• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a save-game trimmer for DW that is either pre-compiled or doesn't require messing around with Java? I can't get Rudy's to work...

Running Win 7, paths are all correct, getting that java couldn't find the class.

What is the criteria for a thread to show up with the Paradox icon? I know it's for polular threads, but is there any specific criteria?

How exactly does the 'avoiding competition' mechanic work for trade leagues? I just watched Holland compete away one of my merchants despite being a fellow member of the Hanseatic League - and despite there being several non-League merchants trading. I figured the protection wasn't absolute (since after all, what would happen in, say, Lübeck if all the merchants were Hanseatic League members?), but that just seems to show, barring other mitigating factors, that it's not very helpful at all!
I think that when there are only Trade League members in the CoT, that you compete with each other.

So as always I have something to Westernisation :). So I could please know, why AI has Westernisation mission (because I tag ;)) and when I conquered Edirne I don't have it... I mean I don't see it... Is there any special rule to SEE the Westernisation mission in the country missions?

Is there a easy way to check in what foreign provinces do we have a core? I'm playing with an huge Novgorod, it's hard to check one by one, and I'm lazy :D

Is it possible to be notified when a country gets bankrupted? Specially the enemies... :D AI always know when it happens to us, but not the other way around. I use to check inflation board, but sometimes is too late when I notice...

What is the easier way to get some missionaries? I'm orthodox and Innovation is getting me a total of -0.55 each year...

Thanks

Edit:
One more: Where can I get some info about terrain and weather (ex: mild winter) effect in combat? I can't find it on wiki.

Is there a easy way to check in what foreign provinces do we have a core? I'm playing with an huge Novgorod, it's hard to check one by one, and I'm lazy :D
Yes, diplomacy map mope.

Is it possible to be notified when a country gets bankrupted? Specially the enemies... :D AI always know when it happens to us, but not the other way around. I use to check inflation board, but sometimes is too late when I notice...
It should be a major event, so you should get notified unless you changed any setting.

What is the easier way to get some missionaries? I'm orthodox and Innovation is getting me a total of -0.55 each year...
Cathedrals or the conquer Jerusalem, Mecca or Roma modifiers. You can also have religious decisions that help you

Yes, diplomacy map mope.
Thanks!

It should be a major event, so you should get notified unless you changed any setting.
I don't remember to ever had received such message. How can I check those settings?

Cathedrals or the conquer Jerusalem, Mecca or Roma modifiers. You can also have religious decisions that help you.
Yep, I enabled the Act of Uniformity, and now I get a total of 0.05 per year :D. Jerusalem is too far away and Cathedrals are too distant too, but in time.

Let me bump the other question: Where can I get some info about terrain and weather (ex: mild winter) effect in combat? I can't find it on wiki.

Thanks much for all answers,very useful for me
liuhan1.jpg

liuhan5.jpg
This was clever the first time, but now it's getting old. Please stop.

I don't remember to ever had received such message. How can I check those settings?

escape button, message settings As I recall there are specific settings only for bankruptcy messages somewhere (there are an awful lot of message types to wade through)

Let me bump the other question: Where can I get some info about terrain and weather (ex: mild winter) effect in combat? I can't find it on wiki.

terrain effects are displayed in the combat window, there are 2 types: water crossing-river or strait (which I believe is always a -1) and the general terrain modifier (-1 to -5) due to anything from woods to alpine mountains

weather only affects movement and attrition rates as far as I know

I'm pretty sure weather effects are shown in the tooltip for the Terrain Mapmode. Also another way to go to the menu other than escape is to click on the menu button on the bottom right of your screen.

The tooltip for the Terrain Mapmode shows how is the terrain: percentage of woods, forest, desert, steppes... and in my case, when it's winter it says mild winter. But I don't know what's the difference in terms of combat fighting in a forest or in a desert. It's only possible to see it in combat window? And not before that?
What about the winter? I would love to see my invaders dying in Russia's cold winter :p
(Ok, I just checked, and it gives a +2 in attrition)

Funny thing, my game always crashes when I change popup options in the menu you mentioned. I can change 2 or 3 options, and then it just crashes. Happened 4 times.

Humm, sorry to bother with a new question, but it's the last one (for today, of course :p )
I'm in war against Great Britain, I've occupied 6 provinces of them in Scandinavia, have lots of won battles, 26% of victory, but they refuse to negotiate peace. I would settle for a province where I have a core that values 1%, but they refuse it. When I'm the one proposing, they wouldn't even accept white peace, although they do propose white peace to me from time to time. But I don't want to accept it, it doesn't fell right. Every time they refuse, they get -1 in stability, but they are already in -3, and Ireland is full of revolts, but they still don't accept to give me something.

Meanwhile my war exhaustion in killing me. Will have I to settle with a white peace?? It's very unfair, I wasted all my money in a defensive war that I won, and I can't get sh*t!

The tooltip for the Terrain Mapmode shows how is the terrain: percentage of woods, forest, desert, steppes... and in my case, when it's winter it says mild winter. But I don't know what's the difference in terms of combat fighting in a forest or in a desert. It's only possible to see it in combat window? And not before that?
I only know that cavalry takes double the penalties in forest and mountains (and maybe some more terrains).

I'm in war against Great Britain, I've occupied 6 provinces of them in Scandinavia, have lots of won battles, 26% of victory, but they refuse to negotiate peace. I would settle for a province where I have a core that values 1%, but they refuse it. When I'm the one proposing, they wouldn't even accept white peace, although they do propose white peace to me from time to time. But I don't want to accept it, it doesn't fell right. Every time they refuse, they get -1 in stability, but they are already in -3, and Ireland is full of revolts, but they still don't accept to give me something.
Yeah, the AI is very stubborn. If it still has a considerable army wandering about, it won't give anything. Either that or you need to occupy one of their home provinces.