• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it possible to expand in the HRE as Aachen? For the first 40 years of my game I've just been trading and advancing tech. Still an OPM and see no ways for advancement. I can't get PUs due to my government and I can't really attack due to the HRE and it's many alliances.

You just have to pick your spots; remember, the Emperor won't intervene if you have a legitimate CB. Find some friends of your own. Playing within the HRE can be a bit of headache, especially for an OPM, but if you're patient, you might catch a neighbor off guard.

Can you force your country to become a horde? I read a post somewhere (the Ryukyu WC), in which the player collapsed his country to become a horde.
Tried collapsing, didn't become horde.

:(

Yes, but then your European territories become distant overseas provinces, which I assume is not what the OP wants.

He can also just get a land connection of owned provinces from his capital to his Asian holdings. Depending on his situation those crappy wool/grain territories along the way will be more than paid for if he does.

Why is Sweden's flag dark blue with 3 crowns on it?
The yellow and blue Scandinavian Cross has been the flag since at least 1562 and even before 1420 some historians claim that the Swedish flag was blue with a white cross.

why are other nations with less or equal numbers of mrchents get more money out of my COT then i do?

and how can i raise my support limit?

Because they have a higher trade efficiency. For every trade tech level you get 1-2 % "T(rade)E(fficiency)". For "stadardized weights and scales decsision", available at govt. tech 10 in your capital +10% TE and for bulding a lvl 6 trade building you also get 1% TE. Also helpful: National Trade Policy and being plutocratic (especially if you want to be a trader nation).

Support limit can be raised by higher fort levels and higher land techs iirc.

Probably a question asked several times already, but here I go:

What defines which cores you get when you form the HRE as a true nation?
I expected to get all the provinces of my culture group, but many German ones are non-core, while the core of Burgundy and Bohemia are cores.

Do you get cores only on all former electors' core provinces? (would be a bit weird since they don't mean anything anymore in the HRE, and since it also includes electors that last their elector status way before HRE has been reformed to be hereditary)

Probably a question asked several times already, but here I go:

What defines which cores you get when you form the HRE as a true nation?
I expected to get all the provinces of my culture group, but many German ones are non-core, while the core of Burgundy and Bohemia are cores.

Do you get cores only on all former electors' core provinces? (would be a bit weird since they don't mean anything anymore in the HRE, and since it also includes electors that last their elector status way before HRE has been reformed to be hereditary)

I believe you get a core on all member provinces. Whether or not the member itself has a core does not matter. Is it possible that some of the German provinces on which you did not get cores were not part of the HRE? (TO, for example, is not part of the HRE at game start.)

Can you force your country to become a horde? I read a post somewhere (the Ryukyu WC), in which the player collapsed his country to become a horde.
Tried collapsing, didn't become horde.

:(

Hmm, did you use the right rebel type when collapsing (religious iirc)? If yes, then I am not really sure, didn't try it out either. But I have something in my mind which could work and would be pretty cool. But not as cool as a Ryukyu Horde^^

how come other nations can come to my colonial provinces and unlawfuly take them but when i get them back i only occupy them and have to take them back in a peace deal for infamy? it realy sucks

When you have an army in the colony province it has an option to "sieze colony". This is how the other nations take your colony and what you need to take them back without infamy.

HRE unification cores: You get a core on any province cored by a nation that you have a cored province bordering.

i.e.: if you have a core in Treviso and Austria owns and has a core in Trent you will get a core on every province Austria owns and has a core on.

About the Asia connection: Yeah, I still want my European holdings to be non-overseas. I've got holdings in Anatolia which isn't overseas for me. It is connected to the middle east (which is party mine as well) - but my provinces there are counted as overseas. :/ Someone said about land connections.. I guess you meant that I need to have a land connection between the capital and the Overseas provinces?