• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How close to your land force limit do you have built during peace?

Well... best is to have forces over the forcelimit by a little, so others fear you. But during peace, keep the MAINTENANCE low.

Maybe I was daydreaming? No, seriously I am pretty sure it did happened.

Edit:
I remember my reaction was like:
Come on, now when I have cores on each province?

Seriously, i dunno, but try repeating it.

I once had some crazy event where my monarch got possesed by evil forces and he killed his heir. Few years later another event where I had a choice if he will eat himself to death or smt like that. I killed him and got a modifier "delivered from evil". I was playing Muscowy, the weirdest expiriance with EU3 so far. Don't know if it's related, but before that I had that stupid comet event and chose "It's an omen" for the first and only time...

I have searched a list of events in eu3 wiki but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what was this event?
You'd probably need to quote some of the actual event text for us to identify it.

That's an interesting event series, though.
Yes, there's some funny stuff in those dynasty events.

Some time ago I was playing England->France->HRE. I did found east indian trade company. After some years later interesting event popped up. I was finishing WC so did not read carefully but it was like:

We have east indian trade company so long!
A: We are awesome! Lets take it all! (get cores on every province in india region)
B: Wut? Stop smoking this shit! (-5 prestige or something like that)

I have searched a list of events in eu3 wiki but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what was this event?
I had that event. It doesn't give you cores on every province in India Region - only those that border your own provinces. The wiki has it, but I can't recall the name right now.

I had that event. It doesn't give you cores on every province in India Region - only those that border your own provinces. The wiki has it, but I can't recall the name right now.
Expanding Influence. And it only gives cores on provinces adjacent to one of your cores (the alternative is losing a chunk of trade tech investment).

Newbie here.. Can you tell me how to colonize/annex hordes.? I have searched anyway.. They just tell me to colonize it.. But I don't found any colonization button in the game.. A screenshot will be gladly appreciated.. Thanks..
EU3: Divine Wind v5.1 official patch..

Here and there I read that you can influence cardinals. How does that work? Is it just the Papal Influence + number of provinces? Or is there anything else you can do?

When does it make sense to split CoTs? My CoT in Lisboa is nearing 3000 in value, do I just leave it be? Is there anything like a CoT having to many provinces connected to it?

Newbie here.. Can you tell me how to colonize/annex hordes.? I have searched anyway.. They just tell me to colonize it.. But I don't found any colonization button in the game.. A screenshot will be gladly appreciated.. Thanks..
EU3: Divine Wind v5.1 official patch..

When you're at war with a horde (you have to border them and the war will start automatically) you need to send your troops into their territory. Once you've occupied a province that belongs to the horde, you can send colonists there. Each colonist will increase the colony size by 100 (or 200/300/400 depending on your settings). Once colony size hits 1000 the province becomes yours. Be careful though, horde troops can burn your colony which will make you have to start all over again.

When you're at war with a horde (you have to border them and the war will start automatically) you need to send your troops into their territory. Once you've occupied a province that belongs to the horde, you can send colonists there. Each colonist will increase the colony size by 100 (or 200/300/400 depending on your settings). Once colony size hits 1000 the province becomes yours. Be careful though, horde troops can burn your colony which will make you have to start all over again.

Screenshot.?

(..) When does it make sense to split CoTs? My CoT in Lisboa is nearing 3000 in value, do I just leave it be? Is there anything like a CoT having to many provinces connected to it?

With over 3000 value there are a lot of provinces trading through it. If you do nothing, it is quite likely that a CoT will spawn where you do not want it to be (e.g. in an inland province or in a province that is not yours!). So yes indeed, you should build a new CoT.

I'm trying to form Italy as Naples. The way Naples (and a lot of Italian nations) sliders are positioned, Naples doesn't make a lot of money. I have to mint a lot to break even and now I have 10% inflation. I don't have any mercenaries, and I've never went over my force limits. Naples is too mercantilistic to stay in any CoT for more than a month, so trading pretty much makes me break even. My tech rate is now equal to that of the Muslim factions. What do I do? The economy is a game-breaker.

tl;dr - Naples is poor and can't trade well. What do I do?

Also, is there a way I can just mod out the Unlawful Territory part of the game? I've had a positive infamy rate from it for like thirty years and I'm about to break the limit despite being at peace for thirty years. I think it's straight up stupid and detracts from the fun.

leaders administrative skills can someone tell me if we can impact this? can we impact at all the types of leader traits we will be getting in our new leaders?

If you're a monarchy you just have to be lucky. If you're a republic you can choose if you want a military, diplomatic or administrative candidate - each has a high stat in his own field.