• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Forcing another nation to release nations generally results in the new nation having the religion of the capital province. In general their government form will be similar to yours (republic/monarchy) but will be the most advanced their tech level allows. There are some exceptions though. In my experience forcing the release of nations is usually not worth the opportunity cost unless the foe is from the same religious group as you are likely to get saddled with a wrong religion, weak, ally that ties up one of your few alliance slots.

Yes now I know, but did not think releasing Byzantium to have a Muslim nation!

Ahh after some time they broke your alliance anyway, very ungrateful!

In the end you can release a nation only to make weak the adversary and then annex the released nation, I've done it with Crimea and worked very well.
I don't think I've the power to annex my fake Byzantium: it's a sacrilege :eek:

In the end now I've level 30 and gained the "Nationalism Casus Belli", I've created a strange "Urbino" in Rome and Urbino (forcing Pope to release Rome has no price) and annexed Venice...

A strange thing Modena taken Romagna but it wants that for itself, but it's my vassal!
My other vassal take land for me, how Modena can do this?
(Not a big problem in the end I could diplo-annex Modena with Romagna after!)

I do suppose I've to diplo-annex soon this unloyal vassal in the end :mad:

Another question I've 196 relation with an Indian vassal state and the game says I've good chance to diplo-annex that, but if I try it's grayed out it says "not of your religious group", so how I can annex them?

A strange thing Modena taken Romagna but it wants that for itself, but it's my vassal!
My other vassal take land for me, how Modena can do this?
(Not a big problem in the end I could diplo-annex Modena with Romagna after!)

Another question I've 196 relation with an Indian vassal state and the game says I've good chance to diplo-annex that, but if I try it's grayed out it says "not of your religious group", so how I can annex them?

1) A vassal that controls the siege of a province it has a core on will claim the province for themself, if they don't have a core they claim it for you. Junior PU partners behave somewhat similarly except they will also claim any province that doesn't border a province you own/control for themself.

2) Release and crush them, there is no other way to annex a nation with a different religious group than yours.

So I've learned one other thing, I tough vassals was dead in extern politic, well it's not the case: if they have a core they could reclaim land.

Sad to have to crush a loyal vassal, I suppose not to have a valid casus belli too and if I have one (sometime it gives me "border friction") I'd "good relations" and a so -1 stability...

I so suppose they leave them alone for now, then...

So I've learned one other thing, I tough vassals was dead in extern politic, well it's not the case: if they have a core they could reclaim land.

Sad to have to crush a loyal vassal, I suppose not to have a valid casus belli too and if I have one (sometime it gives me "border friction") I'd "good relations" and a so -1 stability...

I so suppose they leave them alone for now, then...

Well the good relations are easily remedied. Cancelling the vassal will worsen relations, if that is not enough just sent an insult. Only after the score is down you do a DoW. Perhaps they will declare war on you, otherwise you can always use a spy to forge claims or guarantee someone you think they will attack.

What are the effects of a province having a different religion than your nation? Can't seem to find that info anywhere, or what the benefit of sending a missionary is...

In general, lower tolerance results in lower taxes, higher stability costs, lower population growth, and higher revolt risk (which lowers taxes further). Having a significant number of wrong religion provinces can trigger some negative events and you are subject to attack from religious rebels. It is possible to get rid of the intolerance effects through a proper selection of NIs and government but the negative events and rebel possibilities will be there as long as a province follows the wrong religion. Sending a missionary will, in most cases, give a chance each day for the province to change religions to your national religion.

Is a CoT in your country benifiticial even if you dont intend to trade in it yourself? such as poor out of the way CoT for the bonus in merchants to trade in better CoTs?

or is there any economic benifits?

Last edited:
Is a CoT in your country benifiticial even if you dont intend to trade in it yourself? such as poor out of the way CoT for the bonus in merchants to trade in better CoTs?

or is there any economic benifits?

A CoT increases the province's tax income by (2 + 2xCoTLevel) ducats. The CoT level is its value by 100 (truncated to whole numbers).

Hi all. When you vassal a state, his label will fade from the map. Is there a way to let that label don't fade? What i must to edit for let his name show on the map?

Thanks.

Hi all. When you vassal a state, his label will fade from the map. Is there a way to let that label don't fade? What i must to edit for let his name show on the map?

Thanks.

I'm fairly sure that behavior is hard-coded as your name is repositioned to reflect that you control that area when you border your vassals.

What's actually more important, navy or land? (let's say, I am playing as France. Or Spain, and I want to create Spanish-French-Italian union. But colony's!

I meanted to balance money for morales.

I meanted to balance money for morales.

In nearly all cases you will spend a lot more for your army than for your navy. The only possible exception is the case where a predominantly land nation with relatively few ports is forced to build a navy to deal with England/GB or something similar so you are building carracks far in excess of your force limit.

Is there any downside to maintaining an unsustainable CoT? Yes it might collapse some time, but does it have any drawbacks to outweigh the tax and growth bonuses that make it smarter to destroy it then to to keep it and just wait and see what happens?

On another note. It it possible to take over a capital without a quest and or taking out every other province the nation owns? I basicly destroyed all of Castille's forces in Spain. But they still had alot of colonies and African holdings. When I made peace I could not demand Toledo (which is their capital, somehow France owned Madrid, that is thecastille start capitol right?) My warscore was 80 when I made peace.
I

When got a PU by force and the PU-target is attacked while being taken over how do I get the leadership of the war after ended the PU war? I cant seem to figure out how do that other than the alliance casus belli I get from the alliance with the PU?

Is there any downside to maintaining an unsustainable CoT? Yes it might collapse some time, but does it have any drawbacks to outweigh the tax and growth bonuses that make it smarter to destroy it then to to keep it and just wait and see what happens?

On another note. It it possible to take over a capital without a quest and or taking out every other province the nation owns? I basicly destroyed all of Castille's forces in Spain. But they still had alot of colonies and African holdings. When I made peace I could not demand Toledo (which is their capital, somehow France owned Madrid, that is thecastille start capitol right?) My warscore was 80 when I made peace.
I

If you put merchants in it the drawback would be the -.5/merchant compete chance in every other CoT in the world. If you don't put merchants in then the only reason to blow it up is if it is siphoning value off a CoT you are trading in.

Coastal capitals are a pain in the butt to take. Your best bet (in my experience) is to get rid of all other coastal provinces that aren't distant overseas for them then wait for them to change capitals to attack again and take it.