• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Empire gives you holy war CB on any nation from another religious group, not just muslim/christian but also eastern & pagan (as do the other requirements for it).

I read the passage as saying that you can only get a Holy War CB if you're playing a Christian or Muslim nation.

Which would mean that you can't get a Holy War CB against other nations if you're playing a Hindu nation, for example.

Guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm playing Majapahit in my next game, and they're Hindu.

Playing 5.1 no mods. In my game novgorod just switched from a trade league to an administrative republic despite only having government tech 10. Why would that happen?.

I decided to have a stab at playing Finland in Divine Wind 5.1. What I did was modify the country file for finland to add lots of new names and get rid of the Swedish names, I wanted to make a Finland with no Swedish influence.

I then saved this file, booted the game up as Sweden in 1399 and released Finland as a vassal and then unvassalized them. Saved, resigned, loaded as Finland. To my surprise, the Finnish king was now known as "Kimi I Paijkull". Paijkull. Why can I never get rid of the family name Paijkull? I cannot seem to find that name saved in the game anywhere. It's definitely not in my list of advisors nor in my list of leader for finland.txt so the game should not select that name.

Where is the name Paijkull located, and how can I get it out of the game? I do not want a king known as Paijkull because it selects that name all the time! :p

what determines if a reform when i am the HRE will go through - is it the amount of states in the HRE that have positive relations with me, or does the number of each provinces in the HRE matter.....I.e i have great relations with a lot of states, but Austria who have shedloads of HRE province hate me and I cant get the reform to fire.

What is the best ways to ensure it is accepted

what determines if a reform when i am the HRE will go through - is it the amount of states in the HRE that have positive relations with me, or does the number of each provinces in the HRE matter.....I.e i have great relations with a lot of states, but Austria who have shedloads of HRE province hate me and I cant get the reform to fire.

What is the best ways to ensure it is accepted

Have high relations with as many nations as possible. What matters is the votes in the Imperial Diet. Any individual nation could vote no or yes for any number of reasons (for the latter reforms, almost any nation with over like, 20 provinces, will vote against no matter what you do)

Quick question... how do I change max province population limit?

999,999 isnt realistic at all, and it needs *a few* more 9's =P

Have high relations with as many nations as possible. What matters is the votes in the Imperial Diet. Any individual nation could vote no or yes for any number of reasons (for the latter reforms, almost any nation with over like, 20 provinces, will vote against no matter what you do)

Vassal nations have a +200 point bonus to their "do I vote yes on this reform?" score.

I think that, if you mouseover the individual shields in the HRE screen, it will give you a detailed breakdown of what is influencing their opinion of you, and by how much.

I'm playing Vijayanagar in DW5.1. My next to last mission was "Conquer Golconda, gain core". That was completed and I got the mission "Convert Nagpur", the only province that Deccan had converted to Islam before it disappeared. I had taken that province earlier with a core gained from a border dispute and already had a missionary hard at work spreading Hinduism there. When Nagpur converted, I got the notification, next day the mission completed and no other mission came up. Am I doomed to be missionless forever, until I get a new Muslim neighbor or what is happening here? Never had "no mission" before.

I'm playing Vijayanagar in DW5.1. My next to last mission was "Conquer Golconda, gain core". That was completed and I got the mission "Convert Nagpur", the only province that Deccan had converted to Islam before it disappeared. I had taken that province earlier with a core gained from a border dispute and already had a missionary hard at work spreading Hinduism there. When Nagpur converted, I got the notification, next day the mission completed and no other mission came up. Am I doomed to be missionless forever, until I get a new Muslim neighbor or what is happening here? Never had "no mission" before.

Sometimes it seems to happen. I had this too. But after the 5-year-mission timer is gone there should be a new mission available. Like when you did convert it within 2 years you still might have to wait 3 more years to get the next mission. Not sure about it but as I already said, I experienced that sometimes either.

There are times when you aren't eligible for any mission for a variety of reasons so you sit with no mission until you become eligible for one. This generally will only happen when you are at war with someone (including a horde) and have lower tech (not eligible for improve defenses or build manufactory).

Vassal nations have a +200 point bonus to their "do I vote yes on this reform?" score.

I think that, if you mouseover the individual shields in the HRE screen, it will give you a detailed breakdown of what is influencing their opinion of you, and by how much.

No that's just the electors, and it concerns the election of a new Emperor. The reform voting system doesn't work with point modifiers but with multipliers, mostly.

See http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Imperial_Reforms for a full list.

I was looking up force limits (or rather, what affects it) on the wiki. I got a bit confused by it, see bolded parts below. Am I missing something or is the Wiki self-contradictory on this point?

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Force_limit#Force_Limit

The %modifiers in the equation are modifiers for the forcelimit which you can get by certain buildings, slider positions or NIs. Of course they have an influence. The %modifiers in the first sentence are the modifiers for you tax income, for example from events and other stuff. They are not taken into account.

The %modifiers in the equation are modifiers for the forcelimit which you can get by certain buildings, slider positions or NIs. Of course they have an influence. The %modifiers in the first sentence are the modifiers for you tax income, for example from events and other stuff. They are not taken into account.

Yes, I realized that just after posting (having the flu seems to impair your mental capability) and deleted my post. Thanks for your answer anyway!

Quick question... how do I change max province population limit?

999,999 isnt realistic at all, and it needs *a few* more 9's =P
That is a modding question which should be asked in the modding forum (which you'll need to register your game to post in).
In any case, anything over 101,000 has no effect on income or manpower so it would mostly be a cosmetic change.

is it possible to switch from one COT to another and if so how?
The CoT for a province is decided by two factors: Geography and relation. If you're close to a CoT, it's likely to pick it. If it's your own, it's more likely to use that one. If you're in a trade league, it's more likely too.

As an example, play Sweden. If you're in the Hanseatic league, all your provinces trade through Lübeck. However, if you join Novgorod's trade league, all your provinces would trade through Novgorod. If you left the trade league and formed your own Center of Trade, all your provinces would trade through that province.

To answer your question, you can only decide what CoT you trade through by joining their trade league, or simply having a center of your own.

Isn't there suppose to be pop-ups for when another nation gets heir/loses heir....can't find in message settings?

Is it possible to expand in the HRE as Aachen? For the first 40 years of my game I've just been trading and advancing tech. Still an OPM and see no ways for advancement. I can't get PUs due to my government and I can't really attack due to the HRE and it's many alliances.