• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone know why my warscore was so low when I was fighting Austria (war leader)?

I was Bavaria, and controlled the 4 provinces that bordered either me or Sulzburg (I think? That little brown guy between the two). They had 9 provinces total, and battles equaled out to 0. my ally Hungary controlled wein and gorz, but I only had like 12% warscore, with all the provences I controlled giving only 1-2% warscore, and the 2 provinces of hungary that were controlled giving like 6 or more. Once Hungary white pieced out, it went down to like 8 even though I didn't have any of my provinces occupied.

There are a couple of possibilities. I'm assuming that none of your own provinces are occupied.

1. If Austria has a pretty big ally, they'll prop up Austria's war score. Try to isolate Austria.
2. It's conceivable that, if you've been very careful, Austria moved her capital. I successfully did this once and only once in a game.

I'm pretty sure war score is calculated a little differently in the most recent 5.2 beta.

I'm not sure why, but I'm interested in achievements, I guess cause it works as a scoring mechanism. But even though I've registered my game, it tells me I need to register. What do I need to do to fix this?

Was the mission italian ambition changed to max give one core? Or would I still get cores on all italian provinces I grab? even from different nations? Like if I war Venice, Naples and Sicily and grab some of those?

I'm Brandenburg. Mecklenburg had no heir so I claimed and DoW'ed, then during the war the king died: Bohemia got a lucky PU on Mecklenburg. Then I force-PU'ed Mecklenburg". Now Mecklenburg's page says "In a personal union with Brandenburg and Bohemia". They're only allied with me though, and the hovertext for their king says that I will inherit them.

My question: is there actually a double PU on Mecklenburg now or is it just a bug that it's being displayed? Does this situation give Bohemia any reason to get angry at me (and therefore kill my game)?

I'm Brandenburg. Mecklenburg had no heir so I claimed and DoW'ed, then during the war the king died: Bohemia got a lucky PU on Mecklenburg. Then I force-PU'ed Mecklenburg". Now Mecklenburg's page says "In a personal union with Brandenburg and Bohemia". They're only allied with me though, and the hovertext for their king says that I will inherit them.

My question: is there actually a double PU on Mecklenburg now or is it just a bug that it's being displayed? Does this situation give Bohemia any reason to get angry at me (and therefore kill my game)?

That is such a rare situation that I don't know what's what. In all honesty, I think the smart to do would be to edit the save and kick out Bohemia. Better to be safe than sorry.

Oh, and NEVER trust the tooltip for when/if you'll inherit another realm.

Hi, I've recently created a two new buildings type for DW latest patch. I've even created a new .csv file to write the text for those building, yet there is something I cannot change no matter how many times I try. Even if I created a new "BUILDING_CATEGORY" in the localisation file, whatever number I use doesn't seem to match the one the executable is looking for. Categories 1 to 8 are vanilla ones, and I tried using from 9 to 20, but whenever I start a game, the building type still looks like there is no localisation file. Am I missing something? Is there any way to fix this?

P.D. - Just another question. Is there any way to prevent the game from having a max value for unit stats? I've found that whenever I set any value over 11, it turns to be 11 when I start the game. Is it hardcoded or moddable?

Thanks for any response.

Last edited:
Hi, I've recently created a two new buildings type for DW latest patch. I've even created a new .csv file to write the text for those building, yet there is something I cannot change no matter how many times I try. Even if I created a new "BUILDING_CATEGORY" in the localisation file, whatever number I use doesn't seem to match the one the executable is looking for. Categories 1 to 8 are vanilla ones, and I tried using from 9 to 20, but whenever I start a game, the building type still looks like there is no localisation file. Am I missing something? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for any response.

You might want to post that in the modding subforum.

How do I determine how far a province is from another? Not in the context of colonization, just two city-level provinces. I'm trying to figure out some Distant Overseas related stuff.

How do I determine how far a province is from another? Not in the context of colonization, just two city-level provinces. I'm trying to figure out some Distant Overseas related stuff.
Aside from a couple of provinces in North Africa you can safely assume all provinces on another continent with no land connection will be overseas.

Does 'variable claim' also go with cores or just mainly cores?

Or does it also go with how many un-cored cities you have?

Does 'variable claim' also go with cores or just mainly cores?

Or does it also go with how many un-cored cities you have?
What is the full text of the event/modifier you're referring to?

It's a mod that starwarsfan541 created that I'm beta-testing.

To create the Frankish Empire you basically need this.

restore_the_frankish_empire = {
potential = {
tag = LOT
NOT = { exists = GER }
NOT = { exists = FRE }
}

allow = {
owns = 183 #Paris
check_variable = { which = "claim_on_germany" value = 15 }
check_variable = { which = "claim_on_france" value = 15 }
check_variable = { which = "claim_on_italy" value = 5 }
OR = {
is_emperor = yes
NOT = { hre_size = 1 }
}
}
effect = {
FRE = {
german_region = {
add_core = FRE
}

french_region = {
add_core = FRE
}
lombardia = {
add_core = FRE
}
}
centralization_decentralization = -2
prestige = 0.20
legitimacy = 0.20
change_tag = FRE
}
ai_will_do = {
factor = 1
}
}

However I don't know what 'variable claim' is in this case because I have about 19 or 20 cities in Italy yet the marker for 'variable claim' is not triggering.

So I'm wondering if 'variable claim on...' is determined by cores on the cities in the region or simply owning the cities. Or both.

"claim_on_italy" is a variable defined in the mod which is presumably incremented by some event. You'd really need to ask the mod-maker exactly what causes that variable to change.

Once the king of B and B dies you will inherit the PU. It happened to me before.

How are provinces added to the "trade area of CoT" (hope, you understand what do I mean)? I find it strange that my Astrahan CoT mostly consists of russian and siberian provinces, but as well as it contains Australia and Madagaskar, while my provinces in South Africa and Malaya belongs to the proper (closer) CoTs. Well, both Australia and Madagaskar should belong to the same CoTs as SA and Malaya, but somehow they are connected with this distant one.

Besides, is it possible to take screenshot of provinces/trade areas/cultures/etc similiar to the map of world (shift+f1/f12)?