• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How does Inheriting Thrones work?

I've ran a few tests using console - "kill [TARGET]" - while in a Royal Marriage with the target nation, but it always seem to be a noble from the target country, or my monarch's dynasty, succeeds to the throne, rather than my Monarch him/herself inheriting the throne. (Even with "Claim Throne" diplomatic option used prior to "kill" command). So, am I missing something? I assumed it was:

Royal Marriage >> Claim Throne >> Monarch Dies >> ????? >> Profit

This is probably an extremely "noob" question, but I'm just exploring the deeper diplomatic mechanisms of this game at the moment.

Cheers :)

Inheriting is only a chance, rarely (never?) happens if either party is at war, and increases with diplomatic skill.

To confirm, you cannot inherit if you are at war.

2. Got a CB to enforce a PU, and the cost is 140%. Does this mean the target has vassals, or just that they are too big to swallow in one gulp? Or both? Or something else? Not quite sure how to get 140 warscore.
It doesn't mean you need 140 warscore, it means the cost of enforcing a PU is 140% more than the usual cost - so if it normally cost 50 warscore, it will now cost 70. It's kind of misleading because you can't normally enforce a PU as a peace deal, so I don't know when the 'usual' cost would ever apply.

It doesn't mean you need 140 warscore, it means the cost of enforcing a PU is 140% more than the usual cost - so if it normally cost 50 warscore, it will now cost 70. It's kind of misleading because you can't normally enforce a PU as a peace deal, so I don't know when the 'usual' cost would ever apply.
It matters because the three CBs (Claim on Throne, Obscure Documents, Restoration of Union) have different Cost modifiers.

kinda weird i dont know this, how do you make japan? i cant even attack the other daimos
If you have high shogun influence you can't declare war on other daimyo's, try lowering it (low prestige, shogun decision). I never united Japan (mainly because I don't like the daimyo system), but try the personal union tactic, once you inherit someone in Japan (as a daimyo), you automatically get cores on all the inherited land (Due to japan culture). Hope this helped

Under what condition can you get the force religion conversion option in peace deal? I started a Holy War against Algier, but that option isn't available, but I can do it against Morea who came to the aid of Algier in the same war. I had enough warscore against both so it's not that.

Under what condition can you get the force religion conversion option in peace deal? I started a Holy War against Algier, but that option isn't available, but I can do it against Morea who came to the aid of Algier in the same war. I had enough warscore against both so it's not that.

Can only force religion of powers that are in your religious group, but not of your religion. So catholics can force protestants, reformed or orthodox. Sunni can force Shiite. Anamist can force shamanist. and East Asia can force each other.

Short question on the "trading in (goods)" modifier:

How exactly is the "control at least 33% of world's trade" calculated? If I have a merchant in a COT which has 20% trade in this good, and the other 19 slots are full with merchants from other nations, do I get the 20% or only 1% for calculating the "control" value?

Short question on the "trading in (goods)" modifier:

How exactly is the "control at least 33% of world's trade" calculated? If I have a merchant in a COT which has 20% trade in this good, and the other 19 slots are full with merchants from other nations, do I get the 20% or only 1% for calculating the "control" value?

I think it's 1%. If that's 20%, then all nations in that COT would get 20%, adding up to over 100%, and that's not counting other COTs.

I have another question, is it possible to be notified when AI nations get new CB? or when their CB expire?

why are some nations gifts so much more expensive?

i need to get blobgundy to love me for a mission but sending them a gift costs 60 ducats, something i can allow once a year and it give me less then 20 relations

why are some nations gifts so much more expensive?

i need to get blobgundy to love me for a mission but sending them a gift costs 60 ducats, something i can allow once a year and it give me less then 20 relations

Depends on how powerful they are in relation to you. 60 ducats is the maximum.

sorry guys I know this isn't what this thread is for but... I have this message: Restricted access until e-mail confirmed... I can't find the email I guess they sent, what can I do to correct this?? Can I have another email sent?