• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Quick question. I am playing as Bohemia, and am trying to colonize Golden Horde, but I can't because their closest province is out of my range (I don't have a port.) This is strange because last time I was easily able to colonize Golden Horde without having to worry about my range. What has changed?

You need to border their province, range is unimportant actualy. You can colonize only bordering horde provinces. At least i think so. If you border them thru vassal, you cannot colonize them.

EDIT: And you need to have it connected to your capital i think...

I've been looking through the files, and in the flags I've noticed "wes" and "wez" which appear to both be Westphalia. The flags are the same (white & blue). Are they the same thing?

There is no WEZ tag defined; WES is Westphalia.

Well... not sure about it... is it wez or vnz? cause vnz is wenezuela... wls is wales, but they got other flag... anyway check it to be sure. If it is vnz, then it look like venezuela got same flag as westphalia...

There's wes, wez, vnz, wls. The flag is identical to the wes flag. Not sure what you mean by Westphalia and Venezuela having the same flag. Westphalias is white and blue, and venezuelas is red, yellow and blue.

Hello . I have a question regarding the possibility of revolts . Often it appears that many provinces have a percentage of possibility to revolt. I know that infamy is an issue that increases that chance...Yet, how can i decrease that chance? Maybe setting army on that province or building for example a church?

Hello . I have a question regarding the possibility of revolts . Often it appears that many provinces have a percentage of possibility to revolt. I know that infamy is an issue that increases that chance...Yet, how can i decrease that chance? Maybe setting army on that province or building for example a church?

An army helps (-0.25% per 1000 soldiers). The courthouse (requires a church to be built first) takes off 1%. A wrong religion adds 1%, but one cannot do much about it, because missionaries may take quite a while before a province is converted and while they try hard, they even further increase the revolt risk.

Though, the most important modifier comes from stability (from -3% to +6% globally!).

Well infamy does not increase RR, but if it is over limit, you get nasty events...

You need to border their province, range is unimportant actualy. You can colonize only bordering horde provinces. At least i think so. If you border them thru vassal, you cannot colonize them.

EDIT: And you need to have it connected to your capital i think...
Okay, that's what it is (I do have a PU with Hungary, so I'll just wait until I can annex them.

Often it appears that many provinces have a percentage of possibility to revolt. ... how can i decrease that chance? Maybe setting army on that province or building for example a church?

After winning a province, the people are dissatisfied with the new owners, and you get high revolt risk. I think that the Unlawful Territory flag gives you additional revolt risk. If any group of rebels successfully takes your province, there will be a prolonged period of elevated revolt risk (nationalism, etc). High war exhaustion will increase revolt risk. If you collect War Taxes, that adds to War Exhaustion. Then, other nations can send spies to "Support Revolt" which will also raise your revolt risk if they succeed.

Some of these can be prevented. Until you complete your WC, there's going to be someone to send spies. If you let rebels take your province, that's your own fault. Waging war carefully can hold down your war exhaustion, because WE is higher if you lose battles than if you win. Revolt Risk will decline gradually over time by itself, but some of that is the War Exhaustion declining over time. As mentioned before, other ways to minimize revolt risk are increasing nation stability, building courthouses, and a local standing army. You can also hire a High Judge advisor to cause a certain drop in RR per advisor level. [High Judge does not make the RR go away, he just masks a few percentages of its effect!] It is difficult for a small nation to justify hiring High Judge when there are so many other things to do (Land Tech & Stability). RR directly reduces a province's income, so if a large nation has widespread RR, a High Judge can do wonders for your economy.

Furthermore, you do not *have* to collect War Taxes. I generally wage war without war taxes. When I go to war, tech research may get reduced or stopped when I go to war so that I do not run deficits. Yes, that gets me inflation through minting. I'm much more willing to struggle with inflation than I am to struggle with rebels.

After winning a province, the people are dissatisfied with the new owners, and you get high revolt risk. I think that the Unlawful Territory flag gives you additional revolt risk. If any group of rebels successfully takes your province, there will be a prolonged period of elevated revolt risk (nationalism, etc). High war exhaustion will increase revolt risk. If you collect War Taxes, that adds to War Exhaustion. Then, other nations can send spies to "Support Revolt" which will also raise your revolt risk if they succeed.

Some of these can be prevented. Until you complete your WC, there's going to be someone to send spies. If you let rebels take your province, that's your own fault. Waging war carefully can hold down your war exhaustion, because WE is higher if you lose battles than if you win. Revolt Risk will decline gradually over time by itself, but some of that is the War Exhaustion declining over time. As mentioned before, other ways to minimize revolt risk are increasing nation stability, building courthouses, and a local standing army. You can also hire a High Judge advisor to cause a certain drop in RR per advisor level. [High Judge does not make the RR go away, he just masks a few percentages of its effect!] It is difficult for a small nation to justify hiring High Judge when there are so many other things to do (Land Tech & Stability). RR directly reduces a province's income, so if a large nation has widespread RR, a High Judge can do wonders for your economy.

Furthermore, you do not *have* to collect War Taxes. I generally wage war without war taxes. When I go to war, tech research may get reduced or stopped when I go to war so that I do not run deficits. Yes, that gets me inflation through minting. I'm much more willing to struggle with inflation than I am to struggle with rebels.

There are a few decisions and a national idea (Bill of Rights) which also reduce RR. Just adding to your excellent answer :)

I've noticed in my current game that Flanders are in a personal union with both myself (Hesse) and Ansbach. How did this happen and what are the consequences of it? Is it still possible to inherit? Might Ansbach do so?

If potentially bad, how do I get out of it?

Again I have a small problem that I hope to solve by little modding. Is there any easy way to:

(a)Disable war exhaustion from attrition in friendly provinces when in 'war' with hordes.
(b)Disable war exhaustion from attrition completely when in 'war' with hordes.
(c)Disable war exhaustion from attrition completely.

It's extremely annoying when you get war exhaustion from attrition while you slowly colonize hordes. I'd prefer a>b>c.