• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm quite aware of the different paths. Nevertheless, when I switch from my current gov (Imperial Government 1 of Miscmods (which is actually no different from the Empire in the base game)) to an Admin Monarchy, Admin Republic is greyed out.

note that if you're leading any Personal Unions you cannot switch to republican government until you either inherit the lesser partner(s) or dissolve the union with them.

. . . damn it, seriously? If so, that's my problem right there. I always thought PUs just instantly dissolve when switching to a republic, no grey needed. I could've sworn that I had a memory in which I've switched while in a PU, but that memory's shaky.

Anyway, damn it, Modena, you've screwed me for the last time. I never needed you as a Personal Partner . . . I get way too many "accidental" PUs . . .

Assuming it works, thanks a bunch, Vasiljevics.

Last edited:
When does the Diplomatic Action 'Enforce Religious Unity' appear?

I read about this in the Wiki, and the conditions mentioned there are fulfilled, but I can't see the action button on any country.

I am France, Holy Roman Emperor but not member of the HRE, Reformed, just passed the Erbkaisertum.

Another question:

When do Guarantees expire/disappear?

I constantly guarantee every little nation in South East Asia in the hope of some small bait, but I never receive a call to arms, and when I check around a couple of years later these guarantees have disappeared.

I'm not actually sure if it will allow you to continue it with achievements enabled or not since the save file is not edited but it may detect something else to believe that it's not "your" save file but either way, the Paradox Police(tm) aren't about to bust down your doors, ban your account and put you to the chopping board.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried it out now and it turns out that my Germany savegame from my old installation (didn't actually move to another computer, I just switched to a new HDD) counts as mine but my Byzantium game does not, for some reason.

. . . damn it, seriously? If so, that's my problem right there. I always thought PUs just instantly dissolve when switching to a republic, no grey needed. I could've sworn that I had a memory in which I've switched while in a PU, but that memory's shaky.

Anyway, damn it, Modena, you've screwed me for the last time. I never needed you as a Personal Partner . . . I get way too many "accidental" PUs . . .

Assuming it works, thanks a bunch, Vasiljevics.

It seems that Vasiljevics will henceforth, in Modena, be as despised as Cromwell is in Ireland, Phillip II in the Netherlands, or George III in the USA.

:)

Can you form again HRE after you dismartled it?

Dismantlement, i.e use of the button in the HRE interface, results in permanent dismantlement. If the HRE is destroyed by conventional means, i.e conquest and revocation of all provinces in the Empire, a new HRE can still be created through rebellion to my fair knowledge.

Last edited:
And for that, which provincies I need to get?
Best: Not owned as natonial province, and... Hm... I don't really know... ...Because if re-unite HRE, there is no HRE (as green provinces xD) and... IDK...

What is the "P" value in naval combat? I just recently had an engagement in which I lost all of my ships, loaded the save, and tried the battle again. This time I won, losing only a few ships. In the first scenario P was at -5, and in the latter it was at +5. I don't think I did anything different between the two times.

And for that matter, what is T? I know WE means War Exhaustion.

What is the "P" value in naval combat? I just recently had an engagement in which I lost all of my ships, loaded the save, and tried the battle again. This time I won, losing only a few ships. In the first scenario P was at -5, and in the latter it was at +5. I don't think I did anything different between the two times.

And for that matter, what is T? I know WE means War Exhaustion.

Prestige. I don't know what T is.

T is for Tradition. You know, the army and naval tradition that allows you to get leaders. Most battles against enemies offer at least a small bit of tradition.

Assuming all other variables (such as leaders) will always be the same (except for diceroll), about how many more troops do you need to counteract attacking penalties? If you can, please make a list, from -1 to -5 (use ratios, like saying "you should outnumber them by 2:1". While you're at it, which terrains correspond to fhe different attacking penalties. Thank you.

Assuming all other variables (such as leaders) will always be the same (except for diceroll), about how many more troops do you need to counteract attacking penalties? If you can, please make a list, from -1 to -5 (use ratios, like saying "you should outnumber them by 2:1". While you're at it, which terrains correspond to fhe different attacking penalties. Thank you.

There are an awful lot of variables that apply so the case where everything but dicerolls is equal is almost never going to be the case.

In general with equivalent tech and leaders, except in mountains/hills, I shoot for at least a 3:2 advantage. If I absolutely have to fight in mountains or hills then I want a minimum of 4:1 with the ideal case being an overrun, anything less than an overrun results in some pretty messed up units plus the crapload of attrition as the fight will undoubtedly drag on for a while.