• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably not the kind of question this thread was made for, but I don't know if I want to paint the northwestern Mediterranean coast light pink or light blue.

There really isn't much of a bonus to forming Sardinia-Piedmont, but I do enjoy the color.

On the other hand, there is a certain appeal to painting huge swaths of the countryside pink.

Well, I don't know what kind of answer you want, but I think the SP color is superior of all the country colors.

Nope for your nope.

Can I inherit a vassal?

I don't really see why not, but I haven't actually seen it happen so I thought I'd ask.

You can, I did inherited moldavia as poland. You need to be lucky, have higher prestige, and they need to have no heir.

The most reliable way probably is to inherit an elector. You would then inherit the title. If there aren't enough electors (some were annexed) the emperor can pick a new one, but it wouldn't be guaranteed to be you.

If you ally emperor, and pissoff all possible HRE nations, with emperor on his side, then you annex elector, you are most likely guaranteed. I mean if emperor is enemy of all hre nations, and you are his only friend... well what is his choice?

Nope for your nope.

You can, I did inherited moldavia as poland. You need to be lucky, have higher prestige, and they need to have no heir.

If you ally emperor, and pissoff all possible HRE nations, with emperor on his side, then you annex elector, you are most likely guaranteed. I mean if emperor is enemy of all hre nations, and you are his only friend... well what is his choice?

Except that then Moldavia was your personal union and not your vassal? Since you can't inherit a vassal? >_>

If you inherit an elector, you only inherit their seat if you're a member of the HRE. As England, I inherited Bohemia and got diddly for it.

What bonuses do Rome Reborn give again? I only remember +2% prestige

It doesn't give magistrates right?

Looks like it adds prestige, a bonus to national tax modifier, and a penalty to infamy. Here's the code:

Code:
rome_reborn = {
	prestige = 0.02
	global_tax_modifier = 0.05
	badboy = -0.01
	icon = 3
}

If you form the HRE as Bohemia (or any country not German cultured), will your primary culture stay czech? Or will it change to some random German culture? And if it stays Czech, will you still tolerate all German cultures?

I took a look at the code; there is nothing to indicate a mandatory culture shift or any other alterations to culture. Therefore, if you tolerated German prior to the unification, you will afterwards. If you didn't, you won't.

I got the mission to Vassalise Burgundy as France.

I got all the conditions, relations at 200, Diplomacy rate (through SOI) at 16, Prestige 82, Legitimacy 96, Infamy 1.8, but the chance is 'unlikely'. They don't trust us very much. (Why? I never broke a treaty with them, only attacked them with valid CB's in the past :)

They have 3 provinces left.

Is there anything I can do to improve my chances?

(The bonus is -2 Infamy)

I got the mission to Vassalise Burgundy as France.

I got all the conditions, relations at 200, Diplomacy rate (through SOI) at 16, Prestige 82, Legitimacy 96, Infamy 1.8, but the chance is 'unlikely'. They don't trust us very much. (Why? I never broke a treaty with them, only attacked them with valid CB's in the past :)

They have 3 provinces left.

Is there anything I can do to improve my chances?

(The bonus is -2 Infamy)

Just dow them, vassalization cost will be 0 infamy if you use subjugation causus belli.

No, they were my vassal. You can inherit vassal if you are married with them, and they have no heir when their heir dies. But there is also a chance you will just get your dynasty spawned there.

To clarify - you can inherit a vassal, just like you can technically inherit any country. You need a royal marriage and they need to not have an heir. It's pretty unlikely, though it's a bit more likely with vassals since they can only get a royal marriage with you.

I just noticed an army going into the red in the upper right drop down list, indicating supply problems.

When I inspected the army, it appeared that my vassal Mantua, which had previously acquired Parma, had lost Parma and Parma had re-appeared as a new country.

It cannot have been a revolution, because my army had been there all the time and wasn't involved in any combat, can it?

What could have triggered Mantua to release Parma, and how could I have noticed the signs in time to do something about it?

I just noticed an army going into the red in the upper right drop down list, indicating supply problems.

When I inspected the army, it appeared that my vassal Mantua, which had previously acquired Parma, had lost Parma and Parma had re-appeared as a new country.

It cannot have been a revolution, because my army had been there all the time and wasn't involved in any combat, can it?

What could have triggered Mantua to release Parma, and how could I have noticed the signs in time to do something about it?

Maybe Mantua didn't have a core there and so the Emperor forced them to release Parma.

hey everyone.

Is there a way to make it so that small French minors - such as Avignon, Foix, Orleans, Brittany, etc. - can't be coughed up by France after their inevitable swallow? It's not like that in WWII Germany proposed the peace deal after the invasion, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. We also want you to release Orleans as its own city-state. Oh, and Foix too."

So, if France diplo-annexes Orleans, is there any way I can mod the game where Orleans cannot rebel or be released in a peace treaty? Same with all other French minors.

hey everyone.

Is there a way to make it so that small French minors - such as Avignon, Foix, Orleans, Brittany, etc. - can't be coughed up by France after their inevitable swallow? It's not like that in WWII Germany proposed the peace deal after the invasion, "Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. We also want you to release Orleans as its own city-state. Oh, and Foix too."

So, if France diplo-annexes Orleans, is there any way I can mod the game where Orleans cannot rebel or be released in a peace treaty? Same with all other French minors.

I think this is possible (but I'm no modder). I am pretty sure that in Death and Taxes the big countries (France, England) get rid of the minor state's cores.