• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gained (or lost) Prestige, Tradition (naval or land, depending on the battle) and War Exhaustion.

Defender of the Faith is on religion tab of the top left menu. Next to the religious events there is a button that you click to become defender of the faith.

Well on the religious tab to the right of the "events" I see the shield of Burgundy which is the current defender of the faith.
On mouseover it tells me they will retain the title until they lose/white peace in a war or until a country with more prestige claims the title.

I have more prestige (100 vs 40) but I still don't see any big button I can press to claim DotF.
How much does it cost to be Defender of the Faith in DW? Is there some other restriction I'm not seeing?

I think that in DW the DotF cost varies based on something, but idk what varies it. I've seen it range from a few hundred to a few thousand. It just cost 539 as Brandenburg to claim the title. If Burgundy is the DotF currently, hover over their shield in the religion screen and it will tell you how much it will cost to gain the title. Also, you simply click on their shield to gain the title if eligible.

Burgundy must have claimed the DofT recently. You have to wait two years or have the above happen in order to be able to claim the DotF.

what else should I do to edit start date and end date than changing the corresponidng number on define.txt?

I just changed them and the game was messed up. 1309 start and Europe were at tech 4 and it says the tech is 200 years ahead or something.

Or is there a limit I can change the date safely without messing anything up? thanks.

if you want to change the limit 'safely' I would go forward only. Every tech level has an average year that nations will reach it, if you extend the date backwards without changing tech, you'll get 'this tech is x years ahead of its time' penalties. For example, in MEIOU, the date is extended backwards to 1356, and the dates on the tech levels are changed.

Remember, though, if you extend your date forward and don't add new tech levels (they don't need to do anything, just add them) your game will crash when you run out of tech to research.

Playing HTT 4.1b.
First I played with France and every colony took 18 days to send a colonist to. Now I'm playing with Muscovy and every oversea colony takes only 23 days to get to, yet the colonies in Siberia take me 100+ days to get a colonist too.

Why is sending a colonist to an oversea colony so fast? Did I cause that with an option before I started the game?

Playing HTT 4.1b.
First I played with France and every colony took 18 days to send a colonist to. Now I'm playing with Muscovy and every oversea colony takes only 23 days to get to, yet the colonies in Siberia take me 100+ days to get a colonist too.

Why is sending a colonist to an oversea colony so fast? Did I cause that with an option before I started the game?

Clear your map cache.

I am slowly understanding the whole PU concepts. I understand that i can click the "Claim Throne" button on some countries i have RM's with, and they have some legitimacy issues. This gives me a CB, something i haven't actually used yet. If i use the CB on that country and "win" the war...that doesn't force the PU at that point? I would still have to wait for leaders to die and a touch of luck?
Thanks again!

If you use that casus belli, or the "Restoration Of Union" one after a PU breaks, then an extra option appears in the peace negotation menu allowing you to force a personal union without having to wait for their monarch to die.

A few things for clarification...

1. SOI: At which prestige do your SOI nations break out free?(without other nations taking them) What is the exact cutline? -100? It was not negative, though. Ming went under 0 prestige and Ryuku was still Ming's SOI.

2. On which condition can a nation take SOI-minor from another nation? When playing Unified Japan I sometimes find Ryukyu under Mings SOI, but I can take it over despite Ming having high prestige. (sometimes not avalable) So I thought it's the matter of how long a nation had been under your SOI(for example a nation under the same SOI for 20 years will be avaliable to other nations as a subject of SOI), but It doesn't seem to be accurate either.

3. Rebel regiment size change. How do I do this ?_?

Thank you.

Hey all, I'm in a game currently where I'm an absolute monster-blob as Prussia. I'm right on Russia's borders, and Russia is significantly smaller, weaker, and poorer. Yet oddly enough, they declared on me. Even with 55,000 troops on their borders, an alliance with Spain and Byzantine (who are also huge in my game) -- they declared. Even at the very beginning they had 15% capacity and 6.5 exhaustion.

Is Russia trying to commit suicide, or what? I've never seen the AI do this.