• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
-Is there a way to break up a PU I am not a part of?
-Why can you only send missionaries to your own provinces?

1. Yes and no. You cannot just demand it in treaty(from what i know), but you can lower prestige of your enemy, and destroy his army, so at his king death, he will lose his PU.

2. Because it is so designed in game. I know it is quite stiupid, But who can do anything about it?

Here is a good question. Aquire a colonial province with a population of 1214 people all together. A few months later 4 revolts yielding 8000 patriots who have enough manpower to completly reinforce... uh... what the heck is going on becuase that is quite alot more then the entire population of the state.

Here is a good question. Aquire a colonial province with a population of 1214 people all together. A few months later 4 revolts yielding 8000 patriots who have enough manpower to completly reinforce... uh... what the heck is going on becuase that is quite alot more then the entire population of the state.
There is no place in the game you can see the province population (nor is it tracked internally). The game only shows the population of the largest city in the province.

-Is there a way to break up a PU I am not a part of?

Kill the senior party's army might work, but if the AI has a good infrastructure / if the junior is also actively involved in that same war, then it's not guaranteed to work. (Because he'll be able to have a bigger army than the junior soon). Slapping the senior around a lot so his prestige plummets can work - you need positive prestige to continue the union. If you and he are both catholic and if you're the Papal Controller, you can also slap him with Excommunication if possible.

Is it in any way significant for the Curia that the head of state of the Papal State is still the Pope?

At the end of my France/HRE game I was Reformed, and the Papal State was a Reformed vassal of the HRE, but the head of this reformed state was a Pope. I have no idea whether there was still a Curia.

that's obviously something that should not have happened :) (ie. reformed Papal State - that's clearly not WAD) on the other hand the Curia only disappears when the Kingdom of God or the Pentarchy decision is enacted (though I'm not sure, someone would correct me please if I'm wrong?)

The Papal State vassal will join any wars you want it to, lowering the Papal relations (and thus Papal influence) with your enemies, and it will have good relations with you without any effort on your part.
If you annex the Papal States and are a Catholic country, you get an event asking for the release of the Papal states.

thanks for the extensions, I forgot about that event.

Is there any way to ruin a another nations relation with the papal states? I keep becoming papal controller but there's only one country in the whole of Europe that can be excommunicated and I have no reason to do so.

I believe it's 20 years actually. and AFAIK it doesn't have to be renewed upon the death of the monarch.
Really? I though it's until You wont accept the Call 2 Arms... I never accept except if it's tasty land and my "personal" enemy. I love to decline because I don't lose prestige :p

EDIT: And it doesn't end guarantee if monarch dies, in 5.01 I think only.

Last edited:
Does a MP game always have to be weekly sessioned?

Really? I though it's until You wont accept the Call 2 Arms... I never accept except if it's tasty land and my "personal" enemy. I love to decline because I don't lose prestige :p

EDIT: And it doesn't end guarantee if monarch dies, in 5.01 I think only.
Monarch dying has never affected guarantees. Dishonoring the CtA cancels it but unless that happens it will expire in 20 years.

No , you can set one daily , monthly , or whatever suits you :D
So you can start a session whenever, or you have to set it before you start it on the server itself?

Still doesn't make sense, if the BIGGEST CITY in the province only has 1000 people there is no way it could field 8000 patriots, specifically
There might be a 10 towns with 500 pop + 50 with 100 pop + probably several thousands not in any town at all.