• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While the HRE have german culture if I form it as Russia?
Forming HRE does not change your culture but if you aren't a germanic culture you won't get the benefit of the culture union.

How can I, myself, mathematically calculate the amount of provinces I need into to have a 'x of variable claim on nation' so I don't have to worry over it?

Why can't I build an embassy? I've got the money, got a magistrate, it's a non-cored province, neighbours another country. I need to get my infamy down.

Did you previously have embassy somewhere? Did you try saving and reloading? Rarely the embassy building is not cleared properly when you get a core in the province that has embassy. Alternatively, have you tried building it via the buildings page of the ledger instead of directly from province screen?

How can I, myself, mathematically calculate the amount of provinces I need into to have a 'x of variable claim on nation' so I don't have to worry over it?

Simply count the provinces you have in a particular region. That should do it.

I was mainly wondering because someone told me that when forming HRE, you get german culture by default.

Should I build a COT?

I'm playing as Bavaria and own ten provinces in total (8 cored, 2 un-cored). I see that everyone around me is in either the Venetian or Hansa trade leagues, so I guess I'll only get trade from my own territories. Franken looks like a nice place for a COT, but should I wait until I have more provinces of my own before creating one?

Should I build a COT?

I'm playing as Bavaria and own ten provinces in total (8 cored, 2 un-cored). I see that everyone around me is in either the Venetian or Hansa trade leagues, so I guess I'll only get trade from my own territories. Franken looks like a nice place for a COT, but should I wait until I have more provinces of my own before creating one?

Bavaria starts quite mercantilistic, which you will probably not have changed becasue other sliders were more important. If you can spare the 500 ducats then it is definitely worth it. Your provinces will start trading through your CoT and you can establish a monopoly at some time. When the trade leagues start declining, more provinces will trade through your CoT, but until then, you need to carefully assess the expected value of your new CoT, as you don't want it to decline and vanish! On the other hand, if you wait too long, CoT spawning starts all over the place and the CoT your Franken province trades in will likely go under 800 value, so that you cannot build your own CoT anymore... Not knowing the year you're in: if it is past 1500, don't think twice, build it; if it is before 1450, wait.

Bavaria starts quite mercantilistic, which you will probably not have changed becasue other sliders were more important. If you can spare the 500 ducats then it is definitely worth it. Your provinces will start trading through your CoT and you can establish a monopoly at some time. When the trade leagues start declining, more provinces will trade through your CoT, but until then, you need to carefully assess the expected value of your new CoT, as you don't want it to decline and vanish! On the other hand, if you wait too long, CoT spawning starts all over the place and the CoT your Franken province trades in will likely go under 800 value, so that you cannot build your own CoT anymore... Not knowing the year you're in: if it is past 1500, don't think twice, build it; if it is before 1450, wait.

I'm only in the 1430's atm.

So I'll wait until I get past 1450 or 60 then build one.

Cheers for the advice.

I was mainly wondering because someone told me that when forming HRE, you get german culture by default.
There is no "german" culture, just a germanic culture group. If you have a culture in the germanic group, forming HRE makes your country a culture union for that group just as Germany is. i.e. all cultures of the group are treated as "primary" for most purposes instead of just being accepted cultures which could become non-accepted.

Is there any way to change call to arms from that tiny icon to proper message and preferably with a pause too?
Unfortunately no.

Anyone know why my warscore was so low when I was fighting Austria (war leader)?

I was Bavaria, and controlled the 4 provinces that bordered either me or Sulzburg (I think? That little brown guy between the two). They had 9 provinces total, and battles equaled out to 0. my ally Hungary controlled wein and gorz, but I only had like 12% warscore, with all the provences I controlled giving only 1-2% warscore, and the 2 provinces of hungary that were controlled giving like 6 or more. Once Hungary white pieced out, it went down to like 8 even though I didn't have any of my provinces occupied.