• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In the hints at the opening of DW it says, "You can rename conquered provinces for flavour" or some such. Is this an in-game thing or just for modding? If the former, how?

In the hints at the opening of DW it says, "You can rename conquered provinces for flavour" or some such. Is this an in-game thing or just for modding? If the former, how?

You can click on the name of the province (in the province screen) and simply write something else.

The same works for province capital, army names and regiment names.

Im playing the Papal States. I have a mision, Combating the heresy.

It says:

(*) Italy

THe Papal State is Catholic.

I have to get all Italy territories and make them be catholic? Atm ALL PROVINCES of Italy territory are catholic and I still dont complete the mision.

Its wierd that I should own all provinces and make them catholic just for a mision xD Sounds more like a national decision.

I have to get all Italy territories and make them be catholic?
You don't have to own the provinces, just make sure they're all Catholic. You can force-convert other nations as part of the peace deal rather than conquering them , although that takes longer...

Also, you have to be at peace for the mission to end. Failing that, are you sure you've not missed a province? How about Malta, Sardinia, Nice, Savoie or Friuli? They all count as being in Italy.

Sheeeeit Malta I forgot Malta xD

I turned the map into region to check out and see more cearly the provinces but hell I failed in Malta. And Malta is owned by GB so hell will be a hard mision xD

Thanks.

What does the red arrows in the ocean mean?

eu33.png

They are designed to represent Trade Winds, they make it easier for ships to go with the red lines, and more difficult for ships to go against the red lines (easier/more difficult: based on time and attrition)

Hello, I'm new to EU3 and am using HTTT. My question is this:

Why does the domestic policy Free Subjects grant a larger tech bonus than the Innovative one? And why does it list each tech cost individually instead of just listing "Technology Cost" like the Innovative one?

Thanks to any response.

Why does the domestic policy Free Subjects grant a larger tech bonus than the Innovative one? And why does it list each tech cost individually instead of just listing "Technology Cost" like the Innovative one?

Innovative is actual total cost; whereas free subjects is a monthly payment into those techs? I used to know this, but I'm not sure anymore.

Ok. Are the winds always going the same direction?

Pretty much.

Playing as Brandenburg, finally got elected Emperor. Holy force limits and manpower batman!
My question is, how does one even support (let alone create) this size of an army? I went from 27 to 187 in force limit and 17k to 78k in manpower. I could probably maintain that size of an army for 3 days with max minting. Is it meant to be filled, or just there in case I do strike it rich one day?

Also, is there any way to see what type of units the enemy stack is using?
Thanks guys!

Playing as Brandenburg, finally got elected Emperor. Holy force limits and manpower batman!
My question is, how does one even support (let alone create) this size of an army? I went from 27 to 187 in force limit and 17k to 78k in manpower. I could probably maintain that size of an army for 3 days with max minting. Is it meant to be filled, or just there in case I do strike it rich one day?

Also, is there any way to see what type of units the enemy stack is using?
Thanks guys!

Trade trade trade. The more your trade, the more you can make from minting just a small amount of your treasury.

Hover the cursor over the enemy stack to see the unit composition.

Innovative is actual total cost; whereas free subjects is a monthly payment into those techs? I used to know this, but I'm not sure anymore.
Well before posting I actually checked the effects of changing the sliders for each as Castille (my training country). Here are my results starting from the start of TGC (1399):

3046: base rate of govt-naval techs (including current slider positions)
2957: moving 1 left to innovative
2927: moving 1 right to free subjects

As you can see free subjects netted me an additional 30 off the cost of the techs, which I'm assuming is the 1% of 3k difference. It just seemed funny to me. I'm sure it's not an oversight or bug but an intentional decision. I was just curious as to 1) what was the reasoning for the difference? and 2) why are the bonuses displayed differently?

Ok. Are the winds always going the same direction?

Yes they are, and they represent the sort of 'triangular trade' that went on during the period. During my current Netherlands game I've found it's less attrition if you stop your navy in West Africa (Canary Islands), then go to Brazil/Caribbean (Haiti), and up the USA coast to get to Eastern Canada than it is to shoot them straight against the winds past Britain. (In brackets are the stops I used. When I send my navy out to my Acadia colonies I use this route by shift-clicking. The reason for stopping in a colony is to reduce the 'months at sea' penalty).

What can i do to increase the adminstraive skills of my leaders? my current leader is level 6 but i need 7 to get western units. Also for some reason when my current ruler dies i lose all my personal unions why is this? ive been in this unions for over 100 years.

What can i do to increase the adminstraive skills of my leaders? my current leader is level 6 but i need 7 to get western units. Also for some reason when my current ruler dies i lose all my personal unions why is this? ive been in this unions for over 100 years.

There's no way to increase attributes of a ruler. Monarchies have to wait for heir to take the throne, and cross their fingers for the next. Republics get a new chance every four years because of elections (Okay, not Republican Dictatorships, they have the same guy til he dies).

Personal unions require good relations and high prestige to remain in place when a monarch dies. You can find out a lot of great information when you hover the mouse over a monarch's name. It says essentially what will happen when they die: Personal union continues, ends, inheritance, new heir, new heir and pretenders, etc. It's not always perfectly accurate but gives you a hint.