• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can an enemy transport unload its troops onto your land if it is engaged in combat?

Need a asap quick answer for my question. I got a trade center that i want to get rid of. Problem lies in its placement and being somewhat middle of the value range. It has 605 something worth. I cant split it and i cant destroy it. Its in savoie and i cant embargo neighbouring countries, because they don't use it much. It goes from savoie to languedoc to liguria then back to savoie. 3 cloth, 3 wine, 1 grain and 1 naval supplies. Does any1 know of any way to crash their prices, because i really do not want to cheat and edit destroy range.
As far as i can see the only option i have, is to invade Switzerland, take their CoT, destroy it, then split savoie again and then maybe i can get rid of them both.

I was like a moron again and forgot to destroy it from start.

all you can do is engage the fleet before they can start unloading troops, which means getting in the the sea province before they do
Where they will try to unload is hard to predict though

That's too bad. Oh well, I guess the system is needed to nerf powers isolated in water like England, as otherwise they would be pretty much invincible.

You still kinda are as england. yes they can drop, but I have never seen more then 4 transports together. They would need to drop 40k at once to get me into trouble, not 4. Its why england is the ultimate starter nation.

Remaining on the topic of transports: you can do quick drops if you let your transports enter a friendly harbor. This also removes a potential landing penalty.

Is there also a way to quick load onto a transport in port? I always have to take the ships out of the harbor and then load up mid sea. Kinda weird :p.

Is there also a way to quick load onto a transport in port? I always have to take the ships out of the harbor and then load up mid sea. Kinda weird :p.
No. This makes EU the only major Paradox series where the most recent entry doesn't let you load ships in port.

I'm an Administrative Republic I'm ready to go to government level 28, so I can choose "Republican Dictatorship".
I've seen that Pisa, Milan (Trashing the Visconti's dynasty in the proces) and Holland has taken this government form... the Imperialism Casus Belli seems interesting I've no other way (I suppose) to take the pacific Milan, Tuscany and The Papal States... I need Milan, Firenze and Rome as Core to form Italian nation.
But the game likes to give cores in colonies or in the mUscowy territories... the only real interestings it gives to me was Trento and Treviso!

Or this is a poor government form? I've to reach Absolute Monarchy? I fear it's an obligatory pass... or not?

I can choose only Noble Republic and Administrative Monarchy... not so useful for my scope...

I'd like to stay as a Republic and become a Monarchy only after I've united Italy (Italy is a Kingdom by default if understood correctly), maybe trying to claim the HRE crown (but I fear it's too late, let see...)...

I'm an Administrative Republic I'm ready to go to government level 28, so I can choose "Republican Dictatorship".
I've seen that Pisa, Milan (Trashing the Visconti's dynasty in the proces) and Holland has taken this government form... the Imperialism Casus Belli seems interesting I've no other way (I suppose) to take the pacific Milan, Tuscany and The Papal States... I need Milan, Firenze and Rome as Core to form Italian nation.
Government Tech 30 gives you the Nationalism CB regardless of your government type. This lets you wage war to take provinces belonging to your culture group from anyone (including other members of your culture group) at the same WS and infamy cost as Imperialism but without needing to have one of the Imperialism-eligible governments.

(Side note: You will almost never get core by event on Firenze, Lombardia, or Rome, because they are almost always someone's capital, but that someone is unlikely to be your rival.)

So you say not to change government form?
I say to not worry about it too much, because...

I do suppose I lost the Administrative Republic trade efficiency too, but by the way to wait for level 30 it means to wait for 100 years I fear...
... the target year (where ahead-of-time penalties cease to apply) for Govt. 28 is 1636. The target year for Govt. 30 is 1655 (making it manageable in the late 1640s if you genuinely want it). What year is it in your game?

The year is 1717 already... so I'm a little late, I suppose!

If I put all investment on Government Tech I reach level 28 in year 1720...maybe I had to think about it before... but I hoped it gives some casus belli before to have force the thing in this way...

Another question I've released a lot of nations from the Ottomans, now in my game I have this nations indipendent:

1. Bulgaria
  2. Moldavia
  3. Byzantium that annex via nationalists Macedonia
  4. Greece & Morea independent, too

When I released Byzantium (from Janina if I remember correctly) I was a little surprised to see Byzantium an Administrative Republic and worst the leader has the title of Doge :laugh:!

Worst ever their religion is Muslim, not orthodox and they don't seem to have intention to convert...

I expected Byzantium as at least a monarchy with the return of Paleologos exiliated dynasty...
So if I realize a nation I expect to have a "copy" of myself?

Bulgaria and Moldavia (that I released supporting nationalists) are Sultanate :eek:o !

Little unrealistic in the end...

Another question I've released a lot of nations from the Ottomans, now in my game I have this nations indipendent:

1. Bulgaria
  2. Moldavia
  3. Byzantium that annex via nationalists Macedonia
  4. Greece & Morea independent, too

When I released Byzantium (from Janina if I remember correctly) I was a little surprised to see Byzantium an Administrative Republic and worst the leader has the title of Doge :laugh:!

Worst ever their religion is Muslim, not orthodox and they don't seem to have intention to convert...

Forcing another nation to release nations generally results in the new nation having the religion of the capital province. In general their government form will be similar to yours (republic/monarchy) but will be the most advanced their tech level allows. There are some exceptions though. In my experience forcing the release of nations is usually not worth the opportunity cost unless the foe is from the same religious group as you are likely to get saddled with a wrong religion, weak, ally that ties up one of your few alliance slots.

Definitevly

images