• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry for not editing my previous post (by the way that suggestion worked out great) but I fear my question wont be read; Why is my checksum constantly changing between BJLT and AJLT? EU3 DW v5.1

The checksum indicates the compatibility of the game with other people's copies which is quite important when playing MP in order to avoid desync and crashes. When you boot the program, the game exists in a cleared-out mode given the checksum BJLT. When you start a game in SP or MP, however, certain files can be modified by the playthrough. Since these modified files might interact badly with other people's files when linked in an MP game, the program is given a different checksum, often AJLT. That way you know that the program is slightly incompatible and should not be connected to a MP game without risk of desync. In order to reset the program to its standard setting, one must thus shut down and boot it again to get the cleared out BJLT version.

certain files can be modified by the playthrough.
Not actual files on disk, just the contents of the system memory. Otherwise correct.

If one of my provinces trades through other country's CoT, in which I don't have a merchant, do I benefit from raising a trade value in this province (with buildings)?

If one of my provinces trades through other country's CoT, in which I don't have a merchant, do I benefit from raising a trade value in this province (with buildings)?

Yes; this will directly increase the production value of your province. Production value is production efficiency*trade value of goods produced.

Of course, this value increase will also benefit the traders and owner of that CoT which is why, ideally, you own the province, own the CoT AND trade in the CoT to gain triple benefits (tax/manpower bonus of the CoT province + production increase + trade income increase) when raising trade value.

Why is the AI exempt from stability hits when joining a war? Whenever the player is called to join a war, I would still have to take the stability hit, but for some reason, the AI doesn't.

Here is an example. I had a Claim Throne CB on Brabant as Holland. Holland had an alliance with England, so, in order to counter their likelihood of joining a war against me, I got our relations up to +200 (Great Relations -2 stab), had an RM, (-1 stab), and they had my military access, (-5 stab!). England had +2 stability when I declared war on Brabant. If they wanted to join against me, it should have ruined them. After they joined the war, their stability was still at +2. This is seriously irritating. Am I overlooking an important rule, or is this supposed to happen?

Here is an example. I had a Claim Throne CB on Brabant as Holland. Holland had an alliance with England, so, in order to counter their likelihood of joining a war against me, I got our relations up to +200 (Great Relations -2 stab), had an RM, (-1 stab), and they had my military access, (-5 stab!). England had +2 stability when I declared war on Brabant. If they wanted to join against me, it should have ruined them. After they joined the war, their stability was still at +2. This is seriously irritating. Am I overlooking an important rule, or is this supposed to happen?
No stability hits for answering calls as defender. AI or human player.

No stability hits for answering calls as defender. AI or human player.

Are you serious?

I could swear that every time where I'm called to a nation's defense, I have stability hits for things like Royal Marriages and such were I to accept. Does this only take affect in certain circumstances, or does it apply to all Call to Arms?

Were do Toll Incomes come from?

Playing a game and a considerable part of my income is from "Tolls" and would like to know what this is and any way to effect it.

MP game were i control almost all of Africa :D

Are you serious?
Yes.

I could swear that every time where I'm called to a nation's defense, I have stability hits for things like Royal Marriages and such were I to accept. Does this only take affect in certain circumstances, or does it apply to all Call to Arms?
When you get a defensive CtA, you get told all the stab hits you would get if it was an offensive CtA, but you don't actually suffer them if you accept.

In IN or in eu3 in general, what is wise when regaining stability? I can put the stabilty slider to max and get back on my feet in about a year to year and a half.

Now I didnt do any math on this, but is it better to get this back up ASAP so you recieve max income again and lose any revolt boost penalties, or is the cost in research not made too high and I should I increas stabilty at a more leisurly pase?

Good question. I tend to spend as much time as possible at +3 because it gives bonues to numbers of merchants, reduction of revolt risk and more magistrates (DW). I'd say get there so you can use the money you gain by not having to play whack a rebel and have more merchants sent is worth the delay. Its been a while since IN for me but taking over a year seems a long while unless you're in a large many culture many religion empire. In DW with most of Central Europe as Germany I was getting stab back in under a month.

In IN or in eu3 in general, what is wise when regaining stability? I can put the stabilty slider to max and get back on my feet in about a year to year and a half.

Now I didnt do any math on this, but is it better to get this back up ASAP so you recieve max income again and lose any revolt boost penalties, or is the cost in research not made too high and I should I increas stabilty at a more leisurly pase?

Absolutely. In nearly all cases it is best to switch 100% of funding into stability (as needed, may not apply to small nations due to their low stab costs) until you reach +3 stab.

Good question. I tend to spend as much time as possible at +3 because it gives bonues to numbers of merchants, reduction of revolt risk and more magistrates (DW). I'd say get there so you can use the money you gain by not having to play whack a rebel and have more merchants sent is worth the delay. Its been a while since IN for me but taking over a year seems a long while unless you're in a large many culture many religion empire. In DW with most of Central Europe as Germany I was getting stab back in under a month.

Playing as the british empire atm, or well almost then :p. Have alot of cultures since cultural shifts don't exist in IN I think? Only acceptence and non acceptence. Besides that I have 4 shamanist and 1 moslim and 1 hindu region under missionary attempt atm. The vast majority is all catholic.

Another question: Am I supposed to have so many different options to choose from for favoured units (all become avaidleble at the same level, 18 or so)? atm I can recruit freeshooters, maurician and another one which I can't remember the name from (something with a pike and musket combined regiment). Isn't the maurician flat out the best? Why am I as the british allowed all these choises in the first place. As far as I can see there is no reason to choose the freeshooters cept for RP purposes. Am I missing something here? :p

Another question: Am I supposed to have so many different options to choose from for favoured units (all become avaidleble at the same level, 18 or so)? atm I can recruit freeshooters, maurician and another one which I can't remember the name from (something with a pike and musket combined regiment). Isn't the maurician flat out the best? Why am I as the british allowed all these choises in the first place. As far as I can see there is no reason to choose the freeshooters cept for RP purposes. Am I missing something here? :p

Nope, you aren't missing anything. There are a fair number of units that exist in the game that no player will ever use other than for RP purposes.