• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Btw, do you know where the localization text for modifiers is? I was going to add a new modifier first but couldn't find where to put the descriptions. I see various files for events and other things but nothing for modifiers.
There is no specific location for any localisation text; it goes in whatever localisation file is most convenient (Paradox normally does a single file for each expansion or patch that adds new text).
Any new text you add would ideally be in a new file.
Just search all the localisation files for united_japan to see what the format looks like.

Can someone help me out what happened with France's inflation:

eu02.jpg

I've been in an eternal war with them (I'm playing with Portugal), because even when I had 10% to negotiate, they never accepted my proposals, even white peace. So, I'm doing a total (100%) blockade for years and years, because I have absolutely no chance invading them (I've like, 15k soldiers in total), and I don't even try. They have a huge army, but it is useless against me because it has no way to leave France. Their north-Africa colonies are controlled by be or by rebels.
I got tired of negotiating peace with them, and I just keep my navies there, while keeping playing as I wasn't in war, and this go on and on and on... (no war taxes= no war exaustion).

Sometimes I looked at the charts to see their inflation go high and income going low and smile, and eventually they started to ask for a white peace, but I has pissed with them, and it was my time to refuse. Then they asked me like, every month, and I refused. And now I was seeing the charts, and their inflation went way down, with no master of mint there...

Thanks

yeah, that was it, thanks! I wonder why... http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4241/eu01s.jpg :p

Once I was bankrupt and my armies had no-morale at all, and they loose every battle as soon as it started... but their armies have 50% morale. Maybe I took too long to notice (we should get a warning when our enemy gets bankrupt...), or maybe it's the normal way things work now, but it's funny because I still can't invade them :p , even with their 50% morale.

Now I don't know what to do... keep the blockade and the eternal war, or get over it :D

Now I don't know what to do... keep the blockade and the eternal war, or get over it :D
Whatever causes them to declare war on you, get rid of it. See what CB they have. After that they should leave you alone.
Maybe you should consider dissolving the alliance (if you have not done already) with England as it will drag you into war with France all the time.

It is impossible to annex the HRE Emperor? :)
I ask because in my Germany game i took all Austria and all they have is Wien. Now another war started and I occupy their ONLY territory but it seems impossible to annex them for good :)

It is impossible to annex the HRE Emperor? :)
I ask because in my Germany game i took all Austria and all they have is Wien. Now another war started and I occupy their ONLY territory but it seems impossible to annex them for good :)
Do you have a tooltip if you hover over the annex button? (which is probably greyed out) It may have some clue about the reason why you cannot annex them. Do you have 100% war score?
If I had to guess I'd say they may have other provinces you don't know about. In my games Austria often inherited German OPMs which can be hard to notice. Once they had a provice of a small island between the Italy corner and Greece, I forgot its name bit it was smaller then an army silhouette.

But than it is very well possible you cannot annex the emperor's nation if you are part of the Holy roman empire. When you occupy the territory try to dismantle the HRE in the HRE interface.

Can someone tell me how to post screenshots hidden behind that "show spoiler" thingie?
Also how to post a small screenshot which gets enlarged when you click on it (like in Eduardo's post above)?
Silly questions, but I was unable to find the answer alone.

Add before and after your image these tags: [*spoiler][/spoiler*] (without the *)
To add a small image that enlarges... ask someone else :(( I am not that smart

That's why it's best to dismantle the HRE.

Well in this case I guess that i will wait till the Austrian Emperor dies, since they don't have any more votes between HRE electors.
Also another question: If HRE has no members... what happens? :)

They are only 7 or 8 left and i have plans to annex them all.

Well in this case I guess that i will wait till the Austrian Emperor dies, since they don't have any more votes between HRE electors.
Also another question: If HRE has no members... what happens? :)

They are only 7 or 8 left and i have plans to annex them all.
Nothing happenes. You cannot annex the HRE emperor's nation while the HRE is still intact and if the monarc dies the new monarch will be the emperor. When you occupy all the Elector nations including the Emperor's capital you are able to dismantle it removing the emperor title from tha game and enabling the annexation. AFAIK.

Do buildings like Tax Assessors increase your base tax or do they just add a modifier?
Is base tax dependent on population?
What does the hint "Spain is not the Emperor" come from? Is it their historical meddling in the HRE?

Last edited:
What does the hint "Spain is not the Emperor" come from? Is it their historical meddling in the HRE?
It's one of the forum's inside jokes along with Ryukyu world domination, Dat [blobbed country] and "Can Poland into space"

Don't remember where it comes from though.

Do you know where the Ryukyu world domination and can Polan into space stuff came from?