• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EU3_15.jpg

Can anyone please take a look at the attached image? On April 15th 1414 I sue for peace with the goldielocks, as is noted in the event log. Suddenly the day after that, my other war with the timmies has also come to an end, without anyone suing for peace - how did this happen? It was two separate wars, and no, there isn't another event further down in the event log... I'm a bit miffed as I was about to push Trebizond over the magical 1k limit.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 57426

Can anyone please take a look at the attached image? On April 15th 1414 I sue for peace with the goldielocks, as is noted in the event log. Suddenly the day after that, my other war with the timmies has also come to an end, without anyone suing for peace - how did this happen? It was two separate wars, and no, there isn't another event further down in the event log... I'm a bit miffed as I was about to push Trebizond over the magical 1k limit.

Thanks in advance!

That's.. puzzling. Auto timer gives an event, and you say it was two separate wars. The only thing I can think of is that possibly the Timurids civilized. I believe that ends horde wars, but I'm not sure.

Also is this with 5.1 or the 5.2 beta and did either of you have any vassals in the war? There are some problems with vassals in horde wars in 5.1.

Got another one, same game, down the line a bit. Russia now, early 1500s, Westernized but not yet Modernized. As such, I have these really slick Eastern Hussars that are currently (as far as I can tell) the best cavalry available in the game. I'm currently at -1 stability trying to recover from Westernization, but it's going to be a while before Western cavalry can trump these guys. At the same time, though, I need to Modernize, because my neighbors are creeping up on Land Tech 18 and I better damn well have gunpowder infantry to match theirs.

Problem is this - when I go to build units in Moskva, for instance, I can build Pike Infantry, Eastern Hussars, Culverin, and Bardiche Infantry. That's all well and good, because the first three are mine, and the fourth is the infantry for the other core there that isn't mine (Muscovy). But their cavalry isn't showing up. I'm certain with my relatively large number of conquered Eastern Tech core provinces that I could find plenty of Eastern Hussar build sites, except that building their cavalry isn't an option. How can I switch that Bardiche Infantry option to the cavalry option instead - or, if I can't, should I just hurry up and build a bunch of Eastern Hussars while my stability recovers and then Modernize once I think I'm ready to do so?

Also is this with 5.1 or the 5.2 beta and did either of you have any vassals in the war? There are some problems with vassals in horde wars in 5.1.

This is 5.1. Let's see, in the war with GH Wallachia, Bosnia and Serbia were involved. The Timmies had Duldakir as a vassal, but I DOW'd Duldakir well after the last truce with the Timmies had expired, and they were also annexed at least a year before the horde wars ended.

gela1212 said:
That's.. puzzling. Auto timer gives an event, and you say it was two separate wars. The only thing I can think of is that possibly the Timurids civilized. I believe that ends horde wars, but I'm not sure.

Auto timer? You mean auto-WP after five(?) years without actual hostilities? Does that exist for horde wars? There certainly had been hostilities within that timeframe! Gonna check if they still are a steppe horde.

Thanks for the input, both of you!

Last edited:
Problem is this - when I go to build units in Moskva, for instance, I can build Pike Infantry, Eastern Hussars, Culverin, and Bardiche Infantry. That's all well and good, because the first three are mine, and the fourth is the infantry for the other core there that isn't mine (Muscovy). But their cavalry isn't showing up. I'm certain with my relatively large number of conquered Eastern Tech core provinces that I could find plenty of Eastern Hussar build sites, except that building their cavalry isn't an option. How can I switch that Bardiche Infantry option to the cavalry option instead - or, if I can't, should I just hurry up and build a bunch of Eastern Hussars while my stability recovers and then Modernize once I think I'm ready to do so?

Does/did Muscovy have Eastern Hussars? I'm pretty sure the game just doesn't display anything if both you and the nation with a core have it.

Auto timer? You mean auto-WP after five(?) years without actual hostilities? Does that exist for horde wars? There certainly had been hostilities within that timeframe! Gonna check if they still are a steppe horde.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I saw you fighting in the background so I thought there might be some bug that was causing you to auto-peace, but that always gives an event, something along the lines of "There can be no war without bloodshed".

Got another one, same game, down the line a bit. Russia now, early 1500s, Westernized but not yet Modernized. As such, I have these really slick Eastern Hussars that are currently (as far as I can tell) the best cavalry available in the game. I'm currently at -1 stability trying to recover from Westernization, but it's going to be a while before Western cavalry can trump these guys. At the same time, though, I need to Modernize, because my neighbors are creeping up on Land Tech 18 and I better damn well have gunpowder infantry to match theirs.

When you modernise you don't switch to the new type immediately, so you could have your Eastern Hussars with Western Infantry.

Can I see the Westernisation Mission when I didn't discover Europe, or did I just mess up with the file? :(

How long after a war can you continue to move your troops through their territory?

Last edited:
I'm playing as event Leaders, does this affect when leaders die?

I am currently playing as Sweden in the Grand Campaign under a personal Union with Denmark, I've taken the necessary precautions to leave the Union once King Eric V has died, however fifty years have passed and the old goat still hasn't croaked I'm wondering, are the settings I'm playing under affecting his long reign?

I'm playing as event Leaders, does this affect when leaders die?

I am currently playing as Sweden in the Grand Campaign under a personal Union with Denmark, I've taken the necessary precautions to leave the Union once King Eric V has died, however fifty years have passed and the old goat still hasn't croaked I'm wondering, are the settings I'm playing under affecting his long reign?

That entirely depends on the events you are using. Also, be sure to distinguish between "leaders" and "rulers". The former means generals and admirals, that latter, kings and the like. For instance, I use leaders by event, but not rulers, which are handled the vanilla way. But I also kill conquistdors and explorers by event.

So the answer is not, which option you've chosen, but what you are using to implement that option.

Also note that there are some strange things about monarchs' lives, in the game. I don't know if anyone really understands what's going on. (Except Johan, and he ain't sayin').

Can I see the Westernisation Mission when I didn't discover Europe, or did I just mess up with the file? :(

If your nation is able to westernise the decision should be visible at the bottom of the list even if you don't actually qualify to enact the decision. Same with the unification decisions if your nation is the correct culture (although that generally won't be at the bottom of the list as it is an alphabetical list).

If your nation is able to westernise the decision should be visible at the bottom of the list even if you don't actually qualify to enact the decision. Same with the unification decisions if your nation is the correct culture (although that generally won't be at the bottom of the list as it is an alphabetical list).
So like playing as Japan I don't need to discover Europe?

Last edited:
I can't recruit admirals, generals, etc. Why?

I Have the gold and the tradition for both but there is no option, not even for conquistadors and explorers
Do you have diplomat's?...

And for New World, you need the special doctrine, I don't really remember... Also, you need a colonist to recruit a explorer or/and conquistadors.

Last edited:
View attachment 57426

Thanks in advance!

Did your sultan die? I was once at war with GH, then my sultan died, and i got a truce and 3 colonists got wasted.