• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can I prevent my ships from getting lost? (In late 1400s) I lost lots of ships in the Pacific Ocean. :D
Move through coasts. My favored way as a Northern European nation is Iceland-Greenland-Newfoundland-America
In South Europe Azores-Bermuda-America.

raq4wm.png

What level 5 and 6 buildings in that province (Capital)? I was thinking about governmnent buildings for spy defence but with Mint the boost would be so cool.. Do I really need this spy defence in late game? What do you think guys?

cannot declare war

Cannot declare war on Russia "because I have an alliance": but I don´t have one. If I try to enter an alliance the answer is "impossible". The option is valid (coloured in the list). Neither Russia or my country (GB) are at war. It has been like this for 100 years.
For some reason (a bug?) the information is a mix of me having an alliance and not having one. No fog of war but not on the list of allies for example.
I have not found any information on the forum concerning this problem.
Is it possible to find this in the save file for editing.

Yes, but its difficult to find the right information to change in the large save file.

Not sure what version of EU 3 you have, but this was a problem with an earlier patch. Russia was a big culprit for it. Essentially, the AI could call in players for Horde wars; if you acknowledged it, the war would never end, since the Hordes don't make proper peace deals. What you need to do is search in the save file for active wars -- do a search for RUS and you should find it soon enough -- and comment out (with a #) any wars which both you and Russia are shown as allies. If you get the most recent beta, it shouldn't happen any longer.

1. I can't annex 2 province Burgundy as my monster blob france even though I have 100% warscore and all land conquered. Why not?

I don't think you can annex if they are in a war with someone else and occupy some of their territory. You'll have to go to that province and retake from Burgundy.

I'm fairly sure this is correct but not 100%.

Why is invading Japan so difficult? I've heard of people who have conquered almost all of the world, but just couldn't conquer Japan.

Why is invading Japan so difficult? I've heard of people who have conquered almost all of the world, but just couldn't conquer Japan.

In the end it's the sheer amount of provinces in (DW) Japan that makes it a challenge. I can't even remember how many (has anyone here counted?) but it's a lot. And even if you have the best CB, it's going to take you a long time to nab everything, and that's on top of managing the rest of your empire.

In the end it's the sheer amount of provinces in (DW) Japan that makes it a challenge. I can't even remember how many (has anyone here counted?) but it's a lot. And even if you have the best CB, it's going to take you a long time to nab everything, and that's on top of managing the rest of your empire.

Either 39 or 40 I believe (counting Ryukyu which regularly gets gobbled). There is also some sort of issue with wiping them off the map if they haven't unified but I'm not real clear on what that one is.

The only place that even comes close on a province density measure is Germany/Low Countries and you can usually just unify the HRE for that mess.

What's the best way to expand within the HRE? Mass vassalizations, forcing PUs? Annexations are what, 8 points?

Become emperor, unify the HRE.

Best way to do that is vassalizing the electors. Barring that then yes, PUs/inheritance and following missions for cores.
Annexing is bad in that it's high infamy and without cores you run into the formal request/unlawful territory issue.

Become emperor, unify the HRE.

Best way to do that is vassalizing the electors. Barring that then yes, PUs/inheritance and following missions for cores.
Annexing is bad in that it's high infamy and without cores you run into the formal request/unlawful territory issue.

I don't want to form the HRE, I'm going to form Germany for role-playing reasons. Thanks for your answer

In Death and Taxes, why is there this thick line on the map in Georgia? I don't have Death And Taxes, but I've seen it in YT vids.