• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How long can you occupy an AI province if there no peacetreaty? is it possible to occupy all the provinces of a AI country until 1821?

Recently started to colonize for the first time and my "max colonising range" lets me send colonist to the coastal regions of Brazil, the coastal provinces has a colonising range of about 200 or something like that.
But the inland provinces bordering the coastal has a range of 2000!? Not even coastal provinces much further away "mapwise" has colonial range range like that, how come it so high inland?

How long can you occupy an AI province if there no peacetreaty? is it possible to occupy all the provinces of a AI country until 1821?

Recently started to colonize for the first time and my "max colonising range" lets me send colonist to the coastal regions of Brazil, the coastal provinces has a colonising range of about 200 or something like that.
But the inland provinces bordering the coastal has a range of 2000!? Not even coastal provinces much further away "mapwise" has colonial range range like that, how come it so high inland?

In general you cannot occupy an ai nation until 1821 without an enforced white peace. There are exceptions with horde nations and some cheesy tactics to get around this though it usually isn't worthwhile.

Inland provinces have a high range to reflect the fact that you cannot colonise them at all as circumstances currently are. To colonise an inland province you have to own a chain of fully developed, unbesieged provinces from it to the coast (or your capital if on the same land mass). Additionally, if it is on a different land mass there must be an unobstructed (no pirates/enemy fleets) path of sea provinces from a core province connected to your capital (again by fully developed, unbesieged provinces) to a coastal province connected to the target province.

In general you cannot occupy an ai nation until 1821 without an enforced white peace. There are exceptions with horde nations and some cheesy tactics to get around this though it usually isn't worthwhile.

Inland provinces have a high range to reflect the fact that you cannot colonise them at all as circumstances currently are. To colonise an inland province you have to own a chain of fully developed, unbesieged provinces from it to the coast (or your capital if on the same land mass). Additionally, if it is on a different land mass there must be an unobstructed (no pirates/enemy fleets) path of sea provinces from a core province connected to your capital (again by fully developed, unbesieged provinces) to a coastal province connected to the target province.

ok, thanks for the answers!

how do i deal with inflation? its impossible to get it to a - and keeping an army. i keep getting to like 0.6-0.8 a year no matter what i do. and it just sucks to wait 4 years for a carrack!

Master of Mint advisor (0.02 inflation reduction per year per star)
National Bank National Idea (0.10 inflation reduction per year)
Tax Assessor building (0.05 inflation reduction per year)
Centralization (0.01 inflation reduction per year per point of Centralization)

This could probably use its own thread, because it seems as though it's going to be a fairly situational/subjective question, but in my current Korea game, I am in a PU with Ming and I don't really want all their land when I inherit them, so I am going to release them as a vassal (after I 'Promote Cultural Unity' on Nanjing) and I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to release Ming or release Qin, Xia and Wu. Is it better to have one big vassal or three smaller vassals? I'm leaning towards the three smaller ones so that if one decides to backstab me I'll have the other two to help defend me. Does anybody know what the general consensus seems to be on this subject?

This could probably use its own thread, because it seems as though it's going to be a fairly situational/subjective question, but in my current Korea game, I am in a PU with Ming and I don't really want all their land when I inherit them, so I am going to release them as a vassal (after I 'Promote Cultural Unity' on Nanjing) and I'm trying to decide whether it would be better to release Ming or release Qin, Xia and Wu. Is it better to have one big vassal or three smaller vassals? I'm leaning towards the three smaller ones so that if one decides to backstab me I'll have the other two to help defend me. Does anybody know what the general consensus seems to be on this subject?

Without any further knowledge of your reasons why you would release land that you inherit, I would recommend you to release one big vassal instead of 3, because if, at some point, you decide to annex them again, it would only cost you 1 stability hit to get all that mass of land and only to wait 10 years instead of 30. I hope it could help.

What else is required for the Basileus achievement?

