• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does the statistic of your revolt risk represent the probability of a revolt in a given day? If not, what does it represent?

I couldn't find a definite answer on this searching around, so let's try here. Is Japan playable in Divine Wind 5.1? If not, are there any mods that make it playable? If it's somewhat playable what are things I should watch out for, I heard something about Ming annexation ruining everything for example?

I'm a Noble Republic. Administrative Republic is unlocked, but it won't allow me to change. It says it isn't possible to change due to my type of government. What gives? I checked the EU3 Wiki and it says its possible to switch from Noble Republic to Administrative Republic. Is this because I'm more centralized than my government allows?

I'm a Noble Republic. Administrative Republic is unlocked, but it won't allow me to change. It says it isn't possible to change due to my type of government. What gives? I checked the EU3 Wiki and it says its possible to switch from Noble Republic to Administrative Republic. Is this because I'm more centralized than my government allows?

do you have any personal unions? if yes you cannot switch to a 'true' republic ('noble republic' being somewhere between a monarchy and a republic in this case) unless either you inherit or the personal union(s) ends.

Could someone tell me how exactly provincial population growth works? I've always just assumed the % figure on the province screen was a straight indicator, but on closer inspection having played as the Hansa, Lubeck has a growth rate of 22%, which means it should skyrocket from ~20000/25000 to a million in literally a matter of a decades, yet instead it only grows by at most a thousand/year. Are there are other hidden factors?

A quick one I hope. How do you culture shift?
Sell or otherwise lose provinces not belonging to the culture you want to shift to until more of your provinces have the culture you want to shift to than any other culture. Move your capital to a province with the culture you want to shift to. Enact the "Accept Cultural Shift" national decision.

Could someone tell me how exactly provincial population growth works?
The growth rate is per decade, not per year.

Sell or otherwise lose provinces not belonging to the culture you want to shift to until more of your provinces have the culture you want to shift to than any other culture. Move your capital to a province with the culture you want to shift to. Enact the "Accept Cultural Shift" national decision.

The growth rate is per decade, not per year.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Someone remind me, can you only sell a nation in HRE if the nation you are selling to have a core on the province? Or how was it?

I couldn't find a definite answer on this searching around, so let's try here. Is Japan playable in Divine Wind 5.1? If not, are there any mods that make it playable? If it's somewhat playable what are things I should watch out for, I heard something about Ming annexation ruining everything for example?

Playing as a Japanese Daimyo works. Playing as the emperor it buggy. The issues are mainly involved with outsiders trying to interact with Japan.

But there is way to prevent it : Being tolerant, or having no heretics. But when you already have religious tensions, being tolerant does not help...
Euecemenecemnemecemism prevents it completely.