• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another question, is pushing sliders towards mercantilism ever beneficial if I am not engaging in WC? I always push towards free trade and have never once had trouble having a monopoly in my own CoTs.
For me, it is. This is one of the great divides in EUIII, Mercantilism or Free Trade.

Another question, is pushing sliders towards mercantilism ever beneficial if I am not engaging in WC? I always push towards free trade and have never once had trouble having a monopoly in my own CoTs.

yeah, if you ask five people on the forum about this you will probably end up with six different answers (I mean six different explanations about *why* one would chose either of the two)

for me Free Trade seems to be better with one exception: (as infamy hurts your foreign compete chances) if you plan to do an "infamy heavy" game you better stay mercantilist and try to conquer CoTs rather than competing in them while they are still abroad.

Hello i am new in game . I have a question .On the upper part of the screen. In the middle i pressed a button and all my map became green except of two provinces that became red due to rebel danger. So my questions are the following :
1. I appointed my amry on that provine to hunt rebels. Is this the best way to avoid a rebellion ?
2. After i pressed that button i can nor remove the green and red color out of my map?
Thank you!

Are there any advantages for Mercantilism for someone who never accumulates a lot of infamy, will I turn more profit in my own CoTs?

Not really. When you go for Free Trade in conjunction with Plutocracy, you will earn a lot through trade and still get enough spies. Be aware though that you forego the Leader shock from Aristocracy then, which would provide your armies with some advantage in the first century.

Hello i am new in game . I have a question .On the upper part of the screen. In the middle i pressed a button and all my map became green except of two provinces that became red due to rebel danger. So my questions are the following :
1. I appointed my amry on that provine to hunt rebels. Is this the best way to avoid a rebellion ?
2. After i pressed that button i can nor remove the green and red color out of my map?
Thank you!

1) That`s not how you avoid a rebelion, it only means that your army will automatically go after the rebels once they spawn. Avoiding a rebellion (by lowering the revolt risk) is a whole different issue. I don`t recommend using the hunt rebels option, it`s buggy.
2) Press the little blue flag on the lower-right corner of the screen, just above the mini map to restore the political mapmode

Thank you!

You are in the revolt risk mapmode, to change to a different mapmode, go to the little world map on the bottom right of your screen and click on those tiny icons above the world map. If you hover over those icons without clicking, it will tell you what the different map modes are.

Where can I see the provinces numbers?
Need this to check some achievements.

IIRC, you can see this in the ledger, the one with the pie charts under national statistics?

My question, how to do tell how long it will take for an army/navy to go from A to B if A is not directly next to B?
I ask this because army 1 is being attacked and army 2 is 3 provinces away, if I send army 2 to help army 1, how long will it take to get there?

Where can I see the provinces numbers?
Need this to check some achievements.

I'm not certain if it's in the ledger somewhere, but I don't think it is. If you go to your Europa Universalis 3 folder, then go to the history sub-folder, and finally the province sub-sub-folder (That's Europa Universalis III\history\provinces all together) the provinces are listed in order by ID #.

I'm not certain if it's in the ledger somewhere, but I don't think it is. If you go to your Europa Universalis 3 folder, then go to the history sub-folder, and finally the province sub-sub-folder (That's Europa Universalis III\history\provinces all together) the provinces are listed in order by ID #.
It's not in the ledger and the info in that subfolder can't be trusted; aside from the province number the filenames are not used by the game. The only way to get accurate province name-number translation is from the localisation files. It's a bit easier if you use the single localisation file I created for my "province IDs on map" mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511485

Maybe not a 'quick' question as such, but it only really needs a short answer.

Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?), and if not, how do I get around the Ottoman DotF?

Should I become Sunni as Oman (and how do I do that?), and if not, how do I get around the Ottoman DotF?
I can't comment on the former, but for the latter, you might consider taking Unam Sanctam so that you can get a Holy War CB against India's Hindus.

Alternatively, just wait until the Ottomans are at war with a couple of murderous Catholic blobs before trying to declare war on Sunni nations.