• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I already posted this on Steam forum but there is not much life around those parts. So I try my luck here.
Take a lookt at this picure if you will.
http://i45.tinypic.com/etgkex.jpg
Notice the blurred texts of the unit types in the army panel. I have the same in recruitment panel. If someone would be so nice to at least point me in a direction of a topic which already has such problem mentioned in it, I would be glad. If its a simple matter can be solved easily, a simple answer would be even better. Thank you.

Support info:
Config: AMD A83870 CPU (4core) with integrated HD6650 512MB VGA in it, Crossfired with HD6670 1GB
Options: 1920*1080 at full graphical options, fullscreened on an LG 22'
Lowering resolutions does not help, neither window mode.

Quick question:
My gold income is 8.3
my Tax, production, trade and gold income combined is 43
I've red this page http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Minting#Causes_of_inflation about inflation and it says I only get inflation of my gold income is greater than 40% of total. Its not. But I'm stil getting inflation and its over 9% already. I have national banking and master of mint advisor (5star). What do I miss?

Quick question:
My gold income is 8.3
my Tax, production, trade and gold income combined is 43
I've red this page http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Minting#Causes_of_inflation about inflation and it says I only get inflation of my gold income is greater than 40% of total. Its not. But I'm stil getting inflation and its over 9% already. I have national banking and master of mint advisor (5star). What do I miss?
You only get inflation from gold mines if gold income is greater than 40%. You can get inflation from other sources (events and minting).

You only get inflation from gold mines if gold income is greater than 40%. You can get inflation from other sources (events and minting).
Thank you but that wasn't very informative.
Strangly enogh like 20 years later the inflation started to go lower. nothing changed that I noticed.
nvm

here is another one:
I started a game with Hungary and had a quest to subjugate a small one province nation on the Coratian shore. They had an alliance with Aqileia. I though I can bear a war with them but after the war started Norway, Sweden, Denmark has joind in against me. one day later Poland and even Austria which I had royal marriage with, joined as well. So basicly I was in war with EVERYONE around me. I figuerd out Aqialia was allied with Denmark Norway and Sweeden. Denmark was allied with Poland. Poland was allied with Austria. And every day I recieved a DoW. From all of them.
Thats ...not realy realistic or is it?

Thank you but that wasn't very informative.
Strangly enogh like 20 years later the inflation started to go lower. nothing changed that I noticed.
Do you see the Treasury slider? If you push it over to the right you should see your monthly income increasing, but that venue of obtaining money is inflationary (the tool-tip says how much you are accumulating).

Do you see the Treasury slider? If you push it over to the right you should see your monthly income increasing, but that venue of obtaining money is inflationary (the tool-tip says how much you are accumulating).
And thats a score. I have not noticed that before.
Thank you for the headsup.

here is another one:
I started a game with Hungary and had a quest to subjugate a small one province nation on the Coratian shore. They had an alliance with Aqileia. I though I can bear a war with them but after the war started Norway, Sweden, Denmark has joind in against me. one day later Poland and even Austria which I had royal marriage with, joined as well. So basicly I was in war with EVERYONE around me. I figuerd out Aqialia was allied with Denmark Norway and Sweeden. Denmark was allied with Poland. Poland was allied with Austria. And every day I recieved a DoW. From all of them.
Thats ...not realy realistic or is it?

that would be the wonderful system of cascading alliances which could bring half of the world against when you DoW a tiny OPM just in the backyard of your country - I attacked Tripoli as Utrecht yesterday and the war leaders on the defenders' side changed something like this: Tripoli > Karaman > Hedjaz > Morocco > Algiers > Mamluks > Ottomans. in the end I was at war with all the aforementioned ones...

according to Johan though this will be changed in the upcoming 5.2 patch with the war leader will be able to be changed once in a war.

I wish to let a horde nation (Qara Koyunlu) revolt from me so I can have a surrounded horde for extra colonists.
Question is: will they become a horde or just some plain tribal government? The provincese have allready been converted to catholic if that makes a difference (catholic horde would be awsome :) ).
EDIT: never mind, just got lucky and nationalist rebels spawned, now I have a catholic horde indeed

Last edited:
Ontop of that, i think that most of my income still comes from Taxes and production as even though im free trade most of my trade income comes is from three Cots within my territory, as its difficult to compete in Europe. Would the trade efficiency bonus still be preferable for future inhouse trade expansion?

Currently own all of africa minus Mutapa, Adal and Ethiopia

How does one increase the trade value of a COT? I'm England, I have a mission to control my trade. I am currently trading thru Antwerpen worth 640.It needs to become 800 so I can create new COT.

On a related note My Colonies in New World are trading thru Andalucia, eventhough I am Embargoed by Castille. Why don't they trade thru Antwerpen?