• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
True, what is colonial conquest cb, something like 0.8 per province anyway. And if you are European (or just not primitive) then its unlikely that you would fight them and only be able to take a couple of their provinces.

Can someone explain the effects of having people in your sphere of influence please?
+0.05 magistrates per year and +1 diplomatic skill.
Plus you get a call to arms if someone attacks them (with no penalty if you reject it) and a CB on anyone that sends them a diplomatic offer (or something like that).

With the 5.1 Patch, there are new mapmodes, one of which is technology mapmode. You can hover over a country in this mapmode and the tooltip in the bottom right corner will show you thier tech.

Interesting, thanks. Is there any economic or trade effect?
No, just diplomatic.
Also, how can I check other country's tech levels compared to mine (In DW)?
Besides the new mapmode, there's a ledger page listing everyone's tech levels (or maybe only the countries that you have discovered). Also, if you click on one of a country's provinces their land and naval tech is shown in the province view.

Can pretender rebels get you out of vassalization (or PU-s at least)?
If they do, is there any way to provoke their spawning?

PU's, yes, but not vassalization.

IDK of any way to specifically aim for pretenders, but WE is a good way to get surplus revolts (if you can get into wars). Attrition might help too.

I'm playing as one of the Japanese factions and it seems that every time I win a battle against the Ming, my war exhaustion goes up more than theirs does. Why is that?
You are probably losing a higher proportion of your total army (or forcelimit or manpower, I don't recall which) in each battle even though you won.

Can pretender rebels get you out of vassalization (or PU-s at least)?
If they do, is there any way to provoke their spawning?

Centralizing has a 33% chance of spawning pretender rebels. Please note that using this method to break a PU costs a lot of prestige and legitimacy.

I just realized I was over my forcelimit by three units. Would that matter?

That means you're spending twice as much on the upkeep of those three units. If you can afford it, because you're playing a rich country like Holland or Venice, that's no big deal. If you're having to mint enough to get inflation to keep positive yearly, definitely disband those three.

That means you're spending twice as much on the upkeep of those three units.
Not exactly. Being over the forcelimit means all your units cost more to maintain by whatever proportion you are over the limit.
If you can afford it, because you're playing a rich country like Holland or Venice, that's no big deal. If you're having to mint enough to get inflation to keep positive yearly, definitely disband those three.
True.

National Focus:If I move it will the provinces I have enacted Settlement Policy in remain with that decision?
Yes they will, but the chance of the event happening will be reduced if the province is no longer in your National Focus. (By 25%, if I remember correctly, so 50 years instead of 37 years on average)