• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
how did you guys get the start with ruykyu? I tried Brunei and the like , but they won't sign the peace with their fortless provinces stormed ...

How to inherit someone in your PU?

There is a chance to inherit when your ruler dies.

You MUST have positive prestige and relations with the target nation and they must be at peace to have any chance.

Infamy, diplomacy value of your heir, prestige, relations, relative size, and quite likely more factors have an effect on the chance to inherit as well as some random chance.

Does the AI cancel missions? Let's say it's stuck with a mission for 10-20 years?
Yes. I forget the exact time but they will cancel a mission after a certain number of years.

Ok, quick question here. In my current Brandenburg game I'm gathering the parts to form Prussia and currently only lack Ostepreussen. At this point the TO is only that province and the one just north of it. Imagine my surprise when I go to look at that area of the map and they ARE Prussia! (their requirements must have been a lot less stringent than mine.) At any rate, if I continue with my current plan to erase them from the map will I still be able to form Prussia later? Or did their doing it ruin it for me?

Ok, quick question here. In my current Brandenburg game I'm gathering the parts to form Prussia and currently only lack Ostepreussen. At this point the TO is only that province and the one just north of it. Imagine my surprise when I go to look at that area of the map and they ARE Prussia! (their requirements must have been a lot less stringent than mine.) At any rate, if I continue with my current plan to erase them from the map will I still be able to form Prussia later? Or did their doing it ruin it for me?

T.O. just has to live until the protestant reformation event fires to be able to reform into Prussia. Once you eliminate them you will once again have the decision available as it requires that Prussia not currently exist.

I took a look at the ledger's nation comparison page and half of the nations have 70-90 trade efficiency and 50-80 production eff while I (at the same lvl of tech) have onoly 53 trade and 42 prod Eff.
They are not using specific advisors either. How are they doing it?

I took a look at the ledger's nation comparison page and half of the nations have 70-90 trade efficiency and 50-80 production eff while I (at the same lvl of tech) have onoly 53 trade and 42 prod Eff.
They are not using specific advisors either. How are they doing it?

Sounds like buildings to me.

Im sure this has been asked before, but im sorry im not trawling through 400+ pages! When westrnising you need to be next to a country that is western and is 20 techs ahead.

Is this 20 techs ahead in one field, say im on land 10 and them 30?

or is it a combination of all the techs. Say all there techs add up to 60 when combined and mine 40?

Please please please be the latter......

Im sure this has been asked before, but im sorry im not trawling through 400+ pages! When westrnising you need to be next to a country that is western and is 20 techs ahead.

Is this 20 techs ahead in one field, say im on land 10 and them 30?

or is it a combination of all the techs. Say all there techs add up to 60 when combined and mine 40?

Please please please be the latter......

It's the total difference for all techs.

I'm playing as Scotland. I have the same tech levels as england, my leaders are just about as good as theirs, some better some worse.

I get into a battle and my numbers almost cut down by half within the first second, regardless of what happenes. I'm defending in my capital, with a March a level 2 fort, and improved fortifications event... still they just desimate me with NO significantly better generals and the same tech level.

Ontop of that my troops REFUSE to reinforce. I will sit for months in my darned capital and they will not gain a single new soldier

I do not know what is going on!

Also, how does the computer always manage to get an amazing white peace with EVERYONE they are at war with the moment I DOW on them... I see the enemy occupying london, DOW... instant white peace between england and her enemies.

I'm playing as Scotland. I have the same tech levels as england, my leaders are just about as good as theirs, some better some worse.

I get into a battle and my numbers almost cut down by half within the first second, regardless of what happenes. I'm defending in my capital, with a March a level 2 fort, and improved fortifications event... still they just desimate me with NO significantly better generals and the same tech level.

Ontop of that my troops REFUSE to reinforce. I will sit for months in my darned capital and they will not gain a single new soldier
Sounds like land maintenance slider is at minimum. This gives -2 morale compared to full maintenance (HUGE penalty at the start of the game) and no reinforcement regardless of how much manpower you have.