• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What is the difference between merchant chance and compete chance? I thought they were the same, but I have seen both seperately.

What is the difference between merchant chance and compete chance? I thought they were the same, but I have seen both seperately.
Merchant placement chance is just the chance to take an open CoT slot; compete chance is used to remove another country's merchant if there are no empty slots or to resist being removed when you are already in the CoT.
The placement chance is pretty much always 99% except in the very earliest part of the game. Compete chance is what you really want to focus on.

I asked it already but it was completely ignored. How am I suposto deal with this crap?!

no matter how big the battle, how big my armies, if they are surrounded if I have 3 times the size they win, the more I have is parallel to the amount I loose.
EF3066B3E62FF0450DD84F690F3CABA4F20E543A

here is another one. Been going on for 2 IRL years now, attacking and chasing this rebel group.

207D1030291FBEE3395F0FF1E2A4E39437C07CA6

Last edited:
I am on my first WC as Castile and I just got and awesome mission to attack Italy and get cores on every province I annex. Will I get cores on every province I get from the war or will the mission end after the first peace deal I make. I don't want to go to war with all of Italy if I will only get cores from one nation.

I am on my first WC as Castile and I just got and awesome mission to attack Italy and get cores on every province I annex. Will I get cores on every province I get from the war or will the mission end after the first peace deal I make. I don't want to go to war with all of Italy if I will only get cores from one nation.
The mission completes the day after you become the owner of a province in the Italy region by any means. If you wait until your diplomat pool is full, then you can send five peace treaties on the same day; all Italian provinces you acquire from those treaties will core.

I'm playing as england, I joined war through alliance

I'm at war with Cologne, and I asked Burgundy for military access, strange thing is that Aachen was dividing brugundy and cologne, however I was able to go through Aachen and I had no military access! is this supposed to happen?

Then I noticed that i could send my troops over other neutral states

is this right?

I'm playing as england, I joined war through alliance

I'm at war with Cologne, and I asked Burgundy for military access, strange thing is that Aachen was dividing brugundy and cologne, however I was able to go through Aachen and I had no military access! is this supposed to happen?

Then I noticed that i could send my troops over other neutral states

is this right?
Was the HRE Emperor in the war? If the Emperor is involved in a war all countries in that war can march into any province in the HRE.

Was the HRE Emperor in the war? If the Emperor is involved in a war all countries in that war can march into any province in the HRE.

I'm not sure because i'm new to it, but after the peace was triggered I no longer had the access through the neutral states. so i had to ask for military access to get my forces back to my territory

how do i increase the amount of money allocated to my research?
Do things that increase your income - send merchants to CoTs you have a good compete chance in, increase your Centralization, research Production and Trade technology, and construct buildings that improve the income produced by your provinces.

And, of course, register your game :)

Hello.

I've noticed that the ambassador advisor adds a bonus to monarch diplomatic skill. Now i was thinking of modding some other advisors to give a bonus to admin or military skills.
Does anybody have any idea which variables those are? Diplomatic_skill is the dip one, but administrative_skill is not recognized and monarch_adm crashes the game. Any other variable i'm missing or it just can't be done? Thanks.

Playing as (2PM) Holland, about 75 years into the game I haven't actually expanded yet but have PUs over OPM Oldenburg, 3PM Friesland and four-province Naples. Now, this is great and all, but the catch is I can't seem to inherit any of them. My infamy is at 0, prestige is positive - it was at about 60 when my last ruler died, although it's gone down a bit since then; my legitimacy is at 100 and my relations with all three PU subjects are positive, and well over 100 in the cases of Friesland and Oldenburg. I have 12,000 troops which I know is more than Oldenburg & Friesland have, and I'm pretty sure is almost as many as Naples. Friesland distrusts me, but Oldenburg is 'willing to trust us somewhat' (not sure about Naples, although the situation there is probably better since it was a peaceful PU).

And every one of the PUs continues when my ruler dies. Oldenburg is on and off for inheriting, but it never actually gets inherited.

Help! :(

That was what I thought too, but at one point the game predicted I would inherit Naples. So maybe not; anyway, that still leaves Oldenburg. Thanks though.