• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to play Europa Universalis III without Divine Wind after purchasing and installing it?

If you bought Chronicles, it is not possible to play any version other than Divine Wind.
If you didn't buy Chronicles and bought Divine Wind Separately, then you can't play HttT (the previous version) while Divine Wind is installed unless you have 2 separate installations of the game.

Me again. Quick question--

In Chronicles, if I've been formally kicked out of the Emperor in the HRE more than a hundred years ago, can I still come back in if I move my capitol to a province of mine that's considered a HRE province (meaning it has the Magistrate option of 'Leave the HRE')?

They have reduced (-50%) manpower but they do have it. And colonies still contribute for forcelimits.

But, but still after moving my capital average manopower for colony is 200. So after all I have 5k less manpower than having capital on mainland (which is poor in manpower as well).

BUT that -50% cut only base manpower or also manpower from buildings?

But, but still after moving my capital average manopower for colony is 200. So after all I have 5k less manpower than having capital on mainland (which is poor in manpower as well).

From my experience, only base manpower.

Can someone explain me how colonial tensions work? I had capital in america, usa cores spawned and I haven't colobial tensions. I had capital in europe, usa cores spawned and I haven't colonial tensions. So wtf?

Last edited:
Can someone explain me how colonial tensions work? I had capital in america, usa cores spawned and I haven't colobial tensions. I had capital in europe, usa cores spawned and I haven't colonial tensions. So wtf?
USA cores do appear no matter what you do. The other colonial events (events/colonial.txt) require is_overseas = yes:
Code:
province_event = {

id =  1420
	trigger = {
		year = 1750
		is_overseas = yes
		is_colony = no
		religion_group = christian
		owner = { religion_group = christian }
		NOT = { has_province_modifier = founding_father }
		NOT = { has_province_modifier = loyalist_stronghold }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 2000
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.95
			owner = { war = yes }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			owner = { has_country_flag = treat_colonials_harshly }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME1420"
	desc = "EVTDESC1420"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1420"
		ai_chance = {
			factor = 100
		}
		add_province_modifier = {
			name = "founding_father"
			duration = -1
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB1420"
		owner = { innovative_narrowminded = 1 serfdom_freesubjects = -1 }
		owner = { set_country_flag = treat_colonials_harshly }
	}

}

province_event = {

id =  1421
	trigger = {
		year = 1750
		is_colony = no
		is_overseas = yes
		owner = { has_country_flag = treat_colonials_harshly }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 2000
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.95
			owner = { war = yes }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME1421"
	desc = "EVTDESC1421"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1421"
		revolt_risk = 3
	}

}

province_event = {

id =  1422
	trigger = {
		year = 1750
		is_overseas = yes
		is_colony = no
		NOT = { has_province_modifier = founding_father }
		NOT = { has_province_modifier = loyalist_stronghold }
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 2000
	}

title = "EVTNAME1422"
	desc = "EVTDESC1422"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA1422"
		revolt_risk = 1
		ai_chance = {
			factor = 100
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = { owner = { treasury = 100 } }
			}
		}
		owner = { treasury = -100 }
		add_province_modifier = {
			name = "loyalist_stronghold"
			duration = -1
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB1422"
		colonial_rebels = 1
	}
}
The USA formation is more tricky. But if you choose diplomatic negotiation, you get a modifier that affects tariffs and overseas taxes (aka, not where you moved your capital) and the American revolution stops.

But I can also avoid it if I don't get american revolution flag. So, can anyone tell me what for I will get American Revolution modifier?

edit: Also I can avoid it by removing USA core (Dunno why they call USA "america"..).

Last edited:
I'm playing as Brandernburg and started with the Grand Campaign. I annexed some regions but it says "Unlawful territory" and gives me infamy and increases the chance of revolts...How can I fix this?

I'm playing as Brandernburg and started with the Grand Campaign. I annexed some regions but it says "Unlawful territory" and gives me infamy and increases the chance of revolts...How can I fix this?

Unlawful territory happens when you are in the HRE and own a province you do not have a core on and that is also part of the HRE. You can release it, which will remove the flag. Next time, you should strive for a CB that gains you a core before you declare war.

Unlawful territory happens when you are in the HRE and own a province you do not have a core on and that is also part of the HRE. You can release it, which will remove the flag. Next time, you should strive for a CB that gains you a core before you declare war.

That's bad. :( If I wait 50 years, then will they be core provinces? (I recall something like that)

Me again. Quick question--

In Chronicles, if I've been formally kicked out of the Emperor in the HRE more than a hundred years ago, can I still come back in if I move my capitol to a province of mine that's considered a HRE province (meaning it has the Magistrate option of 'Leave the HRE')?
Being Emperor and being in the HRE are two separate things. There is no need to be in the Empire to be Emperor, just good relations with the electors (although there is a bonus to your election chance if you are in the Empire).

% manpower modifiers all add together and multiply by the base. I think buildings that add a fixed amount of manpower are added to the base before the % modifiers are applied so their benefits would also be reduced overseas. The -50% by itself might not be a huge problem but if you're also naval and quality on your policy sliders those add more negative modifiers.

I'm playing as Brandenburg. (started in 1399) I wanted to unite all the German states which are members of HRE. I'm slowly eliminating them but I have a question, when I eliminate all of them, is there going to be something special?