• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does war exhaustion affect you, and is there anywhere in-game where you can find the this information?

IZCZj.png

I am modifying the nation Scandinavia (SCA) but cannot locate the nation name in any of the Localisation files. Where can I change the name of the nation "Scandinavia"? I know most countries are in text.csv, I've edited that one before.

I am modifying the nation Scandinavia (SCA) but cannot locate the nation name in any of the Localisation files. Where can I change the name of the nation "Scandinavia"? I know most countries are in text.csv, I've edited that one before.
There are no specific files for specific types of localizations. You must always search all csv files when looking for anything. text.csv is only the text that was in v1.0 of the game; each patch and expansion has added another file.

in_nomine_text.csv line 408

OK, this isnt so much an EU3 question as much as it is a forum question.

How do you post pictures on the forums here? I have pics uploaded to photobucket and apparently cannot get them to load. What am I doing wrong? Would love to be able to post pics and get feedback.

Testing

EU3_2.jpg

EDIT - Well, it appears to work for me. Thanks a bunch. I had been trying to use the include pic button. Oh well. Now to take more screenshots and try and get more understanding of the game.

Again - Thanks

Maybe he just doesn't want to do so. I spent much of a Byzantine game establishing the colony of Nova Roma in modern Brazil, rather than spreading like a spider all over the Americas.

Seeing the "Post your DW Empire" thread I can see a lot of you guys are inheriting huge empires from PUs.

As a noob I just dont understand how you can do it so easily, ie Austria inheriting half Europe before 1500 etc. I tried to inherite Aragon as Castilla but it took me a whole century 3 rulers later... I've read the eu3 wiki page but its not helping a lot. I think I need a short guide or something from experienced players.

Moreover, still in the "Post your DW Empire" there is a lot of guys posting weird empires created by weird gamey technics such as "horde" things etc. I'd love a thread helping noobs as me to know about all those gamey technics !

This would realy need a big thread... it is basicaly just learning the game. Maybe there should be video : How to become uberplayer in EU3, but there is not. There are many noob guides thou, which shows you basics. Well my advice : Play hard nations, like poland, manchu, etc. etc. etc. learn the game, and see. Plus read EU3 wiki. It got many valuable info.

Plus while inheritance is a random thing, you need to know that if you got high diplo ruler, it is more likely, so making big SOI helps it.

List of horde things :

1. If you conquer a horde province, you get good cavalry and infantry from their cores there. Simmiliar to muslims and ottoman cores(if you play as byzantium)
2. If you are at war with horde, but you got no border, like when you are poland, you can peace them out, then you will fight them no more, because the horde will end in auto-peace, because you have no border.
3. Hordes get tribal succesion crisis, when their ruler dies. You can exploit it, to win war with them.
4. Hordes are conquering provinces by simply occupying them, for long enough. Only peace they accept is tribute or condede defeat from either you or them.
5. Hordes give you 0.33 colonist per month (dependant on patch version it is per horde or per province you border), up to 1.65 colonist(i think not sure here)
6. Hordes can be only conquered by colonizing them, which need ~5 colonists per their province. It also cost colonial maintenance, and they may burn colonies you make. So to colonize horde you need to be big wealthy country with good economy.

Nope, unfortunately. Only you can wait until someone will buy mercenaries(thou i am not certain of that).

There is one way I know of: edit the savegame. Probably not what you're looking for, I grant.

This is something I really want to see changed. There should always be at least one of each type available.

I'm Holland and its 1530, I've sent some 9000 guys on a blind oversea expedition and they have landed on some New World territory filled with that curious little with puffy plant known as cotton. Because its only inhabited by primitives we just seized their land so now Holland with its only 2 continental provinces, owns 7 oversea province in North America. Neither my trade range or colonial range can reach those lands of course. So what will happens now ? Will I still be able to trade cotton from america to Lubec where it says its going ? Should I build a new CoT in the new world ? In Holland ? I don't understand enough the trade mechanisms to clearly see where I'm going.