21ju0e9.jpg

What else is required for the Basileus achievement?
Taken from another thread:

owns = 142 Corfu
owns = 143 Albania
owns = 144 Janina
owns = 145 Morea
owns = 146 Athens
owns = 147 Salonica
owns = 148 Macedonia
owns = 149 Edirne
owns = 150 Bulgaria
owns = 151 Thrace
owns = 159 Silistria
owns = 163 Crete
owns = 164 Naxos
owns = 285 Kaffa
owns = 316 Bithynia
owns = 317 Bursa
owns = 318 Smyrna
owns = 319 Antalya
owns = 320 Rhodes
owns = 321 Cyprus
owns = 322 Anatolia
owns = 323 Konya
owns = 324 Karaman
owns = 325 Kastamon
owns = 326 Angora
owns = 328 Adana
owns = 329 Sinope
owns = 330 Trebizon
owns = 1764 Burgas
owns = 1765 Nis
owns = 1773 Achaea

Something strange happened in my game, i was playing Austria and i PU'd alot of germanic kingdoms. After inheriting brunswick, i didn't get cores on its provinces(which are part of the germanic culture group, provinces i'm supposed to get cores on when i'm inheriting). Does anyone know the reason it glitched? Or is it meant to be like that? Relevant to add that i inherited 4 kingdoms in one ruler death(gelre, brandenburg, brunswick and some other ic an't remember).

Something strange happened in my game, i was playing Austria and i PU'd alot of germanic kingdoms. After inheriting brunswick, i didn't get cores on its provinces(which are part of the germanic culture group, provinces i'm supposed to get cores on when i'm inheriting). Does anyone know the reason it glitched? Or is it meant to be like that? Relevant to add that i inherited 4 kingdoms in one ruler death(gelre, brandenburg, brunswick and some other ic an't remember).
You only get cores for provinces in the same culture group, does that apply here?

Playing as Castille, just got a bunch of money thru an event. Got me like 10-15 colonies
in south america and was thinking maybe to create a CoT over there.
Question: is it worth it with so few colonial provinces? They're citys but not with cores. When would you recomend to
create a CoT in this case?

Am at the year 1700 now, and I miss the Holy War CB's :( .. I was ottomans and and I was going mad on the Christians .. Holy war CB's ended by 1650 ?

What to do now ? is there another good CB coming ? I read sth about Monarchies vs republics CB's and maybe the revolution sth ? when its going to happen and how ?

Thanks

Am at the year 1700 now, and I miss the Holy War CB's :( .. I was ottomans and and I was going mad on the Christians .. Holy war CB's ended by 1650 ?

What to do now ? is there another good CB coming ? I read sth about Monarchies vs republics CB's and maybe the revolution sth ? when its going to happen and how ?

Thanks

Your best is the Imperialism CB; you can get it by choosing a particular form of government (Republican Dictatorship, Enlightened Despotism and Absolute Monarchy). Revolutions are unreliable; I've never seen a proper revolution in a game of EU 3, and I've been playing since IN. You do get Imperialism for the two revolutionary governments, should you manage to make that happen. You could pick Bill of Rights, which will give you a CB on pretty much everyone, but without any cheaper infamy for adding territory.

I'd say picking one of the three governments above is your best bet.

Your best is the Imperialism CB; you can get it by choosing a particular form of government (Republican Dictatorship, Enlightened Despotism and Absolute Monarchy). Revolutions are unreliable; I've never seen a proper revolution in a game of EU 3, and I've been playing since IN. You do get Imperialism for the two revolutionary governments, should you manage to make that happen. You could pick Bill of Rights, which will give you a CB on pretty much everyone, but without any cheaper infamy for adding territory.

I'd say picking one of the three governments above is your best bet.

Revolution and Counter-revolution NI (available at Government 53) gives you casus belli on everybody that has the opposite form of monarchy/republic from you. That is, if you're a monarchy (doesn't matter which kind, according to the wiki), you get a free CB on any nation with a Republic, and vice versa. And 25% infamy for annexed territories.