• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are some other factors to consider beyond the obvious of how long will this building take to pay for itself.

1) multipliers-that 1/year can easily turn into 3+/year with modifiers
Just to start with, anything that affects tax also directly affects census tax so that's double the return on any tax building in a core province. And if you have a workshop you must also already have a constable which gives +25% to census tax.

Aragon is leading personal unions with Burgundy and some other country. How can I cut their ties? Would funding a Pretender in Aragon do the job?

France is allied with me and Aragon. If I declare war on Aragon, will France always join Aragon? Or do I have a chance to get France on my side?

Aragon is leading personal unions with Burgundy and some other country. How can I cut their ties? Would funding a Pretender in Aragon do the job?

France is allied with me and Aragon. If I declare war on Aragon, will France always join Aragon? Or do I have a chance to get France on my side?

The only way to cut ties in a PU that you aren't part of is to beat the senior partner (Aragon) so badly that they don't have the prestige to keep it up.

The AI always honors defensive alliances before offensive alliances. Now, if it's something less, like a defender of the faith, sphere, or guarantee, you've got a shot.

I'm pretty sure a successful pretender is your only option to "quickly" break up a PU between 2 other countries. I don't know if France will join a war on your side against Aragon, but if you get France to join you in a different war before you DoW Aragon they should at least keep out of the war.

As Byzantium, I (kicked their ass and) forced Lithuania to liberate Georgia... but I did not expect it to be the Sultanate of Georgia. It has three provinces, of which only one is Muslim, and they moved their capital away from it a few months after independence. Are there any chances of them becoming good, nice, vassalizable Orthodox people on their own, or will I have to send my armies to yet another trek in the Caucasus?

Early 15th century, are Carracks really good for something else than deep-water navigation?

When I compare them to Cogs and Galleys:
Carrack - Cog - Galley
Fire: 0.4 - 0.4 - 0.4
Shock: 0.4 - 0.5 - 1.0
Hull: 20 - 20 - 12
Cannon: 40 - 10 - 10
Price: 55 - 12 - 10

So 4 Cogs are cheaper than 1 Carrack, but don't they present a much stronger fighting force: more hull, more damage?
Same question for Galleys in the Mediterranean area?

Early 15th century, are Carracks really good for something else than deep-water navigation?

When I compare them to Cogs and Galleys:
Carrack - Cog - Galley
Fire: 0.4 - 0.4 - 0.4
Shock: 0.4 - 0.5 - 1.0
Hull: 20 - 20 - 12
Cannon: 40 - 10 - 10
Price: 55 - 12 - 10

So 4 Cogs are cheaper than 1 Carrack, but don't they present a much stronger fighting force: more hull, more damage?
Same question for Galleys in the Mediterranean area?

Will be harder with naval forcelimits to have 4 cogs for each carrack.

As Byzantium, I (kicked their ass and) forced Lithuania to liberate Georgia... but I did not expect it to be the Sultanate of Georgia. It has three provinces, of which only one is Muslim, and they moved their capital away from it a few months after independence. Are there any chances of them becoming good, nice, vassalizable Orthodox people on their own, or will I have to send my armies to yet another trek in the Caucasus?

in practice only nations with just one province can change religion between different religious groups (ie. Christian and Muslim in this case) and it requires them to go bankrupt. so short answer: you would want to invade them as they are pretty much stuck with that Muslim religion.

in practice only nations with just one province can change religion between different religious groups (ie. Christian and Muslim in this case) and it requires them to go bankrupt. so short answer: you would want to invade them as they are pretty much stuck with that Muslim religion.

Well, they start Orthodox. And Lithuania starts Catholic. They shouldn't be Sunni. I'm not sure what determines the religion of new nations.

Well, they start Orthodox. And Lithuania starts Catholic. They shouldn't be Sunni. I'm not sure what determines the religion of new nations.

their provinces must have been converted by the hordes and then Lithuania colonized it but didn't have the time/stability/money to reconvert them.

Judging by the Sultanate of Georgia, it must be the religion of the capital province (which was indeed Sunni). Although I don't know either what determines which province gets to be the capital of a new country (wealth? pop?).

well I've seen force-released Sunni Candar with Orthodox capital and other examples too so the religion of the capital is (while being an important factor) not all in this case. it would be good if someone with more knowledge on the game mechanics were to come and cast away the shadows - I suspect that majority of the populace or tax determines the religion of the new countries but it's nothing more than mere speculation.

on the other hand this does not change the fact that they cannot convert their religion back to Orthodox unless they become a one province minor and then go bankrupt.

Question: Who is stronger in EU3 France or Burgundy in general?

If we had 100 EU3 games where both nations are being played by the AI, who is mostly coming as the victor

I would guesstimate France, because of the vassals who help in wars. And Burgundy AI is stupid and starts several wars all the time at the same time.

Question: Who is stronger in EU3 France or Burgundy in general?

If we had 100 EU3 games where both nations are being played by the AI, who is mostly coming as the victor

If you run all the way to 1821 and ignore the possibility that France got absorbed and revolted free then France is more likely to be on the map and in a stronger position at the end of the game. OTOH, I've seen some pretty impressive blobbing by Burgundy plus an ai Burgundy unified HRE that was pretty scary.

Is there some sort combat engine manual here ? I keep being totaly crushed by 1 unit bigger armies and i want to know can you do math before combat like str of inf vs Cav etc. also is morale and discipline important a lot ?

The wiki has some real numbers. But yeah, morale at least is pretty important, whoever first runs out of morale loses the battle.

Some time ago I was playing England->France->HRE. I did found east indian trade company. After some years later interesting event popped up. I was finishing WC so did not read carefully but it was like:

We have east indian trade company so long!
A: We are awesome! Lets take it all! (get cores on every province in india region)
B: Wut? Stop smoking this shit! (-5 prestige or something like that)

I have searched a list of events in eu3 wiki but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what was this event?

Some time ago I was playing England->France->HRE. I did found east indian trade company. After some years later interesting event popped up. I was finishing WC so did not read carefully but it was like:

We have east indian trade company so long!
A: We are awesome! Lets take it all! (get cores on every province in india region)
B: Wut? Stop smoking this shit! (-5 prestige or something like that)

I have searched a list of events in eu3 wiki but couldn't find it. Can anyone tell me what was this event?

Stop smoking this shit. XD