• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haha well I thought 12.2 ducats was amazing for 1.0 supply at 1,025 population! :)
Overseas provinces always have 1.0 supply.

Yes, I am. Will leaving the trade league solve my problems?
I usually change to a trade league with a CoT which stays farther away from my colonies (Novgorod). If that still doesn't work, yes, leaving the trade group is the only way to solve your problem.

If I were to culture shift. Is it a single culture that needs to be dominant or is it a different culture group that becomes dominant?
"dominant culture" means that culture is present in more of your provinces than any other. Culture shift means your dominant culture also becomes your primary culture.

"dominant culture" means that culture is present in more of your provinces than any other. Culture shift means your dominant culture also becomes your primary culture.

And my dominant culture is a specific culture such as Catalan rather than a Culture Group like Iberian. This seems to make it a lot more difficult to Culture shift without purposely selling/releasing quite a few of my provinces.

As France, I declared war on Pisa with Excommunicated Ruler as my CB. Through the cascading alliances, the Papal State actually ended up joining the war, but AGAINST me (together with Milan, Aquilea, Modena, etc). Is this supposed to happen? Shouldn't the Papal State be happy that I'm actually going into war with an excommunicated ruler?

As France, I declared war on Pisa with Excommunicated Ruler as my CB. Through the cascading alliances, the Papal State actually ended up joining the war, but AGAINST me (together with Milan, Aquilea, Modena, etc). Is this supposed to happen? Shouldn't the Papal State be happy that I'm actually going into war with an excommunicated ruler?

The type of CB used has no effect on whether or not they honour the alliance. If youre playing with the newest beta the war leader can only switch once which reduces the silliness with countries on the other side of the world ending up being the war leader etc.

Concerning Strategic Resources:

If I have the same number of merchants in the same CoTs, and the CoTs have not lost any provinces, then how can I gain and lose the "Trading in ... " affect? It keeps happening to me.

Is it that the trade values are modified by province improvements that other countries are building.

Concerning Strategic Resources:

If I have the same number of merchants in the same CoTs, and the CoTs have not lost any provinces, then how can I gain and lose the "Trading in ... " affect? It keeps happening to me.

Is it that the trade values are modified by province improvements that other countries are building.
Other COTs/traders could be gaining provinces/merchants. This is especially true when new colonies are being created and "new" COTs are being discovered by others.

Oh... Wow I feel retarded. Because obviously trade goods exist in more than one CoT. :(

Thanks for the answer though!

I am the Papal State, owning Italy from Malta to Ferrara. I am currently at war with Milan and have completely besieged them. HRE Austria has the mission to take Brescia/Verona/Cremona, but I definitely don't want Austria to get any stronger. However, I am not capable of fighting them off yet. Austria can easily swoop in and take those provinces from Milan if it DoWs and I really don't want that to happen. Would it be wise for me to take those 3 provinces instead, or would Austria then attack and destroy me?

I am the Papal State, owning Italy from Malta to Ferrara. I am currently at war with Milan and have completely besieged them. HRE Austria has the mission to take Brescia/Verona/Cremona, but I definitely don't want Austria to get any stronger. However, I am not capable of fighting them off yet. Austria can easily swoop in and take those provinces from Milan if it DoWs and I really don't want that to happen. Would it be wise for me to take those 3 provinces instead, or would Austria then attack and destroy me?

Austria will attack you eventually if you take them. There are ways to delay them (give mil access, powerful allies, etc.) but at some point in time they will come calling on whoever owns those provinces.

so im playing france and i just inherited castille, i want ille-de-france to become a super COT by controlling my super empire but as it seems i cant destroy andalucia cuz it has a value of 600 and not less then 500, suggestions on how to decrease its value/another way to close it?

so im playing france and i just inherited castille, i want ille-de-france to become a super COT by controlling my super empire but as it seems i cant destroy andalucia cuz it has a value of 600 and not less then 500, suggestions on how to decrease its value/another way to close it?
Let it revolt, embargo the new owner, and reconquer it, then instantly destroy the cot.

You could also try embargoing everyone who trades there and removing all your merchants too.

Why do my king die all the time ?

I play as England in 1 january 1409 with Henry V crowned king last year. But everytime I restart my savegame in january he dies. I do have him as general but he should not die everytime I reload?

If you annex a nation then release them do they remain as the Tech level they were previously or advance to yours?

Otherwise, what ways are their to bring a nation up to your level for use as a useful vassal rather then some backwater one?

I'm sure this has probably been answered before, but I'm at wits end trying to figure this out:

I'm trying to move my capitol from London (as Great Britain) to the New World in North America. I had my focus there, it was surrounded by cores (and was a core), I had enough money...It was inland though. Does it need to be on a coast? I don't even know for certain. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.