• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does that mean just the provinces that turned reformed/protestant during the reformation or does it include the Orthodox and Muslim provinces recently acquired as well?
It includes Orthodox provinces, but not Muslim ones. If you are Sunni and conquer a lot of Shia, expect to see this event chain happen as well.

How is horde tribute calculated?

Byzantium, Death and Taxes, 1356 - Expand East or West?

My main mission was to destroy the HRE so I went West!

Also the richer provinces are in Europe not Asia/Africa.

Will one also lose cores now in new patch when forced to release vassals in a peace deal? (could get problematic especially if they are your culture and main heritage)

Will one also lose cores now in new patch when forced to release vassals in a peace deal? (could get problematic especially if they are your culture and main heritage)
I haven't tested but I don't think so. It's intended to remove the exploit of releasing cored vassals and re-annexing them to reduce infamy. How much infamy do you lose if you are forced to release a vassal?

I haven't tested but I don't think so. It's intended to remove the exploit of releasing cored vassals and re-annexing them to reduce infamy. How much infamy do you lose if you are forced to release a vassal?

It could still be abused say if I am England and want to release Northumberland for a culture shift, then I just retake it later.

EDIT: Do one really gain infamy by being forced to release vassals? I didn't know that.

It could still be abused say if I am England and want to release Northumberland for a culture shift, then I just retake it later.
Well for culture-shift purposes there are many ways to get your dominant culture to change but losing the cores will still make this less convenient.
EDIT: Do one really gain infamy by being forced to release vassals? I didn't know that.
I don't know; my point was that if you did then it might make sense for cores to be lost as well.

Out of curiosity: if you play as a vassal, is there a way to break free? If so, how?

Well for culture-shift purposes there are many ways to get your dominant culture to change but losing the cores will still make this less convenient.

I don't know; my point was that if you did then it might make sense for cores to be lost as well.

I meant that if you start a war and then lose on purpose to release a vassal (to save a core)

Eu3 wiki says cardinals must be european? But someone said they had cardinals outside of Europe?

Anyone know the truth of this?

EDIT: And why was Switzerland removed from german region in patch? Pretty much a german country back then.

Last edited:
EDIT: And why was Switzerland removed from german region in patch? Pretty much a german country back then.
The German Region is used as the basis for what cores you get when you form GER. Given that GER uses the liberal German pan-nationalist flag of the 19th century, rather than anything based on Imperial heraldry, forming GER shouldn't give you core on Switzerland.

How do I avoid having the entire continent ganging up on me? Because even with decent CB I still end up fighting half of europe with my allies leaving me in my underwear fighting alone.

If I have a neighbor on the other side of a passable straight, do I still get the neighbor bonuses. For example, I'm playing as the Mamluks and I push the Ottomans out of Anatolia peninsula completely, will I still get the neighbor bonuses because we are connected across the Straights of Marmara?