• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Being Emperor and being in the HRE are two separate things. There is no need to be in the Empire to be Emperor, just good relations with the electors (although there is a bonus to your election chance if you are in the Empire).

I must be missing something then. I have three Electors as Vassals, one with 200 relations, the other two 100+ relations, and they are all voting for someone else. Meanwhile France, who has one Elector Vassalized, is being sponsored for Emperor-ship by that vassal. Anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

I must be missing something then. I have three Electors as Vassals, one with 200 relations, the other two 100+ relations, and they are all voting for someone else. Meanwhile France, who has one Elector Vassalized, is being sponsored for Emperor-ship by that vassal. Anyone have any ideas what I'm missing?

You're a woman, and they can't be HRE.

HI, im playing as Sweden around 1500, in 1440 i managed to get France under personal union(I had alot of prestige after victorious wars against teutonic orders,bohemia and a second war against danmark, hansa, norway, to fronts and managed to win ;) And it took 50 years for my king Christian I to inherit the country.
Here is my question, should i wait to get cores, or relase them as my vassals?
Burgundy is big and HRE and i might have big troubels if they declare war against me since i have inferior landforce and only three vassals(Oldenburg,pommaria,Brandenburg. In Scandinavia im the only big power(Inherited norway) in the east novgorod has ceased to exist and is now ruled by khanat qasim. not a big threat to my one and only 26k army that defends my scandinavia.

You're a woman, and they can't be HRE.
Either that or a Republic.
Pretty sure that if you are not excluded from being Emperor by one of those your vassals will always vote for you.

I'm pretty sure if you have a ton of infamy and a lot of other negative modifiers your vassals/PU partners won't vote for you. I've had Brandenburg vote for me while still in a PU with Luxembourg, because they had -100 relations or so and we had 200.

Either that or a Republic.
Pretty sure that if you are not excluded from being Emperor by one of those your vassals will always vote for you.

You know, it never occurred to me that being a Republic would bar me being Emperor. D'oh! I CAN however, become a Republic Dictatorship. If I did that, would I be eligible, or do I need to be a Monarchy of some kind?

You know, it never occurred to me that being a Republic would bar me being Emperor. D'oh! I CAN however, become a Republic Dictatorship. If I did that, would I be eligible, or do I need to be a Monarchy of some kind?
Republican Dictatorship is still considered to be a republic. You need to actually be a monarchy.

HI, im playing as Sweden around 1500, in 1440 i managed to get France under personal union(I had alot of prestige after victorious wars against teutonic orders,bohemia and a second war against danmark, hansa, norway, to fronts and managed to win ;) And it took 50 years for my king Christian I to inherit the country.
Here is my question, should i wait to get cores, or relase them as my vassals?
Burgundy is big and HRE and i might have big troubels if they declare war against me since i have inferior landforce and only three vassals(Oldenburg,pommaria,Brandenburg. In Scandinavia im the only big power(Inherited norway) in the east novgorod has ceased to exist and is now ruled by khanat qasim. not a big threat to my one and only 26k army that defends my scandinavia.

I would wait for cores and fight the rebels away, but that's me. If you vassalised them and Burgundy has cores, then they might take out your vassals one by one. I'm not really an expert on France though so I can't really help you that much. Try to get better relations with Burgundy and HRE leader, make sure they have military access, so when they cancel it, it will warn you about possible war. Make sure none of the French provinces are in HRE influence or you'll get those nasty events.

Me again. Quick question--

In Chronicles, if I've been formally kicked out of the Emperor in the HRE more than a hundred years ago, can I still come back in if I move my capitol to a province of mine that's considered a HRE province (meaning it has the Magistrate option of 'Leave the HRE')?

The game will not allow you to move your capital to an HRE province from a non-HRE province or vice versa. What you can do is attempt the "join HRE" decision on your capital (but it must border a current HRE province to be enabled). To succeed you will need high relations with the current emperor and to be smaller than them. Alternatively, if you get elected emperor you can always choose to add your core provinces that border the empire.

So, no way to check previous dynasties?:(
Have you checked the ledger page listing your rulers? If not there, you'd probably need to look at the savegame file (which definitely does have this info saved).

I would wait for cores and fight the rebels away, but that's me. If you vassalised them and Burgundy has cores, then they might take out your vassals one by one. I'm not really an expert on France though so I can't really help you that much. Try to get better relations with Burgundy and HRE leader, make sure they have military access, so when they cancel it, it will warn you about possible war. Make sure none of the French provinces are in HRE influence or you'll get those nasty events.

Hmm intresting, i haven't decided yet what to do.
Please can someone more give me some advice, i would be mostly thankful :)

How can I prevent my ships from getting lost? (In late 1400s) I lost lots of ships in the Pacific Ocean. :D

Keep an eye on the ships' health % and attrition chance. Note that one factor affecting the attrition rate is length of time at sea so waiting until 50% is a good way to lose ships. I generally retreat the ships for repair in the 65-70% range, if not sooner. Also, spend as much time as possible in coastal zones instead of deep sea as the attrition rate is reduced (or eliminated if in range of a core port) in those zones. A slightly longer route is often worth it to have your navy repaired in a month instead of 3 or 4.