• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay, thanks every one. Why is it that tobacco and coffee are the best? In my game, coffee and tobacco are each worth about 9-10d. Fur is worth 25d. This is without trade buildings. Wouldn't it make sense to put the trade buildings in fur provinces?

Okay, thanks every one. Why is it that tobacco and coffee are the best? In my game, coffee and tobacco are each worth about 9-10d. Fur is worth 25d. This is without trade buildings. Wouldn't it make sense to put the trade buildings in fur provinces?
What year is it?
It is always worth, more or less, to put trade buildings in fur provinces, what is not worth and it will never be worth is to put marketplaces in gold provinces.

Atm it looks like that -

And only Netherlands overcome me in income. However I am yellow on tech map. Year 1610. So my trade income is biggest, shoudn't I increase my trade efficiency then? Over production? I am at full free trade because I chosen colonial path, not conqueror.

it will never be worth is to put marketplaces in gold provinces.
Having docks and counting houses to boost productivity won't help either, from what I've seen - it boosts productivity in any other kind of province, but with gold, it looks like a fixed amount - at least one that isn't modified by such buildings.

Castios: Indeed, when you'll get to trade lvl 6 buildings, put plenty of them, since obviously you earn far more for every Trade % than for any Production %. And boost Trade tech research more than Production - though a bit of production, if only to get buildings unlocked, is always nice.

I am just thinking if it still be possible for me to gain that much from trade without picking trade NIs. Probably later in game I will gain a bit more from production and a bit less from trade. But we will see..

Some new questions - How to deal with USA rebels (and any new world nation rebels)? Since I will have whole NA it will be painful for me. Anyone knows on how big chunk provinces USA will gain cores? And when?

Atm it looks like that -

And only Netherlands overcome me in income. However I am yellow on tech map. Year 1610. So my trade income is biggest, shoudn't I increase my trade efficiency then? Over production? I am at full free trade because I chosen colonial path, not conqueror.
Yes, trade efficiency first.
The full free trade...
L0VIZl.png
uRwBxl.png

This is mercantilism.

Mercantilism is not just for conquerors, it's for everyone which will dominate a significant amount of provinces and a significant amount of trade value.
Mecklenburg is the free trader which is always laughing at me though I have the income of 15 slots and 18 slots respectively.

Anyway, investment in Trade Efficiency is a good investment in all situations

Some new questions - How to deal with USA rebels (and any new world nation rebels)? Since I will have whole NA it will be painful for me. Anyone knows on how big chunk provinces USA will gain cores? And when?
After 1750 some events will pop up, and you will know that colonial rebels shouldn't be too far off. Personally, I intend to deal with them moving my capital to North America before 1750.

I intend to deal with them moving my capital to North America before 1750.

How it can help? Should I do it as GB?:)

Yes, trade efficiency first.
Mercantilism is not just for conquerors, it's for everyone which will dominate a significant amount of provinces and a significant amount of trade value.
Mecklenburg is the free trader which is always laughing at me though I have the income of 15 slots and 18 slots respectively.

Anyway, investment in Trade Efficiency is a good investment in all situations

Does Mercantilism affect how big value I will suck from my own cot? Or it depends from efficiency?

I have 2700 value cot so I will regret so much that I am free trader if it depends from Merchantilism..

How it can help? Should I do it as GB?:)
The events that start the colonial revolution require the province to be overseas.

Does Mercantilism affect how big value I will suck from my own cot? Or it depends from efficiency?
It depends from trade efficiency. What mercantilism does is to give you 150% compete chance if you control 100% of the trade value, which means you can easily have and keep 99% compete chance, thus creating those big monopolies.
EDIT: On the other hand, you'd have to pass competing in European CoTs you don't own.

Also, a great place to build production levels are CoT provinces. They generate a lot of tax, and if you help them with production buildings the more tax they will generate.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot. So I guess I will have to move my capital to Manhattan and see British Europe. :( Any idea how I can avoid losing buildings on my provinces around London (It must seperated)? England rebelled from Spain in one of carribs provinces, so maybe I can declare war on them, give them those provinces as peace demand and then reconquer it? It will save my buildings?:)

Next question

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Sickness_of_$MONARCHTITLE$

I had this event 3 times in the 44 years timeframe. Got +3 Decentralization for free. Anyone can explain how this event works and how to avoid it?

Thanks a lot. So I guess I will have to move my capital to Manhattan and see British Europe. :( Any idea how I can avoid losing buildings on my provinces around London (It must seperated)? England rebelled from Spain in one of carribs provinces, so maybe I can declare war on them, give them those provinces as peace demand and then reconquer it? It will save my buildings?:)
You can change your capital to any piece of land that is on the same continent, without need to be separated. Can you post the world map? (F12)
And answering your question, that would save your buildings, except for the level 5 and 6 buildings.

I had this event 3 times in the 44 years timeframe. Got +3 Decentralization for free. Anyone can explain how this event works and how to avoid it?
You just got bad luck I guess. I don't know if it pays off to choose decentralisation though.

Mp game.

Canaries is owned by England as I said and I don't have core there. I think I will use my little trick instead, the double 4 stab hit is too much.

This is how my income will look after moving capital to NA and changing viceroys into national trade policy.

Also I got 5k less manpower hit, but it's nothing.

Last edited:
I am asking about average best size for nation to get best performance. Or there is just no limit and everything depends of how good you are at developing your territories.
Basically bigger is better. This is more true later in the game than earlier though since at the start you don't have all the buildings available that increase the value of each province. While a smaller country can have a lot of money and high tech because of trade income, the lack of manpower and forcelimits would eventually defeat them when competing with intelligent opponents (as opposed to the AI).

Colonies have no manpower. And I am talking about colonies atm.
They have reduced (-50%) manpower but they do have it. And colonies still contribute for forcelimits.

Is it possible to play Europa Universalis III without Divine Wind after purchasing and installing it?