• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When it comes to colonial empires, I see people state that this or that province is a good one to place a CoT in. What determines whether a province is a suitable place for a CoT or not?

Thanks in advance!

But, I also noticed that other countries are unlikely to do royal marriage with me, it is affected by sex of my monarch somehow?
¨

The sex of the monarch should not affect stuff like that :) it could be something else.

When it comes to colonial empires, I see people state that this or that province is a good one to place a CoT in. What determines whether a province is a suitable place for a CoT or not?

Thanks in advance!

At least it should be in a province that can absorb alot of goods from other COT's, usually by your COT being the closest one. That way it will have more value. Putting a COT in Manhattan is for example not very smart when you only have/plan to have colonies south of it as some provinces will be very far away. You should also of course think of places easy to defend.

I am asking about conditions.

It must have less than 1000 population. If you stand your army on top of it and occupy the province you should be able to seize it for 1 infamy.

Greets!
Is there any way I can remove the Neigbour bonus from the game? I did a sweep in the txt files in commons folder but could not find any variable on this.
Did you search for the word "neighbour"?
Code:
	0.2	#_CDEF_NEIGHBOURBONUS_
	100	#_CDEF_NEIGHBOURBONUS_CAP_
Changing the 0.2 to 0 might do it.

¨
It must have less than 1000 population.
You can also "seize colony" on pagan-owned provinces regardless of population.

Last edited:
I asked how to remove the unlawful territory event from the game, and was told putting # next to it will stop it from firing. Unfortunately I have no idea what this means and I'm a horrible modder... I hate to ask, but can someone copy and paste it here...?

You can also "seize colony" on pagan-owned provinces regardless of population.
More broadly, when the religion is annex=yes (AKA primitive), I think.

Can someone please affirm my notice on tech research? I have like 25 provice as of now with England and I need 3363 tech point to lvl land tech from 4 to 5. Now I switch the game to Aachen who has one province and I see he need 985 tech point to lvl land tech 6 to 7.
So I udnertand the number of provice has direct effect on stability cost but it has on other tech cost as well. right?
I'm not sure how to compenstate this. Almost every EU nation has higher tech than me despite tha fact that I'm pumping maximum investment. Could it be the the number of provinces I have is not in equal manner with their developement lvl and my income is far to low to progress in tech?

Last edited:
Can someone please affirm my notice on tech research? I have like 25 provice as of now with England and I need 3363 tech point to lvl land tech from 4 to 5. Now I switch the game to Aachen who has one province and I see he need 985 tech point to lvl land tech 6 to 7.
So I udnertand the number of provice has direct effect on stability cost but it has on other tech cost as well. right?

THIS site is your friend.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on this 'unlawful territory' business if your in the HRE. I just vassalized Pommerania, got royal marriage and alliance and then a 200 in our relations. Will I be able to diplo annex them without the territory turning into a huge anchor around my neck? :huh:

All uncored HRE provinces give the unlawful territory malus. If you get the mission to diploannex them, it will only amount to .25 infamy a year, as long as you're still in the HRE. If you aren't, you can just remove the territories as soon as you get them, provided your relations with the emperor are low enough.

I'm still a bit fuzzy on this 'unlawful territory' business if your in the HRE. I just vassalized Pommerania, got royal marriage and alliance and then a 200 in our relations. Will I be able to diplo annex them without the territory turning into a huge anchor around my neck? :huh:
If you get the diploannex mission in the 5.2 beta you get two cores assuming two provinces are adjacent to your existing provincees.