• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3 Complete: About Cores.

Is there a way to see all the cores belonging to a nation - even one that doesn't currently exist - without having to click every province?

To Create a Vassal you need to own ALL of the nation's cores and you need to be in Peace? Any other requirements?

I noticed that for a nation to be created under a peace deal - not all cores need to be owned by the other nation. Any other requirements?

Is it normal that Colonial Nation's Quest of independence will give you rebels in China or at other odd places? Isn't there typo on the event files and the rebels should crop up at a random province of the Colonial's core? thanks.

I believe that events sets up the next place that will try for independence, thus the new rebels in a place that has nothing to do with the event.

Is there a way to see all the cores belonging to a nation - even one that doesn't currently exist - without having to click every province?

Don't think so.

To Create a Vassal you need to own ALL of the nation's cores and you need to be in Peace?

No. You just need to own its would-be capital. As long as you own Holland, you can create the Netherlands. As long as you hold Paris, you can create France.

I noticed that for a nation to be created under a peace deal - not all cores need to be owned by the other nation. Any other requirements?

I think any nation that has cores can be force released in a peace deal.

Don't think so.

No. You just need to own its would-be capital. As long as you own Holland, you can create the Netherlands. As long as you hold Paris, you can create France.

I think any nation that has cores can be force released in a peace deal.

So why couldn't I force release Holland from The Netherlands? The Netherlands had a giant colonial empire but only Holland as a european province. (Historical start)

There's no penalty of any kind for not supporting a vassal if a nation declares war on it is there? On the flip side a vassal is very weak and unprotected since it can't ally with anyone other than its overlord.

I have forced nations to disappear like this.

That is a special case.

There's no penalty of any kind for not supporting a vassal if a nation declares war on it is there? On the flip side a vassal is very weak and unprotected since it can't ally with anyone other than its overlord.

You'll lose your vassal.

Massive Lithuania is Orthodox and I'm Catholic and I'm trying to create an alliance with him by first sending him gifts - but he's sending back insults. Is this because of the religious difference? Can Catholics and Orthodox/Protestant become allies?

They can, but it is difficult. If it's sending insults, it probably wants to declare war on you and doesn't want the extra stab hit he'd get from "good relations".

Playing as Castille I managed to force vassalize what's left of Morrocco and Tripoli. Apparently since they aren't the same religion I cannot annex them peacefully....ever. What are my options?

Cancel vassalization, it doesn't have any bad effects apart from them hating you for doing it.

Thanks for the tips! I don't yet fully understand the BB-mechanics. When you say I have to spend my BB, what does that mean?
I realize now that I have to be more patient. 5 year of being at war with England is long, but not in perspective to the amount of years in the game.I only played until 1404 and conquered 2 Burgundian provinces, Orleans and Brittany. That left me with 16 BB. But I thought I would conquer my vassals in the next years. That way my BB wouldn't go up, as I have a core on their regions. But I might restart the game. Play it another way.

edit: And what way should I move my sliders? Centralization?

RJA

By spend BB I merely mean that you should take advantage of the Holy War CB. Holy War is imensly powerful as you get provinces for 1 BB rather than 4. Thus you can expand 4 times as far. Obviously being bigger has its downsides but you should take advantage of Holy War untill it goes away in 1650. If you adopt imperial administration you will get the CB against all non christians, rather than just the ones you border. You should be wary about taking a province for 4 infamy. Obviously there are certain situations, it's rich/you get prettier borders, where you have to. But annexing Brittany for example will slow you down. It would cost 8BB to force vassalise/diplo annex for example. OTOH if you know you are going to be at peace for 20 years, you are going to westernise or you just got into a regency council, then feel free to rack up some BB.

the five year war against england is suboptimal. But short of spending a fortune on building a navy it is your only way of getting provinces out of them. It is important to do it in one go, as the more provinces you occupy the faster their WE goes up. If they just have 1 province left on the continent the tactic just doesn't work.

For sliders I would, along with everyone else :), say move centralised pronto. I would also suggest that your very first move should be to get full aristocracy. At full aristocracy you get a +1 shock bonus for your generals. Right at the start of the game this is imensly useful.

By spend BB I merely mean that you should take advantage of the Holy War CB. Holy War is imensly powerful as you get provinces for 1 BB rather than 4. Thus you can expand 4 times as far. Obviously being bigger has its downsides but you should take advantage of Holy War untill it goes away in 1650. If you adopt imperial administration you will get the CB against all non christians, rather than just the ones you border. You should be wary about taking a province for 4 infamy. Obviously there are certain situations, it's rich/you get prettier borders, where you have to. But annexing Brittany for example will slow you down. It would cost 8BB to force vassalise/diplo annex for example. OTOH if you know you are going to be at peace for 20 years, you are going to westernise or you just got into a regency council, then feel free to rack up some BB.

the five year war against england is suboptimal. But short of spending a fortune on building a navy it is your only way of getting provinces out of them. It is important to do it in one go, as the more provinces you occupy the faster their WE goes up. If they just have 1 province left on the continent the tactic just doesn't work.

For sliders I would, along with everyone else :), say move centralised pronto. I would also suggest that your very first move should be to get full aristocracy. At full aristocracy you get a +1 shock bonus for your generals. Right at the start of the game this is imensly useful.

Thanks for the info. I'm slowly learning the game. I do have one problem. When I attacked the Provence, Bohemia protected them and send troops at me. They will do the same with Burgundy if I attack them. Is there some way around this? I first time I conceded defeat, after annexing Maine and Anjou from Provence. Just so Bohemia would leave me alone. But I fear that the combined forces of Burgundy and Bohemia are going to be too much. I read somewhere that I should wait untill Burgundy is at war with the empire, but they are not. Eventhough they annexed Liege, Barrois, Metz, Lothringen, Bern and Schwyz. I thought those were part of the empire too. How can I break that bond between Burgundy and Bohemia?