• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does a General die in 10 years after you recruit him?
No, generals are not restricted by a certain time. Only their deaths send them away.
Does Infamy effect Vassalization offers?
Yes, it makes those nations less likely to accept your offer.
Should I take the pass militia act?
Only if you need that extra centralization move. I usually take it, since it saves me the pain of moving towards centralized on the slider itself.

Does a General die in 10 years after you recruit him?
There is no fixed duration. They die/retire randomly (although the probability may increase after a certain time).
Should I take the pass militia act?
More discipline is always useful.

How exactly is the best way to get into playing EU3 multiplayer?

Any ground rules or helpful things you should always know? Are there ever any games geared specifically for players new to multiplayer?

Will most other players try as hard as they can to kill you?

How exactly is the best way to get into playing EU3 multiplayer?

Any ground rules or helpful things you should always know? Are there ever any games geared specifically for players new to multiplayer?

Will most other players try as hard as they can to kill you?

Just go in the multiplayer forum and join in!

Not really. Read the rules of whatever campaign you're in, and it's generally a bad idea to miss a ton sessions (I have a busy schedule and missed like a session a month, and had to resign from most of the campaigns I've been in because of a situation like that.)

Nah, no one's going to go out of their way to kill you, the point of MP is having a challenging lategame, and killing others off early on ruins that. You'll get into wars, but most campaigns will make it so the attacker can only take four provinces max or something similar.

If you want, I can try and host a newbie campaign to help you and maybe some other people get acclimated.

Hi, I'm playing httt as Denmark. I'm really struggling to hold Sweden in the pu. Can I actually inherit them though? I thought I needed to have more provinces? Any more general advice would be great I'm broke keeping army big enough to stop them spamming insults! Thanks for your help

Hi, I'm playing httt as Denmark. I'm really struggling to hold Sweden in the pu. Can I actually inherit them though? I thought I needed to have more provinces? Any more general advice would be great I'm broke keeping army big enough to stop them spamming insults! Thanks for your help

If they are at war they won't insult spam you no matter the relative size of your armies. Of course you also can't inherit but chances of inheriting when you have fewer provinces are terrible anyway. Once you get to the point where you have as many provinces as Norway start worrying about going to peace, until then the easiest way to keep the union going is to just stay in random wars with the crusade target or anyone you get missions against.

From what I've seen, Norway is checked before Sweden so once you can inherit them it will often put you in position to immediately inherit Sweden as well (pretty much all or nothing).

If they are at war they won't insult spam you no matter the relative size of your armies. Of course you also can't inherit but chances of inheriting when you have fewer provinces are terrible anyway. Once you get to the point where you have as many provinces as Norway start worrying about going to peace, until then the easiest way to keep the union going is to just stay in random wars with the crusade target or anyone you get missions against.

From what I've seen, Norway is checked before Sweden so once you can inherit them it will often put you in position to immediately inherit Sweden as well (pretty much all or nothing).

Thanks. So I need to grow, or no good at all. Misson for tutonic knights but I've not got a big enough navy! Well I'd best put that oversized army to use lol. Holstein is a vassal so trying to diplo annex as I have a core on on prov already.

I'm playing France, kind of RP game as always. HRE, mainly Austria and Bohemia gave me a hard way earlier in the game so instead of focusing on beating the crap out of the brits I want to completely destroy the HRE. I managed to vassalize / PU 5 Electors out of the 7 so I'm now the Emperor without being a part of HRE.

Every province I annexed from HRE when I wasnt the Emperor had left the Empire. And know I am the Emperor I use "Imperial ban" and "Imperial reconquest" as Casus Beli to annex tons of provinces.

To disband HRE the tooltip said that I have to vassalize every Elector and control Emperor's capital province. Now it says that I just cant disband HRE as the Emperor. So what ? The only way I can disband HRE now is vassalize the 2 remaining electors, and insult every one so they will not vote for me ?

I'm playing France, kind of RP game as always. HRE, mainly Austria and Bohemia gave me a hard way earlier in the game so instead of focusing on beating the crap out of the brits I want to completely destroy the HRE. I managed to vassalize / PU 5 Electors out of the 7 so I'm now the Emperor without being a part of HRE.

Every province I annexed from HRE when I wasnt the Emperor had left the Empire. And know I am the Emperor I use "Imperial ban" and "Imperial reconquest" as Casus Beli to annex tons of provinces.

To disband HRE the tooltip said that I have to vassalize every Elector and control Emperor's capital province. Now it says that I just cant disband HRE as the Emperor. So what ? The only way I can disband HRE now is vassalize the 2 remaining electors, and insult every one so they will not vote for me ?

Yeah, that's basically what you have to do. The emperor can't disband the empire.

Ok thanks. Do you know what will happend to all the provinces I've conquered while being Emperor if I leave ? Because even If I am not a HRE member, holding a HRE territory and being warned by the Emperor give me a stability hit. And I'll get 30 of them, at 9 magistrates a year it will take time before leaving all the provinces from HRE...

Hey everyone! Playing as Cherokee. Took Huron/Iroquois but they are yet to core. Half of Europe DoWs me and I'm barely holding on in the south, but the damned Portuguese have overrun everything north of Ohio. WE at +20/20. How can I get Cherokee or even Huron/Iroquois patriots to spawn in those territories? Is rebel spawning in occupied territories based on my WE/Stab or on the occupier's WE/Stab? Fully westernized and modernized, if that helps. Thanks!

Ok thanks. Do you know what will happend to all the provinces I've conquered while being Emperor if I leave ? Because even If I am not a HRE member, holding a HRE territory and being warned by the Emperor give me a stability hit. And I'll get 30 of them, at 9 magistrates a year it will take time before leaving all the provinces from HRE...
If you leave the Empire I believe you lose any non-core HRE provinces and all your core provinces leave the HRE.

-There is no right click on a Mac, so how do you move an army from one province to another?
-Why are so many historical tribes missing in vanilla?

Ran into a confusing scenario today.

I had a fleet containing 11 cogs. I moved an 11-regiment army onto the fleet. They arrived, but then immediately started marching back to the province they came from. I tried loading a single regiment from another province. No problem. I then tried splitting the 11-regiment army up. Had no problems loading a 3-regiment army from the original onto the fleet. I then tried moving the remaining regiments and they went on the fleet and then immediately started marching back to the province!

Any idea what could be causing this?