• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Think this is a bug, but I'll ask it here anyways: Castille continues to issue embargoes on me (England) and then a week later then allows my merchants in again. The wierd thing is I am not even trading there yet, its still early in the game. Any ideas?

Will occupied colonies defect?

What happens if you gain a colony in war (either by defection, if possible, or by claiming in peace negotiations) that is still Terra Incognita?

If they aren't of the owner's culture, I suppose they'll defect. IDK why you wouldn't just take them first, though. And I think if you get a province in TI in a peace treaty, either it'll remain in TI, or just that province will come out of TI. I'd save, do the peace treaty, see what happens, and reload if need be.

Does colonial range not register the world as a globe even though you can sail over the map edge? How can I fix this?

You can't fix it. It is rare that the game will let colonists travel over the international date line, and when it does, it is buggy as heck.

Is there any way to earn achievements in Divine Wind by playing multiplayer?

No. Achievements are turned off for Multiplayer.

Where do I need to edit in a savegame to kick the Livonian Order provinces out of the HRE?

Look for the provinces of the Livonian Order and take out the "hre=yes" line.

Think this is a bug, but I'll ask it here anyways: Castille continues to issue embargoes on me (England) and then a week later then allows my merchants in again. The wierd thing is I am not even trading there yet, its still early in the game. Any ideas?

Just a case of the AI being annoying. Nothing you can really do about it other than maybe raising relations with them.

If they aren't of the owner's culture, I suppose they'll defect. IDK why you wouldn't just take them first, though. And I think if you get a province in TI in a peace treaty, either it'll remain in TI, or just that province will come out of TI. I'd save, do the peace treaty, see what happens, and reload if need be.

Yeah, I didn't realize I could claim it, since I didn't think I could land troops there (it being TI). Turns out, you can land on TI if you are occupying it, and upon landing you will discover it. Infamy cost is 0.1 x colony level for claiming a colony (vs. the full 4 points for asking for it in peace negotiations). Thanks!

Yeah, I didn't realize I could claim it, since I didn't think I could land troops there (it being TI). Turns out, you can land on TI if you are occupying it, and upon landing you will discover it. Infamy cost is 0.1 x colony level for claiming a colony (vs. the full 4 points for asking for it in peace negotiations). Thanks!

You can walk in any TI that is owned by a nation you are at war with.

Doing excommunicated war vs HRE Bohemia but i can only take 1 province for 1 infame point, is this because i have made peace with some of Bohemia's allies? i think normally i can take many provinces for 1 infame point each when they are part of the HRE.

Doing excommunicated war vs HRE Bohemia but i can only take 1 province for 1 infame point, is this because i have made peace with some of Bohemia's allies? i think normally i can take many provinces for 1 infame point each when they are part of the HRE.

You need to be same culture group to get provinces on the cheap from the excomunication CB. Bohemia starts with 2 german and the rest west slavic provinces. I guess you are german cultured and they converted the other one.

Anyone know a work around for the endless wars the Japanese minors seem to get into? Its quite annoying to see Minamoto control half of China for a century or so.

Can someone shed some light on my situation as I am really confused...

I have reached land tech 18 and I am the first nation in Europe to reach it. I have taken on Tercio infantry which is miles ahead of the Landsknechten Infantry most other nations have got. I declared war on Bohemia over a trade dispute thinking my musket infantry is a massive advantage. I have high discipline due to military drill and the factors. My morale is full and all 3 main armies had a general. I attacked the Bohemian armies who each the same size army or a bit more and I was torn apart in the fastest time I have seen. My morale went down so rapidly and my numbers equally so and I was basically annihilated like my Tercio infantry had super soakers.

Can anyone tell me why that happened? there were no terrain modifiers in any of the provinces I attacked and the dice rolls were equally spread. Their elite new units put in the worst performance I have ever seen since I took over in 1399.

Last edited:
How long after the switch did you attack? Switching troop types will set their morale to 0.

I switched to them about 6 or 7 months before I attacked and my military maintenance was on full for 4 months before I declared war. Their morale was on max when I entered the battles but it went down so quickly.

Looking at the unit numbers Landsknechten actually has better morale on defense then Tercio does on offense(5vs4) and their shock is evenly matched(2v2). If you got the time try Maurician or Free Shooter Infantry(6 Off Morale) instead of Tercio.

...I attacked the Bohemian armies who each the same size army or a bit more and I was torn apart in the fastest time I have seen. My morale went down so rapidly and my numbers equally so and I was basically annihilated like my Tercio infantry had super soakers.

Did they have a few cavalry in that "or a bit more"? Up to 4 cavalry in an army can flank the end of your line (two on either side). Your two end units might be essentially fighting 3 to 1 odds against. It's my favorite military formation. I like to count the size of the army I want to kill and send in an equal number of infantry regiments plus 4 cavalry units. Rolls them up like paper. Their end units fall out first from morale exhaustion then I suddenly have two infantry in reserve to keep the fight going. Their line then keeps shrinking until they run.

Last edited: