they will vote for me, too...
  5. Royal Marriage and good Relations with Austria... but they liked to vote for them themselves... ohhh well!
  6. Someone liked to vote for Finland (?): OK they don't vote for real...
  7. Saxony and someone-else-that-not-remember vote the Satanic Bohemia

I'm safe to be elected the new Holy Roman Emperor (3 vs 2)? Maybe I can convince that fool elector to vote me instead of the Finland King so I have 4...

I've to wait Bohemian Emperor to die... I suppose... is there not a Spy action to kill him, right :p?

Some strange questions now:

1. Suppose I was in good relations whit Bohemia and I had a royal marriage and I was so lucky to heredity that Kingdom... I gain the Hereditary HRE Emperor title, too? Or HRE returned to be an elective monarchy?
  2. A mad Emperor united all HRE restaurating the Roman Empire... then he likes to change government in a Republic? It's possible? The nation remains "Holy Roman Empire"? It will become Germany? An exotic "Holy Roman Republic"? I don't know why someone have to choose to lose the Imperial title... oh well suppose a revolution, for example!

Considering the power of scorch the earth, does the AI ever use it? Just had 66k of french horses standing around a lvl 4 fort in pirino, they dwindled to 30k before they retreated. Atrition is a ver powerfull weapon.

Something I experienced first hand sadly as I did not pay attention to WE while playing with egypt and persia in the desert. Been chasing rebel stacks all day (such a chore in a large empire), was at 12%+ WE

I have posted this in the tech support but perhaps its a known easily resolved issue.

My game was going fine. This morning I played from 1707 to may 1717 with the UK. Busy game, lots of wars and revolts but no problems. In peace mostly playing at 4 speed.

Now I reload this evening and every time I move past speed 3, the game crashess to desktop as soon as I move the camera. Did this 8 times. Reloaded the autosave of 1 januari and now it crashed there aswell. I had no problems playing on from that point this morning. Starting a new game is possible without issues as is a start date beyond 1717.

-anyone has any clue if this is now a corrupt and thus lost game or is there something I can do?
-anyone has any idea what caused this?

Edit: Its kind of annoying because I wanted to finish this game and then buy HttT for my next game as I liked it but now I can't finish this game if I do that and I can't start over in the way that I want :S. Any clearity IF this can be fixed would be nice :)

Last edited:
Is Africa really useless? I'm playing as Great Britain and have colonised the east African Coast. From Cape up to Judea as well as expanding westwards into Tripoli. This was a region that was historically colonised by GB and contains gold and slaves, which I thought were pretty good. But I have read in some places that they are not so good? I already have North America under my belt (Not fully colonised but I've taken all the coastal regions which means I will own all of NA sooner or later) as well as South India (I am in the process of colonising the rest of India)

So yeah, tldr, is Africa really that bad?

So yeah, tldr, is Africa really that bad?
Most of it's horrible. There are some good parts; you've got most of them (and some of the utter crap as well, I'm afraid).

Spend your Infamy in India and your colonists in America.

I have a rich CoT and nearly all of the north american provinces are connected to it. Is it better to have more than 1 CoT's in a large region or should I leave it alone? I created a new one but values are changing day to day so I couldn't really understand which way is better or does it make any differences at all:unsure:

I have a rich CoT and nearly all of the north american provinces are connected to it. Is it better to have more than 1 CoT's in a large region or should I leave it alone? I created a new one but values are changing day to day so I couldn't really understand which way is better or does it make any differences at all:unsure:
In general, I would not recommend splitting an existing large CoT unless you have some pressing reason to do so (which in the situation you describe, you almost certainly don't.)

How many alliance slots are available per nation and do vassals count against those slots?
Three. Vassals don't count.

Does anyone ever visit the tech support section, to help some people and be helpful? Or are there ''employees'' for that?
Both things happen.

hi:

Not sure where to post it so sorry if not the right thread.

I have all the HOI2, EU, EU2 and EU3 games and love all. Recently i got Divine Wind add-on to DW Heir to the throne and can't get it to work. I get the page that allows to search for patches and register. I did register and got the 5.1 patch , installed it but cant get the game to start. no errors no nothing. I went throguh patching and installing of add-ons in the prior games and never had any issues. What am I missing?

Please help

thanks

J

QftNW gets you the ability to buy Explorers and Conquistadors, and +50% colonial range. It doesn't (in the unmodded game) get you any colonists. Colonial Ventures gets you +1 colonist/year.
Thanks for the correction.

Question: Once I get the NI that allows viceroys, how do I get them in the game or is it automatic?

Grommile thanks for reply. If I have an alliance with my vassals I assume it counts against the limit?
Er no, I just said it didn't :) This is easy to test: start a game as France and ask someone for an alliance.