• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, they won't accept offers that give them a lot of infamy, which is why they didn't accept the one where you offered everything you have.

Ill try offering them things to lower their stability. Here is the issue though, I tried every single thing I could give them, like how about one province, or two? etc untill I ended u with everything on the table and they would accept nothing yet they still continue to fight.

Thats my issue, what could they possibly want from this war if they will not accept anything in a peace deal? Now they suddenly pulled a 140 doomstack of ships out of their butt in the pacific (somehow)

I'm just so tired of actually fighting the war im tempted to cheat, for the first time, and force them to accept a peace deal

I have another question, is there any way to FORCE a new leader inside of a monarchy type of situation? I'm playing as the Aztecs, I westernized but I cant reform the government because for the last 200 years or so its been a constant string of leaders that give me all 3 incapable leader bonuses. Its just getting tiresome watching these horrible dice rolls without any sort of way to influence it. The biggest part I dont get is its a 'Tribal Democracy' if it is, why cant I vote?

Also, whats the point of westernizing your military, does it get you tech faster?

I'm playing as Poland and I am in a personal union with England. For many months, when I checked my king's "name", there was clearly "on monarch's death - England is inherited" or something like that. I thought that it's certain to happen if the game "said so" and of course I was more than overjoyed. But suddenly it says "on monarch's death - personal union continues". What happened? Did I had a real chance to inherit England with my current ruler's death and something changed that?

I'm playing as Poland and I am in a personal union with England. For many months, when I checked my king's "name", there was clearly "on monarch's death - England is inherited" or something like that. I thought that it's certain to happen if the game "said so" and of course I was more than overjoyed. But suddenly it says "on monarch's death - personal union continues". What happened? Did I had a real chance to inherit England with my current ruler's death and something changed that?

according to forum consensus that tooltip is definitely NOT reliable :) (and above that the exact factors of inheritance are not known - it could be said though that low infamy, high prestige and great relations with the minor partner of the union increase the chance)

Death & Taxes question: I'm playing as Egypt and wish to reinstate the pentarchy. How can I switch from Muslim to Orthodox? I let orthodox rebels take one of the former Ethiopian provinces but I am unable to negotiate with them because I am Muslim. The same happened with Catholic rebels. Is conversion possible?

You have to let religious rebels take over when you have only one province.

There's also a method involving revolutionary rebels, but I'm not sure how it works.

No. You have to wait until he dies. However, you can try and speed that process up by making him a general, assigning him to an army and then having that army killed by your enemy. This is only recommended for really shitty kings though.

Is there any event or cheat to get rid of him? I'm not at war with anyone because the moment I do its a cascading alliance thing. Declare war on freakin... Fez then switzerland comes in, then they bring france who brings in england who brings in all MY allies who break treaties with me and its the world against me...

And for the last 100 year sI have yet to get a leader (Tribal republic) who has a store above 4 for ANYTHING they have all been crap. I was lucky to save right before one died and kept reloading till I got someone wth a high enough administration to westernize but wasn't high enough for western military or change of government.

And on that note, why cant you commit regicide with a spy...?

Ill try offering them things to lower their stability. Here is the issue though, I tried every single thing I could give them, like how about one province, or two? etc untill I ended u with everything on the table and they would accept nothing yet they still continue to fight.

Thats my issue, what could they possibly want from this war if they will not accept anything in a peace deal? Now they suddenly pulled a 140 doomstack of ships out of their butt in the pacific (somehow)

I'm just so tired of actually fighting the war im tempted to cheat, for the first time, and force them to accept a peace deal

To be able to "stab hit" ENG/GBR, you'll need to have a war score of at least 40 (I've seen this WS requirement be lower when trying to stab hit other countries, but it has always been 40 when fighting ENG/GBR. Don't know what affects this). Then, when you demand something from them, there will be a line of text in the peace negotiation window stating something like "this offer is better than they expect, and will cause great turmoil in their country if they deny it". For every such peace deal sent and rejected, their stability will sink one step. When it's down to -3, you can start the real negotiations.

Well if it succeeds then more power to you... if not... well that is a heck of a lot of infamy you would acrue from trying to assassinate a monarch...
It's still likely to be cheaper than the bill you'd rack up eating the rest of your coreligionists any other way.

Can you break up two other countries' PU (i.e. breaking up Poland-Lithuania as Sweden)? Thanks.
Only indirectly. Repeatedly and vigorously defeat the senior partner so that their prestige goes negative and stays there; the PU will break at ruler death.

How do you give someone else leadership in your war?

How do you give someone else leadership in your war?
You don't. On the attacker side the original attacker is always the leader and on the defender side the game picks the leader by size/strength of some sort (not sure of the exact details).