• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sorry guys I know this isn't what this thread is for but... I have this message: Restricted access until e-mail confirmed... I can't find the email I guess they sent, what can I do to correct this?? Can I have another email sent?

Hmm, you don't seem to be the only one here. I am not sure but maybe the email they sent is in your spam folder. Sometimes that happens, it is worth a try imo.

I have a question about hordes and attrition.
I thought there were some mechanics to avoid getting too much war exhaustion for hordes? Sure, there is the permanent peace thing (unless you are at war with another horde), and you get 0.25 war exhaustion for each province you occupy. But in my recent game as the Timurids, it's 1415 and I'm gobbling up India, but I'm getting 0.50 WE each month through attrition. To counter that, I would need to win two sieges every month, which isn't feasible. I checked to see if I have some huge doom stack standing in some wilderness, but I all I have are some 10-15k stacks wacking rebels all over the place.

It really ruins the game when the WE just keeps building up, ruining everything.

Well that's no fun! Actually I need to conquer at that pace, since that's the only way to counter this ridicolous attrition.
The weird part is that all my troops are standing in provinces with an adequate supply limit, and I'm still just building up WE. I decided to ragequit once my WE hit 10.

Well that's no fun! Actually I need to conquer at that pace, since that's the only way to counter this ridicolous attrition.
The weird part is that all my troops are standing in provinces with an adequate supply limit, and I'm still just building up WE. I decided to ragequit once my WE hit 10.

Conquering at that pace makes attrition worse. You're running around a lot in enemy provinces, so you take a lot of attrition.

One thing to note is that you can take attrition without losing men. In the army panel there's a number in the top right that says what percent attrition you're taking. If it's red you're losing men; if it's green you're gaining men. But even if it's green, if the number is above zero you're taking attrition - you're just reinforcing (from the manpower pool) faster than you're taking losses.

my moral is screwing me and i cant figure why, im going into war of like 7k against 4k and i start with like half of the morale, even though it was full when i came in, our prestige is pretty equal, my support is all the way upi even got a lvl 3 advisor to get me +0.15 and nothing, i keep losing like 20k against a 10k of their forces and end up losing them all, its just so strange. my land is equal to theirs and bohemia doesnt seem to have any of this problems. could it be the difficulty?

How do you release your provinces as vassals? I've heard people mention this a lot on the forums but have never found the option in game.

Go to your national overview (The Blue flag), and in the bottom left there is a "Create Vassal" button - pick the nation you wish to release, confirm, and voila!

my moral is screwing me and i cant figure why, im going into war of like 7k against 4k and i start with like half of the morale, even though it was full when i came in, our prestige is pretty equal, my support is all the way upi even got a lvl 3 advisor to get me +0.15 and nothing, i keep losing like 20k against a 10k of their forces and end up losing them all, its just so strange. my land is equal to theirs and bohemia doesnt seem to have any of this problems. could it be the difficulty?
It could very well be difficulty. Which level are you playing?

very hard, people told me to always play that one, i figured it lowers the infamy cap and makes AI have more troops

Normal is more or less going to do the same thing, other than helping the AI out a little bit with some of its more obvious problems and screwing you over just slightly in ROTW countries. Only Easy and Very Easy really change the game to a huge extent.

What's the minimum then?

I don't think there is one. Lowest I've seen is 6 ducats though (I think)

And now to my question! In my current game as the Timurids, I'm getting my first NI in a few years, and I don't really know what to pick.

- National Bank:
This is the one I'm leaning most towards, since it'll allow me to mint more and churn out more peasant footsoldiers.

- Military Drill:
Would be pretty neat as well, to close the gap between me and Ming/the europeans, and make my troops fight a little less like poo.

- Bureaucracy:
Would be pretty good too, since pretty much my entire income is coming from taxes. Not as good as National Bank though I think.

Opinions? Maybe a 4th? Church Attendancy Duty seems decent for recovering stability aswell.

I am sorry if this has been asked before.

1. In my Byzantine game I westernized. Is that important to do?
2. Same game. Should I westernize my military? I am having many problems getting that set up.

Thanks in advance.

I am sorry if this has been asked before.

1. In my Byzantine game I westernized. Is that important to do?
2. Same game. Should I westernize my military? I am having many problems getting that set up.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you want to achieve in your game. Generally it is a very good idea to westernise, since it allows you to research faster, and eventually get better troops. And I think that after you westernise, it is imperative to modernize your military as well, since that will get rid of the "resist western influences" event.

EDIT:

The way I usually westernize (which might not be the best) is to just take the "resist western influences" option, because the effects of the other option are devasting, and can really slow you down. However, you won't see any gain from the westernisation while you have the "resist" modifier. But this way you can rush to the military decicision, and enjoy fast research a lot sooner than otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't think there is one. Lowest I've seen is 6 ducats though (I think)

And now to my question! In my current game as the Timurids, I'm getting my first NI in a few years, and I don't really know what to pick.

- National Bank:
This is the one I'm leaning most towards, since it'll allow me to mint more and churn out more peasant footsoldiers.

- Military Drill:
Would be pretty neat as well, to close the gap between me and Ming/the europeans, and make my troops fight a little less like poo.

- Bureaucracy:
Would be pretty good too, since pretty much my entire income is coming from taxes. Not as good as National Bank though I think.

Opinions? Maybe a 4th? Church Attendancy Duty seems decent for recovering stability aswell.

I would probably say Military Drill, UNLESS your inflation is just absolutely nuts (10%+). Inflation can be a game killer if you don't take care of it early.

I would probably say Military Drill, UNLESS your inflation is just absolutely nuts (10%+). Inflation can be a game killer if you don't take care of it early.

My inflation is manageable (around 1,5% after the first 20 years), but I find it hard to recruit more troops with around a profit of 10 ducats each annually.